Dak Prescott Not MVP Candidate? QB Left Off NFL Rankings

cmoney23

Reaction score
I should’ve know better than to entertain a Dak fan. I knew you wouldn’t accept it and would find some way to excuse Dak being a loser.

Oh well. Enjoy the farewell tour this season.
Sorry to disappoint you and burst your bubble...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s rich coming from a Dak fan.

I mean to be a Dak fan at all at this point you have to be neck deep in denial and delusion.
Yet, you spend 24/7 speaking about the guy lol. Delusions....denial. Your whole existence is caring about people rooting for the guy. ITs pathetic.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bold> Not so fast. The goalposts have not been alerted to move on demand yet.

In all seriousness though, the same thing applies within any quarterback vs quarterback discussion but isn't. The misapplication of the term has been made by others as well, especially sports talking heads. It is hard enough applying the word in the context of individual sports like golf, although more rational arguments can be made in many cases.

There are rare instances where the term can be applied within the context of a team sport. For instance, Lawrence Taylor did retire Joe Theismann. The man literally broke Theismann's leg so severely that the injury made the leg shorter than his other.

The 'one player retired another player' thing is almost exclusively one of the worst jokes of rationality. Tom Brady is considered the greatest of all-time in the sport of football. Michael Jordan is considered the greatest of all-time in the sport of basketball. Jordan's last game was against the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Sixers may have had a 'star' player playing that game. I do not know. I stopped being a 76er fan (and never adopted another team as a favorite) when Charles Barkley was 'allowed' to leave Philly, lol. I do know this though. That particular player did not force Jordan to retire.

The entire premise is almost ludicrous no matter who says it about any player in practically any sport. It does not matter if a Prescott supporter says it. It does not matter if a Prescott critic says it about another player. The logic is flawed almost 100% of the time.

However, the possibility exists that a counter-argument will be posted. That shall be entertaining.
Prescott retired Brady, period! If you don't agree with me I will hold my breath until I turn blue and cover up my ears so I can't read that I'm wrong! I'm right damn it, I know I am, so stop it, damn it Prescott retired Brady, please, stop, he did, he did, he really did...I'm about to cry damn it! Prescott really... he really... yes he...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MVP Candidates are determined over the season, not by a preseason ranking. Mahomes and Lamar are probably the best bets to be candidates, but even they aren't guaranteed to be, and certainly others can end up contending.

Proof

Reaction score
Prescott retired Brady, period! If you don't agree with me I will hold my breath until I turn blue and cover up my ears so I can't read that I'm wrong! I'm right damn it, I know I am, so stop it, damn it Prescott retired Brady, please, stop, he did, he did, he really did...I'm about to cry damn it! Prescott really... he really... yes he...
so dramatic (and corny). it's lighthearted at best, and true. i know i'm not throwing any tantrums, but we all see things through the lens or projection we hold.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so dramatic (and corny). it's lighthearted at best, and true. i know i'm not throwing any tantrums, but we all see things through the lens or projection we hold.
To one degree or another. Some more some less.

Brady and that team in complete disarray. 8-9 is proof.

At any rate...I consider this horse well-flogged. Have a great day! :thumbup: