Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Three 12-5 seasons in a row, followed by playoffs, but y'all create riots because it doesn't result in a championship trophy. Yeah, y'all are a big problem.
Yeah and two out of the last three seasons they lost in the first round. You’re alright with having great regular seasons just to crap the bed in the playoffs?! Of course every fan wants their favorite team to win the SB but man only the Commanders and Cowboys haven’t at least made it to the NFCCG in over 20 years! I’m sorry but it’s the same story every year!

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
It’s obvious your comments about Dak are hate driven. You may be willing to move on and take your chances but I’m not and I know there’s plenty of fans who feel the same way. I’m not moving on until I find a better option. To say he’s washed is ridiculous. He had a terrific 2023 season and came in second for MVP. Yes, he played bad in the playoffs but so did the entire team. I’ve said it many times, and I’ll say it again if it was up to some of you, the Cowboys would never make it to the playoffs because they wouldn’t have a viable QB. As for Lance, it’s laughable that you would be willing to go with him. :rolleyes: He flamed out in San Francisco and hasn’t proven he can win. He’s going to have to beat out Cooper Rush to become the backup. Some of you would take any QB but Dak.
More of this "hate" crap? Geeze, I made my kids stop when they were in junior high.

The sooner we get rid of him, the sooner we can recover.
Kill me now, don't bleed me to death slowly.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well Marino was brought up as some bench mark. He was great, but apparently not better than Trent Dilpher, Nick Foles and Brad Johnson. They won rings and Marino didnt.

I'm just using the "success" measuring stick that others here apply to what a successful quarterback is supposed to be.
I love it when the give credit to a QB who wins the SB, despite the fact they played like crap and their defense completely carried them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
More of this "hate" crap? Geeze, I made my kids stop when they were in junior high.

The sooner we get rid of him, the sooner we can recover.
Kill me now, don't bleed me to death slowly.
It could take years to recover. Some of you keep acting like it’s going to be easy to replace him with a better QB. :rolleyes: You sound like you just started following football. As long as the Cowboys keep making the playoffs they have a shot. We’ve seen Dak play well in the playoffs when the team around him played well. He hasn’t lost one playoff game where he played poorly and the team played well.

GINeric

Reaction score
I love it when the give credit to a QB who wins the SB, despite the fact they played like crap and their defense completely carried them.

What makes it even MORE hilarious, is when they pick and choose when to give a quarterback the credit and when to give the team the credit.

It's hilarious to see the hypocrisy take place.

GORICO

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...boys-at-60-million-highest-paid-ever-contract

Colleague Jordan Schultz is reporting that we should expect Dak to approach $60 million APY, a deal that would “re-set the market.”

You fail up in Dallas.
36 TD's not counting rushing TD's and 9 INT's....the Cap will go way up too...we will not be throwing away Dak....he is our franchise QB whether we like it or not

big dog says he will throw up....please ask him to leave some room in toilet for me?......i hate the pay disparity of QB's to some other players.....Dak has shown

he can choke at worst time and he has also shown he can make plays....but hard to forget dropping the ball in big games....so after i am done here i will stick

finger in back of throat and start the process

LocoBates

Reaction score
Like I keep saying we’ve only had 2 QBs in team history to win SB’s. Maybe Buffalo and Baltimore shouldn’t have paid Allen and Jackson. Neither have won SB’s. There’s a lot of starting QB’s that haven’t won a SB.
You left out Mahomes who makes just a little more APY ($5M) than Prescott ... oh! sorry... we are talking about just QBs who make a ton of money but choke on playoffs.:D

I find it hard to justify that just because other teams have QBs that haven't reached a Championship game and/or SB the situation with Prescott and the Cowboys is acceptable and OK to make it even bigger.

At one point before 1972 Staubach had zero SB wins (Won his first SB on his 2nd year as starter)
At one point before 1993 Aikman had zero SB wins (Won his first SB on his 4th year as starter)
Hard to tell what the moneys were back then but I doubt either was eating 20% ~ 25 % of the roster salary in their respective years.

After 8 years you have to realize and accept that this QB won't take you a SB (leave alone win one).
But here _________________________ I'll leave a space for someone to comment that X QB didn't win his first SB until year 8+__________ (keep dreaming)

It's been 8 freaking painful years and by the looks of it, it will be at least a total of 12 or more because Jerry will do what Jerry does. It's his money and he can do whatever he wants with it, that's why I stopped going to the games and buying Jerseys.

GORICO

Reaction score
That’s why Lance is here. So Jerry can sell not needing to draft a QB.
i say give Lance a shot at being developed....just a shot...we dont have to put our hopes and dreams in him....but there is a possible outside chance

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would rather them do what they’re doing now than waste first round picks on QB’s.
The track record of QB's winning the super bowl speaks for itself.

Also, considering the current state of the Cowboys QB situation (unless you think Lance has what it takes) spending a 1st round pick on a QB is far from a wasted pick.

GORICO

Reaction score
You left out Mahomes who makes just a little more APY ($5M) than Prescott ... oh! sorry... we are talking about just QBs who make a ton of money but choke on playoffs.:D

I find it hard to justify that just because other teams have QBs that haven't reached a Championship game and/or SB the situation with Prescott and the Cowboys is acceptable and OK to make it even bigger.

At one point before 1972 Staubach had zero SB wins (Won his first SB on his 2nd year as starter)
At one point before 1993 Aikman had zero SB wins (Won his first SB on his 4th year as starter)
Hard to tell what the moneys were back then but I doubt either was eating 20% ~ 25 % of the roster salary in their respective years.

After 8 years you have to realize and accept that this QB won't take you a SB (leave alone win one).
But here _________________________ I'll leave a space for someone to comment that X QB didn't win his first SB until year 8+__________ (keep dreaming)

It's been 8 freaking painful years and by the looks of it, it will be at least a total of 12 or more because Jerry will do what Jerry does. It's his money and he can do whatever he wants with it, that's why I stopped going to the games and buying Jerseys.
Peyton Manning comes to mind...drafted 1998...was it not 2005?...could be wrong....but Peyton was a stud that is for sure

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes let’s keep doing the same thing over and over.. Weeeeee
giphy.gif

GINeric

Reaction score

Also, considering the current state of the Cowboys QB situation (unless you think Lance has what it takes) spending a 1st round pick on a QB is far from a wasted pick.

For every 1st round quarterback whose won a superbowl, I can name ten 1st round quarterbacks who haven't. It takes a great TEEEAAAM and coaching to win a Superbowl. Draft status guarantees nothing.

History proves that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For every 1st round quarterback whose won a superbowl, I can name ten 1st round quarterbacks who haven't. It takes a great TEEEAAAM and coaching to win a Superbowl. Draft status guarantees nothing.

History proves that.
OK so we are going to settle on FA and 4th rounders forever to lead us to another championship?

History proves the chances of that happening are next to none.

We've tried that for 19 straight years and appear to be heading in that direction for a few more.:facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Our QB situation hasn’t reached the point where we need to use a first round pick on a QB. Very few teams have even a decent track record of QB’s winning a Super Bowl. If you have a QB that’s capable of playing at an MVP level during the regular season and is getting you consistently to the playoffs you have to stay with them. The light could eventually come on, and they could win it all. If they’re not getting you to the playoffs consistently THEN you move on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I didn’t need to mention Mahomes he wins championships. No one is saying not winning a championship is acceptable. Regardless of what everyone thinks of Dak, he gives us a chance. If you’re making the playoffs consistently, you have a chance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How many more years you going to give this guy? 8 isn't enough???

He simply just can't do it. We don't need to suffer through 2, 3, 4 or however many more years you think he needs.
As long as we’re winning division titles and making the playoffs, I’m going to keep giving him a chance. It’s not like he’s never played a great playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.