Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
true, but outside of mahomes any QB needs to have parts in palce. Mahomes couldn't overcome the OL issues in superbowl against Tampa. scored 9 points. so he just can't expect them to do everything. but when parts are in place, a good QB will make things happen and win. if your defense gives up 250+ yards rushing, you probably have a fat chance of winning. with that said, this team, Dak, coaches, CD, Parsons, Lawrence, all of them CHOKED against GB. none of them were ready. they all sucked.
OK, Mahomes doesn't come through on every post season pressurised occasion however Dak, never does.

The fact the team underperformed doesn't justify throwing money at Dak, especially when the inability to perform in play-off pressure when trailing has hit Dak in each of the past 3 years.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Our QB situation hasn’t reached the point where we need to use a first round pick on a QB. Very few teams have even a decent track record of QB’s winning a Super Bowl. If you have a QB that’s capable of playing at an MVP level during the regular season and is getting you consistently to the playoffs you have to stay with them. The light could eventually come on, and they could win it all. If they’re not getting you to the playoffs consistently THEN you move on.
Don't ride a losing trade to zero.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This year has all the signs of a complete disaster.

1. 1st place schedule
2. AFC north
3. Drama all over the locker room
4. Lame duck HC
5. Pressure to preform after the playoff embarrassment.
6. Never a repeat division champ.
7. Dak’s extension causing even more friction.
8. Jerry being Jerry and selling false hope

8-9 sounds like the ceiling.
My god we have the AFCN next year? LOL Dak vs the Browns and Ravens defenses should be high entertainment. I'm placing the over/under for points scored by our offense at 25 combined for both games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So INTs don’t hurt the defense is what you’re saying? Extra possessions because your QB can’t protect the ball isn’t bad for the defense is what you’re saying?
when did I say that? never said that.

and you are back to.....Sky is blue, Dak likes blue, you are defending Dak. I like Horses, Dak wears cowboy hat, Dak like horses, you are defending Dak.

you just can't think logically. can you. you are stuck on the same track, like a needle stuck in a vinyl track. thats all you got. all the time. interesting to see the struggle

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
when did I say that? never said that.

and you are back to.....Sky is blue, Dak likes blue, you are defending Dak. I like Horses, Dak wears cowboy hat, Dak like horses, you are defending Dak.

you just can't think logically. can you. you are stuck on the same track, like a needle stuck in a vinyl track. thats all you got. all the time. interesting to see the struggle
You still not said that INTs hurt defenses.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OK, Mahomes doesn't come through on every post season pressurised occasion however Dak, never does.

The fact the team underperformed doesn't justify throwing money at Dak, especially when the inability to perform in play-off pressure when trailing has hit Dak in each of the past 3 years.
are you telling me Dak is not Mahomes. seriously...how could that be... really. when did this happen.

come on, its injustice to Mahomes to compare him to Dak. Dak is not mahomes. that's been established. Dak hasn't come through. never said he didn't.

and didn't say throw money at Dak. I see him as a problem. but more of a symptom of a bigger problem, which is an idiot GM. he cornered himself in the first negotiation. he has cornered himself again. he traded for Lance, without a plan. its just nuts that we have no direction on this team, seemingly making random moves.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CAN HE just reset the market for one year then become a FA next season??

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you sound happy with that. What does that contract look like?
It has nothing to do with being happy with it. It is the reality of the situation of having GM Jeruh.

He backed us into a corner. What can Jeruh do at this point. Is he going to sit Dak at $58M and play Trance???

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did he, or did he not orchestrate those two play-off comeback wins? The whole point is that in play-off runs, at some point, your QB has to stand up and take the team on his shoulders......Yes sometimes you win, sometimes you lose or sometimes, like Dak, you physically look as if you've capitulated.

I just dont get, how, if he hasnt done it all ready (with a moderate CAP HIT) giving him more of a CAP% improves the rest of the roster to help him from trailing in games.
Hmm. He lost 2 SB's and played like *** in the other 2 that his defense won. Sounds like a first round Hall of Famer!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
They wouldnt be laughing week 6 when dak is on the bench with no ext.
Getting paid $58M to sit and not risk any injury to then be on the open market to get a multiple year contract at $60M+, would be so depressing

What fantasy world do you live in?

shabazz

Reaction score
My god we have the AFCN next year? LOL Dak vs the Browns and Ravens defenses should be high entertainment. I'm placing the over/under for points scored by our offense at 25 combined for both games.
My wish would be that we face the AFC North the FIRST 4 games of the season.....let's find out what this team is really made of.

Playing the Giants, Jets and Patriots taught us NOTHING about our team......unless false hype is something

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...boys-at-60-million-highest-paid-ever-contract

Colleague Jordan Schultz is reporting that we should expect Dak to approach $60 million APY, a deal that would “re-set the market.”

You fail up in Dallas.
Hard fo me to root for a team that can't win in the playoffs yet has a few players making the majority of the cap.

I rather trade Dak and go with Trey Lance. We en't go anywhere with Dak, Lamb and Parsons making more than majority of the cap.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
and didn't say throw money at Dak. I see him as a problem. but more of a symptom of a bigger problem, which is an idiot GM. he cornered himself in the first negotiation. he has cornered himself again. he traded for Lance, without a plan. its just nuts that we have no direction on this team, seemingly making random moves.
He did have a plan for Lance, he's the forlorn attempt at having a bargaining chip.
So how much money DO we throw at Dak?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak had this to say in 2019:

"Nobody's wife makes as much money as his wife does either," Prescott said, via USA Today. "When Tom Brady isn't the breadwinner in the home, then that's a great problem to have. So in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it."

So Dak has to take every nickel he can get or he will be in the poor house because he doesn’t have a rich wife.
Prescott is such a Diva. He doesn't have a wife to take home bread to. So his complaint is unwarranted. He blows it on expensive cars and a football field.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Prescott is such a Diva. He doesn't have a wife to take home bread to. So his complaint is unwarranted. He blows it on expensive cars and a football field.
I guess Dak has to squeeze Jerry for every penny because he can’t find a women with a job.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Jordan Love gives you a chance too. So does Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, and Brock Purdy.

You don’t need to spend this kind of money to get where we get.

Dak runs the system well and is a great front runner.

If it’s a shootout in a big game he crumbles.

So the team has to be so good that we are always front running but somehow we have to build this epic team with limited resources due to our QB, soon to be WR, and soon to be DE making max deals.

LMAO.. SPOILER ALERT: More of the same incoming.
Perfectly said!! He needs an amazing team around him come playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.