Twitter: Dak Prescott on Westwood One Radio - 01/28/2020

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Dak needs to open up a business and take the Brady discount.

SackMaster

Reaction score
yep, that’s what Brady is, a crackhead, LOL

gotta make a decision, are you about money or about legacy ?

let’s see what he decides
I find the "are you about money or about legacy" take very interesting.

Let's say Dak does take a discount, and the Cowboys do make all the correct moves and the Cowboys wins a Super Bowl or two.

With the way several people think about Dak now, it will not improve his legacy one bit.

He will still be the guy that ....
  • Cheated a "legend" out of his best chance to win a ring
  • Lucked into being the Dallas Cowboys QB
  • Rode Ezekiel Elliot to any success he had
  • Could only win because the Cowboys built the team around him
  • Played behind one of the best offensive lines the NFL has ever seen
  • Was lucky that the Cowboys hired a proven, Super Bowl caliber head coach
Now those view points will not be shared by everyone, but make no mistake about it, he has very little chance to build any kind of positive legacy with many fans and "experts" out there.

You think Eli Manning is disrespected despite being a 2x Super Bowl winning MVP, while beating what was arguably the best team in NFL history in quite possibly the greatest upset of all time, and then add the fact that he did so playing against who many consider the GOAT QB not once, but TWICE.

Nope. You would probably hear how Ryan Leaf could have won a ring with "THESE Cowboys" and that Dak still does not have the talent to win at the NFL Level.

And again, that is assuming the the Cowboys actually make the right calls with the extra cap room (which is 50/50 at best).

So IMO, I couldn't care less how much Dak signs for, rather it be the vet minimum or a record breaking contract. That's between him and the Cowboys, period.

In either case, the Front Office will still need to do a good job with what they have because even if Dak signed for pennies on the dollar does not mean the Cowboys are saved. Nor does it mean the Cowboys are screwed if Dak sets a new NFL Record contract.

Simply put, if the Cowboys don't draft or sign the right players, the players fail to execute and/or Mike McCarthy or his staff flops, the TEAM is not going anywhere anyways.

Just like it was for much of the Romo Era, if it all rests on what the QB does, then the organization will not have success.

Reaction score
I find the "are you about money or about legacy" take very interesting.

Let's say Dak does take a discount, and the Cowboys do make all the correct moves and the Cowboys wins a Super Bowl or two.

With the way several people think about Dak now, it will not improve his legacy one bit.

He will still be the guy that ....
  • Cheated a "legend" out of his best chance to win a ring
  • Lucked into being the Dallas Cowboys QB
  • Rode Ezekiel Elliot to any success he had
  • Could only win because the Cowboys built the team around him
  • Played behind one of the best offensive lines the NFL has ever seen
  • Was lucky that the Cowboys hired a proven, Super Bowl caliber head coach
Now those view points will not be shared by everyone, but make no mistake about it, he has very little chance to build any kind of positive legacy with many fans and "experts" out there.

You think Eli Manning is disrespected despite being a 2x Super Bowl winning MVP, while beating what was arguably the best team in NFL history in quite possibly the greatest upset of all time, and then add the fact that he did so playing against who many consider the GOAT QB not once, but TWICE.

Nope. You would probably hear how Ryan Leaf could have won a ring with "THESE Cowboys" and that Dak still does not have the talent to win at the NFL Level.

And again, that is assuming the the Cowboys actually make the right calls with the extra cap room (which is 50/50 at best).

So IMO, I couldn't care less how much Dak signs for, rather it be the vet minimum or a record breaking contract. That's between him and the Cowboys, period.

In either case, the Front Office will still need to do a good job with what they have because even if Dak signed for pennies on the dollar does not mean the Cowboys are saved. Nor does it mean the Cowboys are screwed if Dak sets a new NFL Record contract.

Simply put, if the Cowboys don't draft or sign the right players, the players fail to execute and/or Mike McCarthy or his staff flops, the TEAM is not going anywhere anyways.

Just like it was for much of the Romo Era, if it all rests on what the QB does, then the organization will not have success.
Good points.

According to many, Dak will be talentless nobody no matter what he does.

Qcard

Reaction score
I am too. I've seen guys in the past take discounts just for the owner/gm to waste that same money on a bum. Its not Dak's responsibility to help the GM out. He needs to help himself out and get it done and do whatever it take to get talent.
Dak hater's don't think Dak is a QB.

They live in an alternate reality

John813

Reaction score
Someone is lying. I see he signed a 70 million dollar deal.

It's a weird deal.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will be eligible for free agency following the 2019 season despite signing a two-year extension on Sunday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Rapoport reported Monday that the final two years of Brady's contract "automatically void" on the final day of the 2019 league year. Terms of the agreement do not allow New England to place the franchise or transition tag on the signal-caller, resulting in him becoming a free agent should a new deal not be reached before then.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...e-agent-in-2020-despite-new-patriots-contract

Guessing it was setup in a loophole of some sorts to get him more money, but only for 19?

visionary

Reaction score
Didn’t Brady just sign a 2 year 70 million dollar deal? Hell of a bargain there......

LOL, when trying to make a point it is really really really important to actually have the facts straight

InTheZone

Reaction score
I never said that and you know it. Why resort to lying? Just take it like a man.
So your post was 100% a joke and you weren't saying Dak shouldn't take less because of his spouse? My bad then