Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His proven playoff track record doesn't suggest otherwise, it proves it.
Nothing has been proven yet. I’m not giving up and moving on to someone else and risk ending up in worse situation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His proven playoff track record doesn't suggest otherwise, it proves it.
Matt Stafford was 0-3 in the playoffs in Detroit. Many said he couldn’t win big games. He was put on a great team and he immediately won a championship. I believe if the team around Dak steps up especially the defense, we have a great shot.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What makes it even MORE hilarious, is when they pick and choose when to give a quarterback the credit and when to give the team the credit.

It's hilarious to see the hypocrisy take place.
36 TD's not counting rushing TD's and 9 INT's....the Cap will go way up too...we will not be throwing away Dak....he is our franchise QB whether we like it or not

big dog says he will throw up....please ask him to leave some room in toilet for me?......i hate the pay disparity of QB's to some other players.....Dak has shown

he can choke at worst time and he has also shown he can make plays....but hard to forget dropping the ball in big games....so after i am done here i will stick

finger in back of throat and start the process
The next guy typically resets the market. CD will reset the market, Micah will reset the market. That is just the way it is. Honestly the market gets reset every year when the cap goes up. It has been that way for sometime. Especially when you have a GM that has no idea what he is doing and backs himself into a corner on any given position.
(Zach Martin last year.)

You are only allowed so many players. If the cap goes up the increased money gets spent on the same number of players.

I am waiting for the day that RB's go on strike. They are the ones getting screwed on this massive QB increase. However it is a simple supply and demand. Pretty big drop off from top 10 QB's.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would offer dak 30 mil a year and see what he does. Tell him he will be on the bench all year if he turns it down, and lance will play.
You are going to bench a player with a $59 million cap hit???

Sorry, but that is not a credible threat and Dak and his agent know it.

And how exactly is the team going to sign anybody else if they have to carry a player that will be sitting on the bench all season at $59 million?

Keep in mind the Cowboys are currently $16.1 million OVER THE CAP as of today. They have to trim that much off the roster by March 15th, the first day of the new league year. That is before signing a single player, they have to cut $16 million off the roster first.

That is almost impossible to do unless you give Dak a new extension. That is what people are not understanding when they say, just let Dak play out the last year and let him walk. The Cowboys cant, they are $16 mill over the cap right now and that is before giving any current player or any free agents a new contract. They literally have no choice unless they want to blow up the roster and start releasing vets, they have to give Dak a new contract to lower that cap number.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would offer dak 30 mil a year and see what he does. Tell him he will be on the bench all year if he turns it down, and lance will play.
Dak and his Agent would laugh there *** off.

Reality is Dak and his Agent will be making Dallas an offer. They will be drawing up the contract for GM Jeruh and side kick Stephen to sign.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Think you really need to look in the mirror and check your own recognition skills at this point.
You go on your Dak advocation journey, you stay with the proven loser/choker.
When Daks days are over in Big D, he will be viewed as one of the worst historic franchise failures that Dallas has ever had.
To be fair to Dak, and I am one of his biggest critics, you cannot say that he is a franchise failure.

He holds most of the passing records for the franchise, has won just as many division titles and about as many playoff games as previous QBs, and he did have statistically the best regular season of his career, lead the NFL in TD passes, got an All-Pro 2nd team award (these are legit awards, not like the probowl), and he was # 2 in the league in MVP voting behind Lamar Jackson.

Dak just hasnt had postseason success, but guess what, neither has Lamar Jackson either (he is 1-3 in the playoffs and still got $260 million on his new contract).

Justin Herbet got $292 million.............he is 0-1 in the playoffs for his career.

People have to realize that QBs get paid based on their regular season stats, not their playoff record. And yes, Dak's regular season stats are comparable to those QBs who have signed mega contracts recently, that is just a fact. I dont have to neccesarily like it, but I cant sit here and say Dak should not get paid what other franchise QBs with similar regular season stats have been paid, especially considering they have very little playoff success as well.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How many more years you going to give this guy? 8 isn't enough???

He simply just can't do it. We don't need to suffer through 2, 3, 4 or however many more years you think he needs.
Well, if we are going to be totally fair about it, 8 was not enough for Peyton Manning.

After 8 years in the league, Peytons Manning's playoff record was 3-6.................he advanced past the Divisional round just 1 time in those 8 years and lost the AFCCG.

After 8 years in the league, Dak's playoff record is 2-5..............almost identical to Peyton's, not saying Dak is Peyton, just saying their playoff records are almost identical.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well, if we are going to be totally fair about it, 8 was not enough for Peyton Manning.

After 8 years in the league, Peytons Manning's playoff record was 3-6.................he advanced past the Divisional round just 1 time in those 8 years.
To be really fair Peyton's defenses won both SB's. He did not rise to the occasion it was the complete opposite of that. He played like crap in both wins and lost the other 2.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I love it when the give credit to a QB who wins the SB, despite the fact they played like crap and their defense completely carried them.
I suppose that despite those QB's being limited, they were paid next to nothing and when they did have to step up, they performed. Isnt this the very reason fans are opposed to Dak, his inability to perform when pressure's at the highest.....2 play-off games vrs SF, chances and ball in hand to win/tie both games, two failures.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I suppose that despite those QB's being limited, they were paid next to nothing and when they did have to step up, they performed. Isnt this the very reason fans are opposed to Dak, his inability to perform when pressure's at the highest.....2 play-off games vrs SF, chances and ball in hand to win/tie both games, two failures.
Well not in Peyton Mannings case. He was highly paid and lost twice and played like crap in both wins.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
In most games teams get like 1 possession a quarter.
and the choker got the ball back and did nothing like the other playoff games. I'd keep him and pay him more, because who are we going to get to beat up on bad teams and choke against good teams? scary isn't it?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Lets try and keep it simple, and dial it down.
If you don't recognize that Dak is totally washed by now, then I don't think there is any help for you as far as basic recognition skills at this point.
"I bet he didn't even play high school football. Tell him to find another team."

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
In most games teams get like 1 possession a quarter.
um after GB scored the choker got the ball back, what did he do with it when he got it back? so we didn't get the ball back after the 9 possessions. hum,,,,, I might have gotten up to take a leak, when the choker went 3 and out and missed our possessions. dang.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
To be really fair Peyton's defenses won both SB's. He did not rise to the occasion it was the complete opposite of that. He played like crap in both wins and lost the other 2.
But Manning did have, in his two SB winning play-off runs, a come from behind TD with under 4 mins remaining (NE - 2006, Pit-2015). Circumstances in which Dak doesn't just underperform but his whole body language screams 'I've no answers'.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But Manning did have, in his two SB winning play-off runs, a come from behind TD with under 4 mins remaining (NE - 2006, Pit-2015). Circumstances in which Dak doesn't just underperform but his whole body language screams 'I've no answers'.
Was that after his pick or his 3 fumbles?

Status
Not open for further replies.