Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't disagree. its about the pace and rate of growth. QBs vs. Cap. seems the salaries for QBs is growing faster than the cap.
Cap increases only mean that agents representing will just eat it up, they know how much money you have in your pocket.

plymkr

Reaction score
So resigning Dak is going to happen. I’m not thrilled about it and I’m really not thrilled he’ll reset the market. Resetting the market is an issue for me because he’s not the best QB in the league and he’s not good in the playoffs. It’s a message to the team that average play against good teams will be rewarded with record setting contracts. Not the best message or business model but that’s Jerry. Regardless I’ll support Dak, and anyone wearing the star, on game day because I’m a Cowboys fan.

One thing I really hope happens, if it hasn’t happened, is Jerry hires a top notch sports psychologist to work with Dak. The playoffs is a mental thing now with Dak. And possibly the entire team. Please Jerry, bring in a sports psychologist because this is mental at this point.

I am completely convinced Dak and the rest of the team would have blown the brakes off of Green Bay in the regular season at home. No doubt in my mind. The word “playoffs” causes the mental screws with Dak, and everyone else, to tighten up. That needs to be fixed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they sign him to 70 mil a season and he gets booed out of the stadium. This forum is going to be so much fun being on the the so called haters side.
Round # lets go with 100 million a year for 5 and you are correct the laughs here will be plenty till he gets booed out of town.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry is going to crush the QB cap hit with an extension with our loser QB, only to discover that Dak is going to be totally lost in 2024, can't see the field now, what is he going to see vs an even tougher schedule behind all those stacks of cash.
Its not a Dak problem as much as it is a Jerry problem, a Jones problem that will continue to haunt this team for longer than I will live, and many others.
Some will be alive still when Jerrys Grandson is still making stupid decisions.
SJ is already a proven moron.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jerry is the dumbest GM in the league. The salary cap is going up like crazy and the only one who benefits is the joke of a QB. I can't believe the Cowboys drafted a QB who got drunk and got his *** whipped in the parking lot of a college game. Get that man a jersey that says I whipped choker Prescott!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Of course he will. And the next franchise qb that’s due a contract will beat out his. It’s the way it works. I wish they would cap the amount each position could make and every year the cap goes up the amount is spread,

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Of course he will. And the next franchise qb that’s due a contract will beat out his. It’s the way it works. I wish they would cap the amount each position could make and every year the cap goes up the amount is spread,
There absolutely should be a positional proportional max that a team is allowed to spend per position, but that gets really tricky.
The salary cap going up to around 245 million this year only means that agents that have lined their clients up perfectly with short term and NTC get to cash in again.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
just cut this guy already. take the hit, suck for a year or two and go get a QB that can actually play well when it matters.
When you have an owner that has one foot in the grave you get short term priorities. I don't blame Jerry for extending him, he really has no choice if he wants any kind of shot at winning in 24 but it's a disaster for the team regardless. We are not a superbowl team with Dak and financially we are compromised for future years if we extend him.

A real football GM would be looking for a trading partner for Dak and in the event that doesn't work you post June 1st cut him or let him play out the last year and wait on your other big money contracts until 25.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shocker the Dak Haters had no clue about the voidable years…..Now they are complaining about the players Cowboys didn’t sign the last time Prescott got a QB Market Value deal :lmao: :lmao:

Dak Haters are worthless football humans:lmao2:
So he signs a 3 year deal right now, could 2 of the years be voidable?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Imagine if that was even a true statement. They dare us to run and we can't. They play coverage....hence why we can't pass....
No, they bottle up the short & intermediate routes we like to run which leaves the bulk of their defenders not only close to the LOS but facing it. Because our passing game doesn't stress the defenders & move them out of position for run support.

Don't get me wrong, we can't run that well regardless because our interior offensive line isn't good at rooting people out. Our line is better when there is movement and they can ride the defenders out of position.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I hope they sign him to 70 mil a season and he gets booed out of the stadium. This forum is going to be so much fun being on the the so called haters side.
And if you’re not on the “haters” side now you don’t get to join it a decade into Daks career either.

If it takes you 10 years to realize a player sucks I’m not taking you serious.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So resigning Dak is going to happen. I’m not thrilled about it and I’m really not thrilled he’ll reset the market. Resetting the market is an issue for me because he’s not the best QB in the league and he’s not good in the playoffs. It’s a message to the team that average play against good teams will be rewarded with record setting contracts. Not the best message or business model but that’s Jerry. Regardless I’ll support Dak, and anyone wearing the star, on game day because I’m a Cowboys fan.

One thing I really hope happens, if it hasn’t happened, is Jerry hires a top notch sports psychologist to work with Dak. The playoffs is a mental thing now with Dak. And possibly the entire team. Please Jerry, bring in a sports psychologist because this is mental at this point.

I am completely convinced Dak and the rest of the team would have blown the brakes off of Green Bay in the regular season at home. No doubt in my mind. The word “playoffs” causes the mental screws with Dak, and everyone else, to tighten up. That needs to be fixed.
If Dak played average against good teams we’d have a couple rings right now.

Dak sucks 90% of the time against good teams.

Dak isn’t even able to reliably give us average against good teams and more money isn’t gonna fix it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Take it as a win-win. Pretend the goal is the NFC East pennant and then shake your head as we go into 'told you so' mode when Dak performs his annual play-off capitulation.....as his fans cry out for 'more weapons' or 'more protection'

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don't disagree. its about the pace and rate of growth. QBs vs. Cap. seems the salaries for QBs is growing faster than the cap.
This is the owners fault. Where does it say they have to cave to the agents demands? It isn't written anywhere. The owners created this mess. They made that bed, now they get to lie in it.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
If Dak played average against good teams we’d have a couple rings right now.

Dak sucks 90% of the time against good teams.

Dak isn’t even able to reliably give us average against good teams and more money isn’t gonna fix it.
Dak has a new baby on the way. How the hell do you expect anyone to raise a child on only 45 mil a season?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You say that, but I kind of think you wouldn't care if Jerry was paying Dak 600 mil a season. As long as Dak is the QB, I think you will always be fine with that, no matter how much he is getting paid.
Actually AC has said he wants Dak to settle for much less. Will he support him anyway. Probably , but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t think he should take less.

Status
Not open for further replies.