Dak Prescott is top 10 in at NFL history in completion %, TD/INT ratio & passer rating

kumizi

Reaction score
All these numbers are much higher for modern QBs than in the past. They don’t mean anything. Compare him to his contemporaries.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not trashing him i've said time and time again I was a Romo fan just like everyone else. I thought we all had a understanding that Romo was a good but not great quarterback who didn't perform at a high level in the playoffs.....so how on earth did we in 2023 get to the point of knocking Aikman. We shouldn't even be comparing Romo to Aikman...hell not even Danny White lol.
They have very similar stats....in fact romo has many better.
Ofcourse aikman has playoff edge. He also had better teams and coaches.

I dont believe in trashing one player to prop another. In fact....i dont like trashing players period. I think the only one i outright and proudly trashed eas jaylon smith.:)

Nav22

Reaction score
Team game.

6 playoff games. Only 2 bad ones for Dak. Unfortunately, those 2 were his last two playoff games, both being losses.

The ankle injury and the big contract have reduced him as a run threat.

When people try to sell a 29 year old QB on his *career* stats, you can guess that recent history hasn't been that glorious.
So the Bucs playoff win is just erased from your memory and from history?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
He played well that game… But they were easily the weakest of the 14 playoff teams… they were just the tallest midget of the NFC South
Bucs offense was trash.

Their defense was ranked 7th in the NFL, and Dak completely shredded them on the road.

That doesn't fit the anti-Dak agenda though, so let's just conveniently ignore that game altogether!

And if we MUST acknowledge it, focus on the Bucs' poor record and NOT their defense!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Bucs offense was trash.

Their defense was ranked 7th in the NFL, and Dak completely shredded them on the road.

That doesn't fit the anti-Dak agenda though, so let's just conveniently ignore that game altogether!

And if we MUST acknowledge it, focus on the Bucs' poor record and NOT their defense!!
Bucs D ranked 13th in the only stat that matters.

Nav22

Reaction score
Which you won't even name, because you know it's not a great stat for truly judging a defense's worth and I'll easily poke holes in it.

7th in defensive efficiency. Hell, even 13th paints a vastly different picture than the one YOU tried to paint.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Which you won't even name, because you know it's not a great stat for truly judging a defense's worth and I'll easily poke holes in it.

7th in defensive efficiency. Hell, even 13th paints a vastly different picture than the one YOU tried to paint.
It is points allowed… I felt it so painfully obvious that I did not need to mention it. And 13th is worse than 7th. If you do not think that they were the worst playoff team last year, please give me a team that was worse.

I’m not even sure why this is a discussion. It was almost universally agreed-upon that they were the worst playoff team last year. But yeah, Dak played great in that game.

Nav22

Reaction score
It is points allowed… I felt it so painfully obvious that I did not need to mention it. And 13th is worse than 7th. If you do not think that they were the worst playoff team last year, please give me a team that was better.

I’m not even sure why this is a discussion. It was almost universally agreed-upon that they were the worst playoff team last year. But yeah, Dak played great in that game.
Thanks for confirming your idiotic take.

Defensive efficiency is a measure of a DEFENSE'S performance.

Points allowed measures the ENTIRE TEAM'S performance, since anyone with a brain knows that a crappy offense/special teams contributes to points allowed as well.

And I love that you can't even stick to a metric. Did Dak play against the entire team or just the Bucs DEFENSE?

Why do you keep harping on the Bucs' record and not the DEFENSE Dak faced, since we're talking about DAK'S playoff performance?

EVEN IF you want to stick with "points allowed", 13th wasn't even close to the worst among the playoff teams. So why do you keep talking about how bad the Bucs were when their DEFENSE wasn't bad at all?????

I know why and so do you. Might be best to sit this one out, Little Philly Brother. You'll only look more and more stupid trying to argue against logic and basic common sense.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming your idiotic take.

Defensive efficiency is a measure of a DEFENSE'S performance.

Points allowed measures the ENTIRE TEAM'S performance, since anyone with a brain knows that a crappy offense/special teams contributes to points allowed as well.

And I love that you can't even stick to a metric. Did Dak play against the entire team or just the Bucs DEFENSE?

Why do you keep harping on the Bucs' record and not the DEFENSE Dak faced, since we're talking about DAK'S playoff performance?

EVEN IF you want to stick with "points allowed", 13th wasn't even close to the worst among the playoff teams. So why do you keep talking about how bad the Bucs were when their DEFENSE wasn't bad at all?????

I know why and so do you. Might be best to sit this one out, Little Philly Brother. You'll only look more and more stupid trying to argue against logic and basic common sense.
Oh whatever - cling to whatever you wish to cling to....whatever helps you. 95% of football fans watching last year knew that the Buc sucked, but someone had to come out of that division. You can use whatever "metric" you want - but most people see right through that and know a crap team when they see one. God you must be desperate. I already said Dak played great in that game.

I'll leave you with a final note...use more emojis. I don't think you've reached your quota just yet

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where did i say roger and troy never made mistakes?

Never. Ever. Mkay? Now do you see why im not reading tbat inane rant(s)? You are ranting at something i never...ever said or suggested.
It simply proves that it takes a strong team for them to win as well they were not special if you think Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman has a bigger gap on Tony Romo and Prescott you haven't been paying attention and also if you think somehow Tony Romo has some big gap between he and Prescott you're severely mistaken this is about the teams that they were on it's about the coaching Staffs that they played with,,.. You're saying that's the only way the Cowboys can win is that Prescott limits his mistakes I'm saying look at the list it doesn't look like Roger Danny or choy limited their mistakes in the playoffs not in the big games I'm trying to make that point their teams were simply better the Cowboys team needs to get better to beat the better teams when they get deeper in the playoffs or they need to get lucky like the Eagles did the the face the giants and they hobbled 49er team..

That's what I'm saying stop the nonsense of saying that Prescott needs to limit his mistakes in order for us to win a Super Bowl and if not it's his fault whenever you look around and look at all the other quarterbacks in Cowboys history did not limit their mistakes and yet they still won!!

That's the key we need a stronger team we need stronger coaching and it's not because of Prescott that's how you win championships that's how the Rams overcame the 20 turnovers that Matthew Stafford had what I'm telling you stop saying that needs to play better when he will play better if his team plays better around him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Time adjusted QB ratings
All-time leaders...top 25 (fwiw...Dak and Cousins are tied at 31...so not bad even when corrected)

1. Otto Graham--HOF
  2. Steve Young--HOF
  3. Joe Montana--HOF
  4. Len Dawson--HOF
  5. Sonny Jorgenson--HOF
  6. Aaron Rodgers--future HOF
  7. Roger Staubach--HOF
  8. Patrick Mahomes--probable HOF
  9. Bart Starr--HOF
  10. Fran Tarkenton--HOF
  11. Ken Anderson
  12. Kurt Warner--HOF
  13. Drew Brees--future HOF
  14. Joe Burrow..but not enough starts?
  15. Peyton Manning--HOF
  16. Tony Romo
  17. John Unitas--HOF
  18. Tom Brady--future HOF
  19. Dan Fouts--HOF
  20. Bert Jones
  21. Deshaun Watson...not enough starts?
  22. Russell Wilson--future HOF?
  23. Dan Marino--HOF
  24. Danny White
  25. Bob Greise--HOF
you didn't post their quarterback ratings

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not trashing him i've said time and time again I was a Romo fan just like everyone else. I thought we all had a understanding that Romo was a good but not great quarterback who didn't perform at a high level in the playoffs.....so how on earth did we in 2023 get to the point of knocking Aikman. We shouldn't even be comparing Romo to Aikman...hell not even Danny White lol.
Because ROmo has the QB stats to compete with them that's why.

Did he get the wins?

Is it a team game...or not? Does Romo get HIS chance to make critical mistake YOU say Roger and Troy also made?

Troy had a juggernaut team after his first year. And a brilliant coach. Maybe that explains SOME of the playoff success.

And I ain't gonna kid ya....Troy was a a solid...legit HoF QB that managed the game...a true leader that would even chew out a coach. All the while getting his ax bashed. A true 1st round pedigree QB.

Meanwhile Romo was walk on...and did good enough to be mentioned in the same breath....not BETTER...not at the expense of trashing Tory or Danny. Maky? Good.

Stop moving the goal posts. It clutters the board and makes it hard to converse.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It simply proves that it takes a strong team for them to win as well they were not special if you think Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman has a bigger gap on Tony Romo and Prescott you haven't been paying attention and also if you think somehow Tony Romo has some big gap between he and Prescott you're severely mistaken this is about the teams that they were on it's about the coaching Staffs that they played with,,.. You're saying that's the only way the Cowboys can win is that Prescott limits his mistakes I'm saying look at the list it doesn't look like Roger Danny or choy limited their mistakes in the playoffs not in the big games I'm trying to make that point their teams were simply better the Cowboys team needs to get better to beat the better teams when they get deeper in the playoffs or they need to get lucky like the Eagles did the the face the giants and they hobbled 49er team..

That's what I'm saying stop the nonsense of saying that Prescott needs to limit his mistakes in order for us to win a Super Bowl and if not it's his fault whenever you look around and look at all the other quarterbacks in Cowboys history did not limit their mistakes and yet they still won!!

That's the key we need a stronger team we need stronger coaching and it's not because of Prescott that's how you win championships that's how the Rams overcame the 20 turnovers that Matthew Stafford had what I'm telling you stop saying that needs to play better when he will play better if his team plays better around him..
Everyone...for the record...I said "TRY" to limit critical mistakes. Here is what I said:
I'm going to take this opportunity..to ONCE AGAIN...state...for the people that incessantly bash me for being a "dak hater"....and i have said hits MANY times...

Dak is good enough for us to go to and win a super bowl. He does...like any other QB....need a team around him of course. He does need to play well and try to avoid critical ill-timed mistakes.

The Ultra Dak Crusaders will...conveniently...not see this reply.
How this is so offensive and unreasonable I will never know. I think it's because these guys do a LOT of Ultra Dak Crusading and they lose their minds. Can;t think straight and they make up stuff so they can argue and CRUSDAE!

I would pose this is the very thing that helps even average QB's win super bowls.

"LIKE ANY OTHER QB"! I said!

And I told you even before they did it they would do this.

And *I* am the weirdo?

Okay maybe...but this bashing me for ...actually...SUPPORTING and encouraging Dak....is fd up. Weirdos.

Nav22

Reaction score
Oh whatever - cling to whatever you wish to cling to....whatever helps you. 95% of football fans watching last year knew that the Buc sucked, but someone had to come out of that division. You can use whatever "metric" you want - but most people see right through that and know a crap team when they see one. God you must be desperate. I already said Dak played great in that game.

I'll leave you with a final note...use more emojis. I don't think you've reached your quota just yet
LOLLLLLL!!!

YOU brought up "13th in points allowed" but now we can't even use that?????

We have to pretend Dak faced the Bucs' woeful offense and special teams too??????

I'd also shut my fat mouth if I were you at this point. Good decision, Little Philly Bro.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

mcmvp

Reaction score
YOU brought up "13th in points allowed" but now we can't even use that?????

We have to pretend Dak faced the Bucs' woeful offense and special teams too??????

I'd also shut my fat mouth if I were you at this point. Good decision, Little Philly Bro.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
What the heck are you talking about? That’s the only stat I believe you should use. Where did you get from me that I said we should not even use that? Are you reading a different forum than I am?

They were 13th in that…there are 32 teams in the league. That is not a great defense.

But with respect to Bobhaze, I will agree to disagree with you. It is simply not worth my time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Only if you're assessing the team. When assessing a D, yds allowed is much more accurate. Pts allowed doesn't take into account things such as FP, TO's, ST's, type of O, things such as that.

kskboys

Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about? That’s the only stat I believe you should use. Where did you get from me that I said we should not even use that? Are you reading a different forum than I am?

They were 13th in that…there are 32 teams in the league. That is not a great defense.

But with respect to Bobhaze, I will agree to disagree with you. It is simply not worth my time.
Then what do you do w/ the pts that the D didn't allow?

Nav22

Reaction score

LOL, you're struggling.

When I said "even if we just use points allowed," your rebuttal was "DURRR USE WHATEVER METRIC YOU WANT, 95% OF FANS KNOW THE BUCS SUCKED!"

"13th in points allowed" ranks 4th out of the 7 NFC playoff teams, Bozo. So even if we stuck with that STUPID metric for ranking a defense, you'd still be DEAD WRONG.

The Giants were 18th in that metric, by the way, and that was your only impressive playoff win last year. Oops!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Why do you keep talking about the Bucs as a whole ("worst team in the playoffs") when we're discussing DAK PRESCOTT'S performance against the BUCS' DEFENSE?

Again, if I were you, I would've just kept my fat mouth shut. You're not helping yourself at all here.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
Only if you're assessing the team. When assessing a D, yds allowed is much more accurate. Pts allowed doesn't take into account things such as FP, TO's, ST's, type of O, things such as that.
@mcmvp didn't want to use defensive efficiency because the Bucs ranked 7th in that category.

"DURRRR USE POINTS ALLOWED," he said. Because he's so painfully lacking in football knowledge that he doesn't know a poor offense/special teams also contributes to allowing points.

Fine, I said... EVEN IF we stuck with "points allowed," the Bucs were 13th out of 32 teams. Pretty good considering how anemic the Bucs offense was.

"DURRR BUT THE BUCS SUCKED IN GENERAL," he said.

At this point I'm just toying with the poor little guy. He's like a spider struggling to make his way out of the toilet.