Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Three straight 12-5 seasons with two division titles and coming in second in the MVP voting <<<< Proven history in the playoffs.

Just one reason to move on from him.
I’ll keep asking you, move on to who? If you can come up with a better QB we can replace him with I’ll be on board with you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But he didn’t give up. It may have been a lot of garbage yards but he had over 400 of them with three TDs and he completed 41 passes. All Cowboys playoff records. If forced the Packers to have to reinsert their starters after taking them out.
And then he lost by 3 scores anyway

Jayinem

Reaction score
I had forgotten this about the last negotiations. Dak turned down a contract that would tie him for the highest paid QB in the league. Will he turn down 50 this time because he wants 60? Or even more? Will Jerry have a price point that he'll say no to? Dak needs his toilets made of gold.

Being tied for the highest-paid player in NFL history isn’t enough for Dak Prescott.

He wants more.

Prescott, who’s won one playoff game in his four NFL seasons, has turned down a historic contract offer from the Cowboys worth $175 million over five years.

That’s according to former NFL quarterback Chris Simms of Mornings of NBC Sports and host of Pro Football Talk Live during an appearance on Dallas radio station 105.3 KRLD-FM.

Simms said Prescott turned down a deal that would have been worth an average of $35 million per year, which would match Russell Wilson’s average or $35 million per year signed a year ago.

I know from some people who are in the know that he’s been offered five years, $175 million,” Simms said. “He wants a four-year deal. If they do agree to the five-year deal they would like a really big number at the end of that fifth year to kind of cover their butts for what the market might be at the position five years from now and I’ve heard he’s asking for somewhere north of $45 million in that fifth year and again I just want to say take the $35 million a year, you’re the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, your life is not going to be that much different if you have $175 million in the bank as compared as $185 million. In fact, it’s not going to be different at all. Unless you’re looking to make gold-plated bathroom toilets or something like that. I do think he’s worth it, he’s a franchise quarterback in my opinion, and he has a lot of the intangibles that make you feel that way as long as what he does on the field.
Prescott and the Cowboys have been trying to agree on terms of a long-term deal, but for now the Cowboys used their franchise tag, which would pay him $31.4 million for 2020.

Jayinem

Reaction score
This quote from 2019 turned out to be wrong. He expects to be paid like he did win the Super Bowl despite not getting near one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't care. I said it before. Draft someone. Paying north of $50M for Dak is beyond stupid.
If you move on from Dak and you draft someone and they don’t pan out you could be screwed for years. We’ve been through this. :rolleyes:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This quote from 2019 turned out to be wrong. He expects to be paid like he did win the Super Bowl despite not getting near one.

OMG, the gimp will take less money...............were screwed!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s a team sport that needs a consistent QB to have a chance. The Chiefs are winning with Mahomes’ contract. The teams that have good QBs are paying them or will be paying them.
The fact you mentioned Mahomes as a reason why Dak can do it should give everyone the clue to not take you serious in these conversations.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’ll keep asking you, move on to who? If you can come up with a better QB we can replace him with I’ll be on board with you.
We can win regular season games with Cooper Rush.

That’s proven.

We can do A LOT better than Cooper Rush.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
When your defense gives up 41 points in less than 4 quarters that’s what happens. We didn’t have a single sack in that game.
When your offense stays on the field, they other team's offense stays off the field and the team doesn't score, .................well, unless you throw them a pick six and another pick that puts them in easy scoring position.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know this was not directed at me, but I will answer anyways.

There is nobody available that we can get that would be a clear upgrade over Dak, that is just the honest truth.

Lance is a complete unknown, we are drafting too low to get a blue chipper so any QB drafted is an unknown, Rush is good for a few games here and there but I think everybody realizes he is not a franchise QB and odds of him finishing #2 in the MVP vote is almost non-existent. Free agents include Grappalo who just failed a PED test, you got Baker Mayfield, Kurt Cousins, Ryan Tannehill, and some other journeyman QBs like that. Again, not a single one a proven upgrade over Dak.

So, that is the bottom line, there is currently nobody the team can get that is a proven upgrade over Dak, but the QB might be worse than Dak. That is a real possibility. Do you want to be the Tennessee Titans and win 5 games a year? That is a real possibility if we move on from Dak and guess wrong on his replacement. Jerry literally said, "I dont have time to have a bad time". That is him telling you he is not going to blow the team up and start over, so Dak is going nowhere. I dont neccessarily agree with this course of action (I have my doubts about Dak), but I can read the writing on the wall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When your offense stays on the field, they other team's offense stays off the field and the team doesn't score, .................well, unless you throw them a pick six and another pick that puts them in easy scoring position.
We were down by seven points before our offense ever got on the field. We were never going to stop them. You can’t keep their offense off the field the entire game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Define screwed?

We’re screwed as is unless your Super Bowl is good regular seasons.
Screwed is winning 5 to 8 games every year. Making the playoffs every season isn’t being screwed. We just need to figure it out in the playoffs because during the regular season we’re a very good team and our QB is very good. His numbers and winning percentage don’t lie. For whatever reason our regular seasons aren’t translating to postseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fact you mentioned Mahomes as a reason why Dak can do it should give everyone the clue to not take you serious in these conversations.
I never said because Mahomes can do it, Dak can do it. Don’t know where you got that. :rolleyes: I said if Matt Stafford can do it so can Dak if you give him a good enough team like Stafford had. You need to work on your comprehension skills. :thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We can win regular season games with Cooper Rush.

That’s proven.

We can do A LOT better than Cooper Rush.
We can win games with Cooper Rush when our defense is playing at an elite level and we have a running game where he doesn’t have to do much. That’s been proven. When he has to do too much, he’s exposed. That’s also been proven. We never gave up more than 17 points in the wins we had with Cooper Rush. We would never go anywhere with him. As soon as Dak returned to the lineup, we became the highest scoring offense in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.