Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AC and plagiarizing opinions off YouTube to pass for his own.

Name a more iconic duo.
I was actually caught off guard he was going to use youtube "lowlights" as his irrefutable evidence. But not surprised he thinks a couple people on this forum (allegedly) were able to have the vids removed.

I've thought for some time his behavior here is very childlike and immature and he further proved that case. Youtube? Really? And he wants so desperately to be taken seriously.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jordan Love gives you a chance too. So does Baker Mayfield, Jalen Hurts, and Brock Purdy.

You don’t need to spend this kind of money to get where we get.

Dak runs the system well and is a great front runner.

If it’s a shootout in a big game he crumbles.

So the team has to be so good that we are always front running but somehow we have to build this epic team with limited resources due to our QB, soon to be WR, and soon to be DE making max deals.

LMAO.. SPOILER ALERT: More of the same incoming.
Love’s Packers barely made the playoffs and would have finished 3rd in the NFC East. Mayfield has been kicked to the curb by three teams and wouldn’t have even made the playoffs if Tampa wasn’t in a crap division. You guys that keep talking him up as being just as good or better than Dak are being ridiculous. :rolleyes: He beat a Philly team that had completely fallen apart. You have no shot with him. Dak has gotten the Cowboys to the playoffs consistently with three straight 12 win seasons and came in second in the MVP voting. I still like our chances with him if the team would step up especially if the damn defense would ever perform at a high level.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
what do you have against trying to win a SB with a QB on a rookie deal, and using all those resources to build a team around him?
How many QB’s can you name that have won a Super Bowl on their rookie deal? There’s only been maybe 6-7 since the salary cap era began in 1994. The odds are long. Troy Aikman won a SB on his rookie deal but he had one of the all-time great teams around him and he didn’t have to put the ball up 40 times a game. He had the all-time leading rusher to hand the ball to. I like my chances a lot better with a battle tested QB who’s been around awhile and has paid their dues. I can’t see the Cowboys building a team/defense great enough to win a SB with a QB on their rookie deal. The Cowboys always have flaws that are exposed in postseason and they’re never playing their best football in January. They peak the first half of the season then begin to fade in Dec.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great, let's trade Dak to the Niners for Purdy, he deserves his Matt Stafford moment. I fully support this opportunity for him. :lmao:
They could win it all with him and I could only imagine the implosion on this board with him hoisting the Lombardi trophy while the Cowboys were sitting home for the playoffs with Purdy. He would have no chance with our defense and lack of running game.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They could win it all with him and I could only imagine the implosion on this board with him hoisting the Lombardi trophy while the Cowboys were sitting home for the playoffs with Purdy. He would have no chance with our defense and lack of running game.
Lol he would choke them out in the first round. That's why I'm in favor of it. If we can win with Dalton and Rush, we can win a lot more with Purdy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol he would choke them out in the first round. That's why I'm in favor of it. If we can win with Dalton and Rush, we can win a lot more with Purdy
It’s become painfully obvious you’re not a very astute football fan. We won with Shultz and Rush because our defense was looking like the 85 Bears and we had a running game. Shultz only had 9 catches for 80 yards in the 5 wins we had with Rush. Rush only had 4 TD passes in those wins. He won a game where he only passed for 100 yards because our defense was playing so great and we had a running game. Try opening your eyes! Purdy wouldn’t have near the success with the Cowboys he’s had with SF. The 49ers are a MUCH batter team and we found that out when they pasted us and made it to the SB. You’re becoming a waste of my time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Love’s Packers barely made the playoffs and would have finished 3rd in the NFC East. Mayfield has been kicked to the curb by three teams and wouldn’t have even made the playoffs if Tampa wasn’t in a crap division. You guys that keep talking him up as being just as good or better than Dak are being ridiculous. :rolleyes: He beat a Philly team that had completely fallen apart. You have no shot with him. Dak has gotten the Cowboys to the playoffs consistently with three straight 12 win seasons and came in second in the MVP voting. I still like our chances with him if the team would step up especially if the damn defense would ever perform at a high level.
It’s a team sport. Hard to win with Dak’s contract. Duh.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s a team sport. Hard to win with Dak’s contract. Duh.
It’s a team sport that needs a consistent QB to have a chance. The Chiefs are winning with Mahomes’ contract. The teams that have good QBs are paying them or will be paying them.

Redline360

Reaction score
endless talent like Gallup? or Steele? do you think Steele is a top OL talent? do you consider Biadasz top OL talent in NFL? seriously. I am not saying the cupboard is empty, but endless talent is just being way too dramatic.

and yes, Dak has come up short. no denying that. he has had enough talent to win. he hasn't. why? because he is not mahomes, or Burrows. he is what he is. he is limited as a QB. top 10? yes. but not good enough. no denying that.

Stafford is better than Dak. he was the top talented QB coming out in the draft and an almost no miss QB. #1 over all pick.

Romo sucked in playoffs too. he choked multiple times. so both Dak and Romo are not much different. which suckee do you perfer over the other is a personal choice. results were the same. you can't deny Romo choked against Giants in playoffs having #1 seed, playing at home. scoring 17 points. but people who favor romo make excuses.

the problem is our wonderful, brilliant, once in a couple of generation GM hasn't been able to put a winning product on the field.
Dak has had a top 10 OL in front of him his entire career. Earlier in his career easily top 3. To single out certain players is a useless argument when the OL in general around the league is pretty bad. Some teams hard pressed to find quality starters let alone back ups. So yes Dak has had a cadillac of an offensive line compared to most which can't be denied.

Romo and the chocker label is driven by media talking heads and mouth breathers for click bate. Did he have some head scratching moments? Yes but during his time he was one of the premier 4th quarter quarterbacks.

Seattle ooof

Vikings the entire team was trash

Giants we should have easily coasted to an easy win by two scores. Crayton left 2 tds on the board and argurably 70+ yards. He single handily lost us that game. Also the giants Defense was elite that year in the playoffs. We also had another passed dropped in the redzone that game.

Packers game he damn near had a 140+ qbr and we just happened to have one of the worst calls ever in a playoff game dash our hopes away. Don't worry I'f that was Dak I would say the same thing and he played great.

So yes in the playoffs Romo was vastly superior. Has nothing to do with me favoring Romo. He was simply a superior quarterback by far

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
he did plenty of not stepping up

Jayinem

Reaction score
It’s a team sport that needs a consistent QB to have a chance. The Chiefs are winning with Mahomes’ contract. The teams that have good QBs are paying them or will be paying them.
Imagine thinking Dak and Mahomes are interchangeable and deserve to be mentioned in the same breath.

All Quarterbacks look alike right who can tell the difference except for the name on the back of their jersey? LOL!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s become painfully obvious you’re not a very astute football fan. We won with Shultz and Rush because our defense was looking like the 85 Bears and we had a running game. Shultz only had 9 catches for 80 yards in the 5 wins we had with Rush. Rush only had 4 TD passes in those wins. He won a game where he only passed for 100 yards because our defense was playing so great and we had a running game. Try opening your eyes! Purdy wouldn’t have near the success with the Cowboys he’s had with SF. The 49ers are a MUCH batter team and we found that out when they pasted us and made it to the SB. You’re becoming a waste of my time.
It's become painfully obvious to me a long time ago that neither one of us is changing their mind in these arguments. I'm here purely for my own entertainment. So go back to not wasting your time. I won't notice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He did have a plan for Lance, he's the forlorn attempt at having a bargaining chip.
So how much money DO we throw at Dak?
if Jerry think Lance is a bargaining chip, then he is stupider than he looks. Dak's agent is laughing at him. how is lance a bargaining chip? Lance was 3rd stringer in SF, after they paid a ransom to go get him. they didn't like him so much that they signed another bust to be the back up. THEY DIDN"T TRUST HIM WITH BACK UP DUTIES. then they traded him to cowboys for a 4th round pick after two years. meaning, they didn't even want to deal with him.

how is that a bargaining chip. if you think this is a barganing chip, I like to negotiate against you. I would love to negotiate against you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has had a top 10 OL in front of him his entire career. Earlier in his career easily top 3. To single out certain players is a useless argument when the OL in general around the league is pretty bad. Some teams hard pressed to find quality starters let alone back ups. So yes Dak has had a cadillac of an offensive line compared to most which can't be denied.

Romo and the chocker label is driven by media talking heads and mouth breathers for click bate. Did he have some head scratching moments? Yes but during his time he was one of the premier 4th quarter quarterbacks.

Seattle ooof

Vikings the entire team was trash

Giants we should have easily coasted to an easy win by two scores. Crayton left 2 tds on the board and argurably 70+ yards. He single handily lost us that game. Also the giants Defense was elite that year in the playoffs. We also had another passed dropped in the redzone that game.

Packers game he damn near had a 140+ qbr and we just happened to have one of the worst calls ever in a playoff game dash our hopes away. Don't worry I'f that was Dak I would say the same thing and he played great.

So yes in the playoffs Romo was vastly superior. Has nothing to do with me favoring Romo. He was simply a superior quarterback by far
Romo choked. he had plenty of good OLs and resources. HOF players on his side of the ball. he failed misreably in the playoffs. if not for a lucky call would have lost to detroit at home. everybody brags about come back. my question is why were we in the hole we were in to begin with? what happened in the first 3 quarters!!!! don't forget, Dak in his first few years was king of comeback too.

and its interesting that you just went on a list of excuses on why we lost those games and its not Romo's fault, but hey all playoff losses after that are Dak's fault.

and the bottom line is wins in the playoffs. Romo couldn't accomplish it. I can list excuses for Dak too. but it doesn't matter. end result.

he was not a superior QB. he was a vastly popular QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You still not said that INTs hurt defenses.
? what are you driving at.

Does interceptions hurt? yes. does it hurt defense? depends. it hurts scoring if you throw an interception inside the redzone of the opponent. so not all interceptions have equal impact. but I know, this doesn't fit your agenda or argument and its probably above your football intellect. so I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

but does interceptions cause the defense to go from giving up 13.5 points a game to over 24? no. explain that?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
? what are you driving at.

Does interceptions hurt? yes. does it hurt defense? depends. it hurts scoring if you throw an interception inside the redzone of the opponent. so not all interceptions have equal impact. but I know, this doesn't fit your agenda or argument and its probably above your football intellect. so I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

but does interceptions cause the defense to go from giving up 13.5 points a game to over 24? no. explain that?
So you don’t believe Rush protecting the ball and not putting the defense in bad position helped keep those PPG given up low? And Dak throwing INTs and putting more pressure on the defense didn’t cause it to go up?

Dak’s reckless pay is the only explanation for the increase.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
if Jerry think Lance is a bargaining chip, then he is stupider than he looks. Dak's agent is laughing at him. how is lance a bargaining chip? Lance was 3rd stringer in SF, after they paid a ransom to go get him. they didn't like him so much that they signed another bust to be the back up. THEY DIDN"T TRUST HIM WITH BACK UP DUTIES. then they traded him to cowboys for a 4th round pick after two years. meaning, they didn't even want to deal with him.

how is that a bargaining chip. if you think this is a barganing chip, I like to negotiate against you. I would love to negotiate against you.
You think that when SF drafted Lance that Purdy would be the more intelligent of the two?.
SF found out quickly that they were going with the more cerebral of the two and off-loaded Lance to the highest bidder.
We love reclamation projects, maybe Lance can pay off some day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you don’t believe Rush protecting the ball and not putting the defense in bad position helped keep those PPG given up low? And Dak throwing INTs and putting more pressure on the defense didn’t cause it to go up?

Dak’s reckless pay is the only explanation for the increase.
down to 13.5 points per game? no. was he responsible for an all time type low scoring defense. NO.
in your simple view you want to make it about interceptions. but completely dismiss Rush led a 22nd ranked offense in almost every statistical category.....

also don't forget the defense scored a couple of times during his 5 games. did not throwing interctions contribute to the defense scoring?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hard fo me to root for a team that can't win in the playoffs yet has a few players making the majority of the cap.

I rather trade Dak and go with Trey Lance. We en't go anywhere with Dak, Lamb and Parsons making more than majority of the cap.
There is a major problem with that, and it will not happen of course, so the only scenario possible is for Jerry to convince France and Dak that the Cowboys are willing to eat his dead cap and bench him and force a trade, but we all know that will never happen, so it is what is.
Dak is soon to be rewarded a major market resetting extension, the biggest joker in this situation is the Dallas Cowboys Front Office.
Jerry figures out a way to constantly paint himself into the corner while SJ waits for the paint to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.