Dak Prescott Issued Warning About Possibly Leaving Cowboys

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I’d throw in Raiders, Saints and maybe the Giants.

I have opinions on whether or not the Cowboys are a 12 win team or just a team that feasts on other bad teams. But for discussion sake our record is 12 wins for the last 3 years. Realistically what is Dak’s chances of leaving a perpetual 12 win team for a better team. Herm is 100% correct IMO on this. If Dak wants to win a Super Bowl this is the place to stay. Even with our horrible culture, dysfunctional management, in fighting and possible rap battles between current and former WRs this is Dak’s best chance for a championship.

I’m not advocating for Dak to stay or go but I’m in complete agreement with Edwards on this. I don’t see another 12 win team picking up Dak as a FA. All the other teams with double digit wins are locked in with a young QB or heavily invested in their current QB.
Too early to make predictions about the season. I do feel pretty safe in saying if we are a 12 win team I would bump it down to 9 without Prescott.

JBS

Reaction score
Too early to make predictions about the season. I do feel pretty safe in saying if we are a 12 win team I would bump it down to 9 without Prescott.
Out your damn mind if you think we win 9 games without dak. Not a chance in

And I’m not even a Dak supporter

Chasing6

Reaction score
I’d throw in Raiders, Saints and maybe the Giants.

I have opinions on whether or not the Cowboys are a 12 win team or just a team that feasts on other bad teams. But for discussion sake our record is 12 wins for the last 3 years. Realistically what is Dak’s chances of leaving a perpetual 12 win team for a better team. Herm is 100% correct IMO on this. If Dak wants to win a Super Bowl this is the place to stay. Even with our horrible culture, dysfunctional management, in fighting and possible rap battles between current and former WRs this is Dak’s best chance for a championship.

I’m not advocating for Dak to stay or go but I’m in complete agreement with Edwards on this. I don’t see another 12 win team picking up Dak as a FA. All the other teams with double digit wins are locked in with a young QB or heavily invested in their current QB.
Sure there will be more, but the only one he should be interested in is the Steelers.

Steelers won 10 games last year with no QB. They have the cap space. Mike Tomlin has won a SB, and he has the highest win % in the NFL at .663. He knows how to win close games and his teams show up to play.

They just rebuilt their OLine and are a well balanced team. They just need another WR.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my example it would absolutely be different. But when you already have 200 million? I would just retire. I wouldn't work anymore.
This all goes back to an earlier post I made about how the average fan struggles to relate to the upper 10% in our society.

And I doubt he has 200 million in liquid cash or assets. He’s probably spent much of it. Wealthy people tend to have a much higher standard lifestyle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure there will be more, but the only one he should be interested in is the Steelers.
I have a feeling Wilson will bounce back with Steelers . And that QB job won’t be open.

But if he doesn’t and Steelers tumble with Wilson not sure they’ll be ready to roll dice again on an aging veteran . Instead probably going back to draft.

We’ll see. What’s plan B for Prescott?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have a feeling Wilson will bounce back with Steelers . And that QB job won’t be open.

But if he doesn’t and Steelers tumble with Wilson not sure they’ll be ready to roll dice again on an aging veteran . Instead probably going back to draft.

We’ll see. What’s plan B for Prescott?
Not even a close comparison. Dak is 5 years younger. His game is not based or dependent on his mobility.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope so because I don’t like Rodgers but we’ll have to see how he responds to the Achilles injury. I would guess probably not.
I thought the Jets had an out with him after this season which would mean they would be desperate for a QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not even a close comparison. Dak is 5 years younger. His game is not based or dependent on his mobility.
So you think if Steelers make the playoffs with a bounce back season from Wilson the Steelers will dump him for opportunity to sign Prescott?

plymkr

Reaction score

Steelers won 10 games last year with no QB. They have the cap space. Mike Tomlin has won a SB, and he has the highest win % in the NFL at .663. He knows how to win close games and his teams show up to play.

They just rebuilt their OLine and are a well balanced team. They just need another WR.
Yeah I agree, Steelers would be the best place for him if he leaves.

plymkr

Reaction score
I thought the Jets had an out with him after this season which would mean they would be desperate for a QB.
I’m not sure of the Jets and Rodgers contract. But the Jets would be good as well given their skill in the trenches

Mannix

Reaction score
Genuinely hoping for a poor season so we can move on and have ANYTHING to look forward to. The era of tolerating mediocrity needs to end. If it doesn’t, there’s just no point.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Early candidate for post of the month

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That $50M ship for Dak sailed when Lawrence signed his deal. If Love gets signed before Dak, you will be looking at close to $60M for Jerry to sign Dak. If Jerry is keeping Dak, I would say waiting to extend him was an amateur's strategy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you think if Steelers make the playoffs with a bounce back season from Wilson the Steelers will dump him for opportunity to sign Prescott?
They made the playoffs last year. They are also saving a lot of cap space for some reason.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Out your damn mind if you think we win 9 games without dak. Not a chance in

And I’m not even a Dak supporter
Yet no one thought Rush would go 4-1 that one season. No one really knows what to expect.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well, some are driven and some aren’t. Me if I had $200 million in the bank? I’d want rings.
I would think that to be the case more often. If money isn't an issue, you have a lot of options. The bickering over a few million is weird to me.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak Prescott should maybe think twice about leaving the Cowboys.

With Prescott on the verge of entering the final year of his deal with the Cowboys, there’s speculation regarding whether the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback will leave the Cowboys next offseason. While Prescott will have no shortage of suitors in free agency if he chooses to go that route, former head coach Herm Edwards warned the 2023 MVP runner-up of thinking twice when it comes to leaving Dallas.

You’re not going to play for a better team,” Edwards said. “Who challenges him? The [Philadelphia Eagles]. The [Detroit Lions] … [Green Bay Packers], [San Francisco 49ers], that’s who they got to deal with. That’s who Dak has to deal with to get to the Super Bowl. And that’s what he understands. If you understand that and say, ‘Well, hey, I got the best team I can play on right now. I go somewhere else, I got to start over.'”

Why Dak Prescott Should Consider Staying With Cowboys​

Edwards makes a fair point considering the NFC is stacked. All of the aforementioned teams already have franchise quarterbacks in Hurts, Goff, Love and Purdy. To make matters worse, the AFC — which is seen as the stronger conference — already have teams with franchise quarterbacks locked in on long-term contracts such as Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson and Burrows

That’s not even mentioning fringe contenders such as the Falcons already having signed Cousins to a four-year, $180 million contract in the offseason.

Why Dak Prescott Should Earn Big Money Deal if He Leaves Cowboys​

There’s little doubt that Prescott could sign a big contract, that mirrors — if not exceeds — the one Cousins signed this offseason. Considering Prescott is coming off of the best season of his career and is actually five years younger than Cousins (without coming off of an injury), he could very well earn at least $50 million per year on his next deal.

Spotrac has Prescott’s projected market value is $53.1 million per season across four years for a total of over $212 million. That would make Prescott the third-highest paid quarterback on an average annual basis in the NFL.

https://heavy.com/
I hope Dak breaks the bank with another team- preferably the Broncos.
Sean Payton deserves him.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't think Dak would have as many suitors as people assume he would. He would be a QB entering his 10th season who never made it to a championship game. Only desperate teams would want that. Anyone with a decent young QB is going to pass on Dak simple for the lack of upside.
The Dallas Cowboys stink with Dak and will stink worse without him. Who cares?