News: Dak Prescott playing well, but Jerry Jones wants Tony Romo back ASAP

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course he does. The entire team does.
They are fully behind Dak, but come on, their best chance to really make a dent this year is with Romo.

It's why even Dez will praise Dak and then follow it up with how luck he is to be learning from "Romo, a future Hall of Famer"
Not sure I agree about the HOF part, but Dez and others make it clear what the pecking order is very chance he gets.

Dak is awesome for a rookie.. Everyone said he wouldn't be any good once teams got to the regular season. Well he has made smart heady plays wise beyond his years for a rookie. The game hasn't looked too big for Dak at all.

Now if he gets back to making big plays like he did in the pre-season than look out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
thats what im saying, its like not just his back, he has other lingering injuries that could flare up. hell at this point i wouldnt mind retaining him as a coach. i think he has a lot of knowledge and could help a lot.

He has other lingering injuries? Where does this stuff come from?

The only ongoing issue with Tony is his back/disc issue from 2013, which he has caused him to miss one game...in 2013.

mugsybows

Reaction score
He has other lingering injuries? Where does this stuff come from?

The only ongoing issue with Tony is his back/disc issue from 2013, which he has caused him to miss one game...in 2013.

you wouldnt call his broken and then rapidly broken again collar bone that now is attached through metal an issue. you think if he takes another slam to the ground itll hold up? he broke that collar bone in 2010 as well.

with that said his back issues alone are a problem. once you have back issues its not like it just magically goes away, hes going to always have it and every hit he takes is going to have a great chance to re injure it.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
you wouldnt call his broken and then rapidly broken again collar bone that now is attached through metal an issue. you think if he takes another slam to the ground itll hold up? he broke that collar bone in 2010 as well.

with that said his back issues alone are a problem. once you have back issues its not like it just magically goes away, hes going to always have it and every hit he takes is going to have a great chance to re injure it.

No, I wouldn't call the collar bone an issue. It's not attached through (with?) metal. It's strengthened with metal and the issue that increased the chance of the bone breaking was removed. His collar bone is less likely to break now than when he was a rookie.

mugsybows

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't call the collar bone an issue. It's not attached through (with?) metal. It's strengthened with metal and the issue that increased the chance of the bone breaking was removed. His collar bone is less likely to break now than when he was a rookie.

ok, even if the collarbone is never an issue again, are you confident his back will hold up? i mean i would love tony to come back and be his old self, but for the last year every big hit he has taken has lead to a him being out for a significant amount of time. i'm just saying i wont be surprised that if and when he does come back, first big hit he takes he gets hurt again.

im not as confident as you are with his collarbone, id take a healthy bone over a damaged one strengthened with metal any day

dallasdave

Reaction score

Well said, stay thirsty my friend.

superonyx

Reaction score
Why would it be Jerry's decision if/when he plays?
Because Jerry and Jason have a close working relationship and Jason told him......

Haha.

After seeing the fans and media tell Jason how to use Dez I'm not sure who is better equipped to make the call.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Why would it be Jerry's decision if/when he plays?

It shouldn't be. But we all know it is. That's why he likes coaches like Garrett, Wade, Campo, etc who all just happy to have a HC title while Jerry makes certain decisions. Coaches like Jimmy and BP don't put up with stuff like that which is a main reason they both left when they did.

Reaction score
No matter how much we want to deny it, I think part of the reason that our running game hasn't been successful is because our opponents don't fear Dak as a passer. They are willing to let us put 12-15 play drives together because they know chances are there will be some sort of breakdown.

Basically, we continue to run from run formations and pass from pass formations. The opposing teams don't have to guess. They don't have to play both. With Romo, we would be changing plays to take advantage of what the defense is doing. There would be bigger plays in both the passing and run games with Romo out there.

That being said, Dak has been better than we could have ever imagined and deserves to keep running the team until Romo is 100%. We don't need to rush Romo out there before he is ready.

Nice post. There is some trade-off with replacing Romo now and it is significant. Dak adds a run dimension and better mobility sideline to sideline but Romo, when healthy, is easily the better QB. Forget what the hater Deoin says, it's an easy choice to make when Romo is ready to go. The only other factor would be our chances of making the post season. If we are out of the running it would be nice to give Prescott the start and the much needed experience.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thanks Coach Jones.......again, why is Garrett even here???
Jerry needs a buffer plus it would be too distracting to have Jerry on the sidelines constantly. Not to mention the security risk and concerns he'd place everyone in with his presence.

Landry had death threats while he was losing and had to wear armored vest during the game . Jerry would need to be in a bubble . Lol

Kevinicus

Reaction score
ok, even if the collarbone is never an issue again, are you confident his back will hold up? i mean i would love tony to come back and be his old self, but for the last year every big hit he has taken has lead to a him being out for a significant amount of time. i'm just saying i wont be surprised that if and when he does come back, first big hit he takes he gets hurt again.

im not as confident as you are with his collarbone, id take a healthy bone over a damaged one strengthened with metal any day

No, I'm not thrilled with his back issue from 2013. It will always worry me (and it was my concern with the hit from Seattle). However, statements that he has lingering issues, or that every big hit he takes results in injury, simply aren't true, and I take issue with that narrative just being spread around like gospel.

mugsybows

Reaction score
No, I'm not thrilled with his back issue from 2013. It will always worry me (and it was my concern with the hit from Seattle). However, statements that he has lingering issues, or that every big hit he takes results in injury, simply aren't true, and I take issue with that narrative just being spread around like gospel.
i think it gets spread around like gospel because every big hit since has knocked him out. i hope he comes back and takes big hits and nothing happens but you look at his last year and it hasn't been encouraging.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is right, but that shouldn't be him saying it.

Zeke is changing the defense a lot. Romo can pull them out of that by DESTROYING them with audibles at the line. In fact, with Romo in, they won't run those defenses much.

But can Romo take a hit? We'll see.
I think we'll know soon enough if Romo can withstand the contact . I know it's sad. Everyone wants him to go out with a ring. It's not his fault .

It's Jerrys for not building a better team around him like Bill initially had tried to do. We still don't have a strong enough team around him. Pitiful , just pitiful. Who knows, Jerry could screw it up for Dak too if he tries to take shortcuts on the defense.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
He'll make the running game better, and he'll make the red zone a happier place.

Right.

Dak already does things Tony cannot, plus he has the confidence of youth. Tony, however, can still run HIS offense as well as any starting QB in the NFL and he knows how to win. Let's just hope his body can keep up with his mind and experience.