Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's some stellar QB action right there.
We couldn’t run the ball. We had some OL issues, and the defense sucked in those games. The lowly Cardinals with Joshua Dobbs road graded for over 200 yards on the ground. We couldn’t function offensively or defensively when we got behind by seven or more. We were either blowing teams out or getting blown out. I knew after the losses to the Cardinals and 49ers we weren’t going to get far. I truly believe no QB could win a championship with this team.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Just curious and I know for half you it will be hard to imagine or you will care less.

However, if you were Dak(franchise QB) and Dallas traded away a 4th round pick for a QB, with out even explaining anything to you. How would that make you feel?

This is what started the problem with GB and Rodgers. Not just because they drafted Love, but because they were not man enough to have the conversation with him up front.

Imagine your working your his *** off to try and when GB a SB and they turn around and use a #1 pick for a QB who will not play for 4 years. When Rodgers could have used an impact player immediately to help move the team forward. I get it, it is just business and a good investment for the future.

However it breaks trust with your franchise QB. Trust is a big thing.

What if we decide to draft a DE pass rusher in round 1 this year and give no indication to Micah about it. After he just sat down and shared his wish list of what he needs for help. Then factor in we choose to wait another year to extend Micah's contract. How do you think he would feel about that?

I know it is a business and just a business decision, nothing to take personal. When players work their *** off, give blood, sweat and tears - break bones and have surgeries, it is more than just a business to them. Much easier for an Owner/GM to say it is just Business.

In addition a QB is the leader of the team, and is supposed to act a certain way - to be an extension of the Coaching staff, Owner,
Organization, etc.

After this would you be willing to give your Owner/GM some kind of discount, after your feel like you have just been betrayed?

Franchise QB's think and believe they are not just a player, they believe they have a voice( Micah clearly thinks he has one) that they are in it together not just with the players and coaches, but with the GM and Owner as well. Until you realize you are not.

Rodgers clearly understood and received the message loud and clear. Dak and his agent clearly understood and received the message from GM Jeruh. So I would not expect anything different than Dak to try and get every $ that he can.

Sad part is how we broke trust, it was not with a well planned out approach with a 1st round pick that we could develop over time for a smooth transition. It was with a player(tremendous amount of potential) that has zero experience, played at a lower level in college, and the team that fell in love with him gave up on him and he has been sitting for basically 4 years.

Now we are in a position, where we would love for Dak to give us some kind of discount, but we have lost his trust, and more importantly are not even close to being in the position GB was to move on, never mind receiving draft picks in return.

GM Jeruh is an absolute disgrace and this situation is most likely going to end up looking like something reminiscent of the last 28 years.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah, blah, we have seen enough of the choker. Rush, a very cerebral QB with a limited arm won 5 games with the team, so what's so special about the choker? oh, his fist bumps in the huddle and his pouting with fear sweat rolling off his head when he's choking. yep, I love seeing him sitting on the bench by himself hoping some guy would come by and let him lead the team to victory while he's in total fear. yep, it would be hard to replace that. I wish we had wasted more years with Garrett, it was the same thing. No difference. "who could we get to keep us average?"

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We couldn’t run the ball. We had some OL issues, and the defense sucked in those games. The lowly Cardinals with Joshua Dobbs road graded for over 200 yards on the ground. We couldn’t function offensively or defensively when we got behind by seven or more. We were either blowing teams out or getting blown out. I knew after the losses to the Cardinals and 49ers we weren’t going to get far. I truly believe no QB could win a championship with this team.
Taking your last point first.....if this isnt a championship winning team with Dak on a 11.7% Cap Hit, then how does it dramatically become one with us doubling the Hit.
Secondly, if your Offense cant claw back a 7-0 deficit then indications are that the player that touches the ball on every down is central in the problems. We can blame it on a lack of running game, but that would suggest that there were chances in the secondary......that Jimmie Ward comment is coming back, about stopping the run and seeing whether Dak can step up.

Swagger

Reaction score
Just curious and I know for half you it will be hard to imagine or you will care less.

However, if you were Dak(franchise QB) and Dallas traded away a 4th round pick for a QB, with out even explaining anything to you. How would that make you feel?

This is what started the problem with GB and Rodgers. Not just because they drafted Love, but because they were not man enough to have the conversation with him up front.

Imagine your working your his *** off to try and when GB a SB and they turn around and use a #1 pick for a QB who will not play for 4 years. When Rodgers could have used an impact player immediately to help move the team forward. I get it, it is just business and a good investment for the future.

However it breaks trust with your franchise QB. Trust is a big thing.

What if we decide to draft a DE pass rusher in round 1 this year and give no indication to Micah about it. After he just sat down and shared his wish list of what he needs for help. Then factor in we choose to wait another year to extend Micah's contract. How do you think he would feel about that?

I know it is a business and just a business decision, nothing to take personal. When players work their *** off, give blood, sweat and tears - break bones and have surgeries, it is more than just a business to them. Much easier for an Owner/GM to say it is just Business.

In addition a QB is the leader of the team, and is supposed to act a certain way - to be an extension of the Coaching staff, Owner,
Organization, etc.

After this would you be willing to give your Owner/GM some kind of discount, after your feel like you have just been betrayed?

Franchise QB's think and believe they are not just a player, they believe they have a voice( Micah clearly thinks he has one) that they are in it together not just with the players and coaches, but with the GM and Owner as well. Until you realize you are not.

Rodgers clearly understood and received the message loud and clear. Dak and his agent clearly understood and received the message from GM Jeruh. So I would not expect anything different than Dak to try and get every $ that he can.

Sad part is how we broke trust, it was not with a well planned out approach with a 1st round pick that we could develop over time for a smooth transition. It was with a player(tremendous amount of potential) that has zero experience, played at a lower level in college, and the team that fell in love with him gave up on him and he has been sitting for basically 4 years.

Now we are in a position, where we would love for Dak to give us some kind of discount, but we have lost his trust, and more importantly are not even close to being in the position GB was to move on, never mind receiving draft picks in return.

GM Jeruh is an absolute disgrace and this situation is most likely going to end up looking like something reminiscent of the last 28 years.
Aaron Rodgers is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Prescott is a bum in comparison. I wouldn't compare the treatment of those two. Alex Smith at the Chiefs (Mahomes drafted as his replacement) and Andy Dalton at the Bengals (Joe Burrow drafted as his replacement) would be more appropriate examples of limited quarterbacks like Prescott who would never win a Superbowl correctly replaced with quarterbacks that could.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak has had a top 10 OL in front of him his entire career. Earlier in his career easily top 3. To single out certain players is a useless argument when the OL in general around the league is pretty bad. Some teams hard pressed to find quality starters let alone back ups. So yes Dak has had a cadillac of an offensive line compared to most which can't be denied.

Romo and the chocker label is driven by media talking heads and mouth breathers for click bate. Did he have some head scratching moments? Yes but during his time he was one of the premier 4th quarter quarterbacks.

Seattle ooof

Vikings the entire team was trash

Giants we should have easily coasted to an easy win by two scores. Crayton left 2 tds on the board and argurably 70+ yards. He single handily lost us that game. Also the giants Defense was elite that year in the playoffs. We also had another passed dropped in the redzone that game.

Packers game he damn near had a 140+ qbr and we just happened to have one of the worst calls ever in a playoff game dash our hopes away. Don't worry I'f that was Dak I would say the same thing and he played great.

So yes in the playoffs Romo was vastly superior. Has nothing to do with me favoring Romo. He was simply a superior quarterback by far
Excellent post and obvious to anyone who understood football and judges a QB purely on that basis.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
And the dude won a SB. Teams move on from QBs all of the time, yet Dallas is terrified to move on from a guy who can’t beat good teams and is like a deer in headlights during the playoffs. Instead they’re good with participation trophies so hand out another big contract.

The guy has never had to face any competition at all for his spot, didn’t even let the old dude compete after injury, we know why. He’s been protected and coddled.
You nailed it in two short paragraphs. Well done.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Prescott is a bum in comparison. I wouldn't compare the treatment of those two. Alex Smith at the Chiefs (Mahomes drafted as his replacement) and Andy Dalton at the Bengals (Joe Burrow drafted as his replacement) would be more appropriate examples of limited quarterbacks like Prescott who would never win a Superbowl correctly replaced with quarterbacks that could.
But we did not draft a replacement.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Since you love stats...32nd ranked pass defense schedule, as in, he faced the absolute worst pass defenses in the entire league this year. It's all a coincidence though, he's really just so good that he turned them all into bad defenses :muttley:
stop using stats …. it only applies when we want to use them to prop Thad’s brother up when he is “ tearing up the Panthers”

Sandyf

Reaction score
I think the Zone should create a whole other category for the board for we fans. We have news, draft, etc. So create a Dak one where you only post about Dak and it can't be on the Fan Zone. Since it appears we will have Dak 5 more years.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the dude won a SB. Teams move on from QBs all of the time, yet Dallas is terrified to move on from a guy who can’t beat good teams and is like a deer in headlights during the playoffs. Instead they’re good with participation trophies so hand out another big contract.

The guy has never had to face any competition at all for his spot, didn’t even let the old dude compete after injury, we know why. He’s been protected and coddled.
:clap:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That wasn’t happening this season. When teams jumped on us 7-0 we got blown out. We were only good playing with a lead.
looooooooooool why does it seem like that? We start off as you said, and it's like game over!!!!! Then you see a certain person on the sideline looking like "man is this really happening to us, I never saw this coming!'

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
It's the same guy with or without a lead. Getting all wide eyed, jacked up and spastic because you are behind is not a quality of a good QB.
3 2/3 quarters to go and you fall apart because you don't have a lead? And you excuse that?

Status
Not open for further replies.