Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
Because he is a super bowl winning QB.

Ours, not so much.

Mahomes makes plays in huge moments. That's exactly why he's worth it. It's the opposite over there. Even with a rough regular season by his standards, the level of play is raised in the postseason. Everyone there makes plays because the QB makes them. Since people like to talk about how he has a 7th round RB. The QB is a difference maker allowing his RB to be in a great situation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's become painfully obvious to me a long time ago that neither one of us is changing their mind in these arguments. I'm here purely for my own entertainment. So go back to not wasting your time. I won't notice.
Then stop initiating these discussions about Dak. I’ll just stop replying to them. If you want to waste your time taking exception to everything I say about him go ahead. :thumbup:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mahomes makes plays in huge moments. That's exactly why he's worth it. It's the opposite over there. Even with a rough regular season by his standards, the level of play is raised in the postseason. Everyone there makes plays because the QB makes them. Since people like to talk about how he has a 7th round RB. The QB is a difference maker allowing his RB to be in a great situation.
This

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Imagine thinking Dak and Mahomes are interchangeable and deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

All Quarterbacks look alike right who can tell the difference except for the name on the back of their jersey? LOL!
Their contracts will be mentioned in the same breath so better buckle up. :thumbup:There’s several QBs making more money than Dak that haven’t had great playoff success. Trevor Lawrence will be up for a huge contract soon would anyone pay him?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he did plenty of not stepping up
But he didn’t give up. It may have been a lot of garbage yards but he had over 400 of them with three TDs and he completed 41 passes. All Cowboys playoff records. If forced the Packers to have to reinsert their starters after taking them out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
exactly. the focus isn't on football. when some of the players have a pre-playoff party to get ready for playoffs and some of them planned for a playoff win party, that tells you the culture of the team. there is no need for celebration or parties for either case. parties happen after you win superbowl. it start with the owner. its all glitz. show. marketing. that's what all the players do and focus on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He’s the only one of the 5 highest paid QBs to win a SB.
I assume you are only counting the cap era. so probably Stafford, Eli, Peyton, Brees. the challenge is 5 of the last 7 have been brady and mahomes. the other two stafford and Foles. I think aaron rodgers also won when he had his second contract and pretty sure he was highly paid. Didn't Ben Rothlisberger also win one on his second contract?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you actually know what his annual salary is, his cap hit?
Its a very serious question for you...
His annual salary is $45M. His restructured contract makes him the second highest paid QB. Go look at QBs that are ahead of Dak. Would you rather have Justin Herbert, Kyler, Murray or Deshaun Watson?

“Mahomes' cap hit in 2024 is currently at $59.8 million, according to sources with access to the league's internal salary cap system. Feb 10, 2024”

https://sportsnaut.com/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl/amp/

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It’s not easy to build a Super Bowl winner with that many cap dollars tied up in one person. For nearly 30 years, the Cowboys haven’t been able to build a Super Bowl winner without that many cap dollars tied up in one person.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I assume you are only counting the cap era. so probably Stafford, Eli, Peyton, Brees. the challenge is 5 of the last 7 have been brady and mahomes. the other two stafford and Foles. I think aaron rodgers also won when he had his second contract and pretty sure he was highly paid. Didn't Ben Rothlisberger also win one on his second contract?
Yes, the cap era. Big Ben won a SB on his rookie deal his second season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
His annual salary is $45M. His restructured contract makes him the second highest paid QB. Go look at QBs that are ahead of Dak. Would you rather have Justin Herbert, Kyler, Murray or Deshaun Watson?

“Mahomes' cap hit in 2024 is currently at $59.8 million, according to sources with access to the league's internal salary cap system. Feb 10, 2024”

https://sportsnaut.com/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl/amp/
Look at the Term as well, KC was brilliant with that contract and expect Reid and Homey to win several more.
Glad its the AFC and not the NFC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Look at the Term as well, KC was brilliant with that contract and expect Reid and Homey to win several more.
Glad its the AFC and not the NFC.
However it cost them Tyreek Hill who they couldn’t afford. They would be even more dynamic with him. It’s a wonder their WR position did cost them this past season. KC led the league in drops and Toney cost them a game against Buffalo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
he got drafted in 2004, played in 2005 and 2008 and lost in 2009. was it all on his rookie deal?
Not all on his rookie deal but the discussion I was having centered on QBs who won SBs on their rookie deal.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then stop initiating these discussions about Dak. I’ll just stop replying to them. If you want to waste your time taking exception to everything I say about him
I will try but I can't promise I won't respond. I don't really pay much attention to who I'm responding to most times. Most of the time I see something posted I either agree or disagree with and post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.