Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
If Dak resets the market, I honestly will not be a fan of his anymore. I was already on the fence with him as he's underperformed every year in the post season or when it mattered most. He already reset the market once. He is NOT the best player at his position. He does not elevate his team. He needs players around him to elevate himself, just like Purdy. He is not Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, etc.... Those QBs change and affect the game with their arm and legs. Dak doesn't have the mobility he had his rookie year that made him like those players. Now he just sits in the pocket and gets sacked under pressure, or tries to run out of bounds and either moronically doesn't throw the ball away or gets sacked. If he gets more than 50mil a year he is going to cripple this franchise until he is gone. Fans will turn on him for continuing to want the highest contract even though he doesn't perform under the brightest lights. It just doesn't make sense, with endorsements for being a Cowboys and the last contract he should be a billionaire soon. There comes a point where more money just doesn't make a difference in your life.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes...let's be serious. What you posted isn't all that serious.

Unless you mean that Dak would receive the same scrutiny as Romo and every other "losing" QB ever in the history of football?

Nobody remembers the Miami center who couldn't win it, but we sure do remember Marino!
You must believe giving up 6 TD's on 9 possessions to GB is a good defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Dak resets the market, I honestly will not be a fan of his anymore. I was already on the fence with him as he's underperformed every year in the post season or when it mattered most. He already reset the market once. He is NOT the best player at his position. He does not elevate his team. He needs players around him to elevate himself, just like Purdy. He is not Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, etc....
All the top QBs that are extended are resetting the market. That’s just the way it is in the NFL these days. As for Jackson and Allen I don’t see where players are elevating themselves around them in the playoffs. Both QBs have had their struggles in postseason. Jackson is 2-4 and Allen is 5-5. They have their doubters amongst their fanbase. Jackson signed the richest contract in NFL history, and he’s not the best player at his position. You’re not following along very well if you think a QB needs to be the best player at their position to be the highest paid.

Brax

Reaction score
Explain what inflammatory comments I have made???
Get a new team for one, maybe you should read some of your older posts. I for one don’t care what side or what is said by anyone, everyone gets excited in the moment and your views just happen to be diametrically opposite of his yet you can’t see yourself in the same way.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Yes...let's be serious. What you posted isn't all that serious.

Unless you mean that Dak would receive the same scrutiny as Romo and every other "losing" QB ever in the history of football?

Nobody remembers the Miami center who couldn't win it, but we sure do remember Marino!
and our QB definitely ain't no Marino

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak is a damn good quarterback and definitely top 10.... but he's not worth 60M.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you really expected(minus pick 6) for Dak to score 45 points to beat GB game?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any QB over Dak, is idiotic.
confused-afro-guy-has-too-many-questions.jpg

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Losers lose. If you voluntarily sign up to pay a proven loser, I'm not sure there is a word to describe that. I do know that it will be a word that looks up to moron & insanity though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
nobody said that.
Cutting your losses sometimes hurts in the short run. It's not the fans' fault that the ownership has painted the team into a dismal corner.
We are a 12-5 team. This is not the time to cut your losses. We are closer to winning than having a number 1 overall pick.

If you are going to rebuild, then go all in on rebuilding. Trade all of your top players accumulate a tremendous amount of picks. Get $60M under the CAP. Then go 3-14 and get a top QB.

Either way you must go all in. All in to win it all or all in to rebuild. Half assing it trying to rebuild and win at the same time does not work.

At least not in Dallas with our GM.

That's what Jimmy did and that is what Jimmy would do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.