Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Every good QB that is on a bad team is labeled as they can't win. Is that fair?

Did you really think we had a SB team minus Dak and a SB team minus Romo?

Why is it pretty much a requirement for a QB to win a SB to make the Hall a Fame and not any other position.

Did Barry Sanders suck or was it his team. So if you lead the league in rushing and can't win, it is your team. But if you lead the league in passing and can't win, it is the QB's fault.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Dak resets the market, I honestly will not be a fan of his anymore. I was already on the fence with him as he's underperformed every year in the post season or when it mattered most. He already reset the market once. He is NOT the best player at his position. He does not elevate his team. He needs players around him to elevate himself, just like Purdy. He is not Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Jackson, etc.... Those QBs change and affect the game with their arm and legs. Dak doesn't have the mobility he had his rookie year that made him like those players. Now he just sits in the pocket and gets sacked under pressure, or tries to run out of bounds and either moronically doesn't throw the ball away or gets sacked. If he gets more than 50mil a year he is going to cripple this franchise until he is gone. Fans will turn on him for continuing to want the highest contract even though he doesn't perform under the brightest lights. It just doesn't make sense, with endorsements for being a Cowboys and the last contract he should be a billionaire soon. There comes a point where more money just doesn't make a difference in your life.
What point is that? All Dak is going to get is what is commensurate with his most recent performance and the environment that is the NFL today in deference to compensation for starting quarterbacks. Since Dak is already signed for next season and has never complained about his contract who the hell wants to change it? Not Dak. Dak is fine with his current deal. If someone connected with the Dallas Cowboys organization wants a different deal with Dak Prescott they will have to offer him a financial situation better than the one he’s in now. I believe Dak and his representation would prefer no new deal, play out his current contract, and he’s a free agent 12 months from now. If the Cowboys want Dak to consider staying they’re going to have to offer him enough compensation to agree to continue to be the Cowboys quarterback. This conversation is not about what Dak wants. It is 100% about what Jerry Jones wants.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Dak, Lamb and Micah all reset the market in Dallas and we could not win with them in the past l, with 2 rookie contracts why would we expect different results???

Chasing6

Reaction score
What point is that? All Dak is going to get is what is commensurate with his most recent performance and the environment that is the NFL today in deference to compensation for starting quarterbacks. Since Dak is already signed for next season and has never complained about his contract who the hell wants to change it? Not Dak. Dak is fine with his current deal. If someone connected with the Dallas Cowboys organization wants a different deal with Dak Prescott they will have to offer him a financial situation better than the one he’s in now. I believe Dak and his representation would prefer no new deal, play out his current contract, and he’s a free agent 12 months from now. If the Cowboys want Dak to consider staying they’re going to have to offer him enough compensation to agree to continue to be the Cowboys quarterback. This conversation is not about what Dak wants. It is 100% about what Jerry Jones wants.
Once you are in the playoffs. You are playing the best teams in the league. If your expectations are for Dak to play in the playoffs, like he is playing the Giants, then you have set yourself up for failure.

Expecting Dak to score 30+ points in every playoff game is unrealistic.

Dak did not have a good game against GB. Our game plan of running the ball did not work. Lamb having a melt down on the sideline did help Dak. Our Defense giving up 6 TD's on 9 possessions. Did not work. It was a complete melt down of the entire organization.

Trying to blame it on one player just shows the ignorance of our fan base. I would rather have a small fan base that actually understands the game like the GB fans.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, fans that think any QB is better than Dak are complete idiots.
Ok so you are not saying Dak is better than anyone else then ........... whoooo thank God ...... I was gonna be concerned then.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Nah, bro gotta disagree with you on this one my on man. I don’t think even think it’s close. Have you ventured to Twitter? It’s a Dak love fest over there. Romo was hated so much they created categories to dismiss him and create narratives. Where is that same energy now for QBs? Where are those categories now? Nonexistent. Sorry man there are far more Dak fanboys than Romo fanboys. Heck they bring up Romo 8 years later to prop up Dak. The entire thing is very strange.
I don’t do twitter. I obviously spend lots of time here and The Zone by and large is very down on Dak.

Reddit is more “mild” compared to us.

Kwyn

Reaction score
using "troll" and "hate" in debate reminds me of adolescents on Facebook. Emotional nonsense.
We straight up do have some trolls here and the term is still applicable. You may think it’s nonsense but if there are posters who are deliberately and intentionally trying to start fights and stir up anger and emotion, what would you call it? Substitute a word of your choice.

There’s one regular who said he now full on hates the team and is rooting for losses so he can post every week at the Zone to “rub people’s noses in it”.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Get a new team for one, maybe you should read some of your older posts. I for one don’t care what side or what is said by anyone, everyone gets excited in the moment and your views just happen to be diametrically opposite of his yet you can’t see yourself in the same way.
Get a new team is correct. 8 years of constant bashing of the QB, team and owner, yes, it's definitely time to follow another team. Do yourselves a favor and stop being miserable, much less passing your misery daily on to everyone else. It's not healthy.

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo was the bonafied choker, and you love choking.
Yes. If Romo did not score 30+ a game he chocked.
It's a real shame to see two good fans like yourselves defending two guys that wouldn't even piss on yall if you were on fire.

But I suppose the debate must continue. One is 2-5 and one is 2-4 .....pick your hero

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All the top QBs that are extended are resetting the market. That’s just the way it is in the NFL these days. As for Jackson and Allen I don’t see where players are elevating themselves around them in the playoffs. Both QBs have had their struggles in postseason. Jackson is 2-4 and Allen is 5-5. They have their doubters amongst their fanbase. Jackson signed the richest contract in NFL history, and he’s not the best player at his position. You’re not following along very well if you think a QB needs to be the best player at their position to be the highest paid.
They definitely don't have to be the best player but they definitely need to show the lights are on.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
We straight up do have some trolls here and the term is still applicable. You may think it’s nonsense but if there are posters who are deliberately and intentionally trying to start fights and stir up anger and emotion, what would you call it? Substitute a word of your choice.

There’s one regular who said he now full on hates the team and is rooting for losses so he can post every week at the Zone to “rub people’s noses in it”.
reading their posts is optional, as is replying.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was the bonafied choker, and you love choking.
He was not. Show us your stats.

Come on tough guy..now...is yoru chance to shine.

I suppose...we should define "choker". We could also spell check bona fide...but I will absolutely not hold that against you. Just your definition of "choker"...then we can compare Romo and Dak.

We need your definition of choker, and we need Romo's stats on it. You claim it now put your money where your choking mouth is. Or else...shut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.