Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s obvious your comments about Dak are hate driven. You may be willing to move on and take your chances but I’m not and I know there’s plenty of fans who feel the same way. I’m not moving on until I find a better option. To say he’s washed is ridiculous. He had a terrific 2023 season and came in second for MVP. Yes, he played bad in the playoffs but so did the entire team. I’ve said it many times, and I’ll say it again if it was up to some of you, the Cowboys would never make it to the playoffs because they wouldn’t have a viable QB. As for Lance, it’s laughable that you would be willing to go with him. :rolleyes: He flamed out in San Francisco and hasn’t proven he can win. He’s going to have to beat out Cooper Rush to become the backup. Some of you would take any QB but Dak.
Lets try and keep it simple, and dial it down.
If you don't recognize that Dak is totally washed by now, then I don't think there is any help for you as far as basic recognition skills at this point.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You would pay him 60m and not let him off the bench?
yes, and I would try to win with lance,or another cheap qb, and if it didnt happen early, I would tank and have the # 1 or 2 draft pick the next season.
With that I could get a top qb if one was there.

There is no point to having a good season and then flopping in playoffs,not being a serious contender for SB.
Do that every year and then draft at 24 or lower, you never get anywhere.
Dallas builds from the draft, which means you have to be bad (or tank) every few years to get high draft picks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lets try and keep it simple, and dial it down.
If you don't recognize that Dak is totally washed by now, then I don't think there is any help for you as far as basic recognition skills at this point.
Explain how he can be “washed” when he led the league in TD passes, passed for over 4500 yards, completed a career high 69.5 percent and had a career high 105.9 passer rating AND finished second in the MVP voting? You have no business questioning anyone’s recognition skills when it’s obvious he had a terrific regular season but had a bad playoff game with the rest of the team. Those of you who act like he sucks because of his lack of playoff success don’t know football.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They know how many are watching if you have cable , legal streaming or satellite service .

125 million viewers for the SB weren’t all Nielsen households .
they dont use any of those, they only use neilsen for the ratings they announce.
Advertisers only use neilsen, because it is way more detailed as to who is watching.

lets say they look at cable dvr stats, all they know is the dvr is recording the game, not anything else, is it a woman? how old is she?
is she watching or just recording? etc etc.
Streaming is the same, someone has the stream going, but nothing else.

So no one cares about these #s

So if you are not monitored by neilsen you have no effect on tv ratings, good or bad. All tv shows need good nielsen ratings to stay on , if they
dont get that they are canceled.
advertisers also dont care about people over 49 and they really want shows that have high female demo age 18-35 because that group
is who they want to sell too.
oprah show had very high in that group, and made the network and her filthy rich, oprah may be a billionaire because of her ratings.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Explain how he can be “washed” when he led the league in TD passes, passed for over 4500 yards, completed a career high 69.5 percent and had a career high 105.9 passer rating AND finished second in the MVP voting? You have no business questioning anyone’s recognition skills when it’s obvious he had a terrific regular season but had a bad playoff game with the rest of the team. Those of you who act like he sucks because of his lack of playoff success don’t know football.
Think you really need to look in the mirror and check your own recognition skills at this point.
You go on your Dak advocation journey, you stay with the proven loser/choker.
When Daks days are over in Big D, he will be viewed as one of the worst historic franchise failures that Dallas has ever had.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Think you really need to look in the mirror and check your own recognition skills at this point.
You go on your Dak advocation journey, you stay with the proven loser/choker.
When Daks days are over in Big D, he will be viewed as one of the worst historic franchise failures that Dallas has ever had.
I have enough recognition skills to know we’re not going to be able to get our hands on anyone better anytime soon. Any QB lesser than Dak and the Cowboys will struggle to win 8-9 games. It’s LAUGHABLE to say when his days are done he will be viewed as one of the worst historic franchise failures the Cowboys have ever had. Are you serious??:laugh: So far we’ve won 4 division titles with him, which is more than we won with Romo and a couple of playoff games. He just led us to the playoffs three straight seasons. That’s the first time that’s happened since the Cowboys were winning SB’s in the mid 90s. He also led us to three straight double digit win seasons and that hasn’t happened since the 90s. Dak has a QB record of 73-41 with a career passer rating of 99.0. He’s on pace to break all the Cowboys passing records. He was the first Cowboys QB to lead the league in TD passes since Roger Staubach and you’re claiming he will end up one of the worst historic failures in franchise history. :lmao: You should try standup comedy for a living. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Point proven you sir are a troll, have a nice day
You Dak haters are the trolls. Everything y'all believe in is completely opposite of what the Dallas Cowboys believe in. Add in your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly rants, well... It doesn't get more trollish than that!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Explain how he can be “washed” when he led the league in TD passes, passed for over 4500 yards, completed a career high 69.5 percent and had a career high 105.9 passer rating AND finished second in the MVP voting?
You left out chokes in the playoffs and can't win a super bowl. You know, the goal each season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh boy! The Cowboys sure know what they’re doing don’t they.. Foolish fans we are lmbo
Three 12-5 seasons in a row, followed by playoffs, but y'all create riots because it doesn't result in a championship trophy. Yeah, y'all are a big problem.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Let's be serious. Even if we got there and lost. It would be the same song and dance that Dak can win the big game. Even though the defense gave up 30+ points and 150+ yards rushing.
i can’t speak for everyone … but me personally would be quiet for a bit out of pure joy. But that’s me personally… can’t speak for the rest.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You left out chokes in the playoffs and can't win a super bowl. You know, the goal each season.
Like I keep saying we’ve only had 2 QBs in team history to win SB’s. Maybe Buffalo and Baltimore shouldn’t have paid Allen and Jackson. Neither have won SB’s. There’s a lot of starting QB’s that haven’t won a SB.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Well Marino was brought up as some bench mark. He was great, but apparently not better than Trent Dilpher, Nick Foles and Brad Johnson. They won rings and Marino didnt.

I'm just using the "success" measuring stick that others here apply to what a successful quarterback is supposed to be.
One cannot define success by the word success.

Status
Not open for further replies.