Dak Prescott Sets NFL Passing-Rushing TD Record Cam Newton and Mike Vick Never Could

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak is 32-16 with 2 Division Titles and a career Passer Rating of 96,,,,, good for 8th All-time

that is pretty f'in good

Correction. Dallas is 32-16 with 2 Division Titles while Dak has a career Passer Rating of 96. What the team accomplishes does not always reflect on the quality of the quarterback.

I only say this in hopes that some day we'll get to the point where we stop judging QBs by their teams' won-lost record. They didn't accomplish or fail to accomplish it alone, and there are factors, sometimes beyond their control, that may determine the outcome.

Stargazing

Reaction score
Carson who?

Ha its so funny how now your saying Carson who? Lol the guy was s sure fire lock to win the MVP if he didnt get hurt. Wentz IF he stays healthy will be absouletly fine and a terrific QB. You all have short memories.

erod

Reaction score
Because no upper echelon qbs are asked to run a ball control offense. Dak is above average at best, nothing special.
Look, I'm not Dak's biggest fan, but he's 4-1 against your Eagles, so I'd pipe down a bit.

I've been a Wentz believer, but now, not so much. The psychology of not playing in that Super Bowl run is working him over, as well as your lousy fan base.

Foles is about to leave, and you'll be left with an oft-crippled quarterback without the trust of his teammates, coaches, or fans.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Look, I'm not Dak's biggest fan, but he's 4-1 against your Eagles, so I'd pipe down a bit.

I've been a Wentz believer, but now, not so much. The psychology of not playing in that Super Bowl run is working him over, as well as your lousy fan base.

Foles is about to leave, and you'll be left with an oft-crippled quarterback without the trust of his teammates, coaches, or fans.

Dak’s team is 4-1 against the eagles, including a game we basically forfeited and he still almost lost. That is not an indication that Dak won all 4 of those. What is his record without Zeke again?

As for Wentz, he’s missed 8 total games in 3 years. Yes he’s injured now, but let’s not pretend He hasn’t started 40 others.

erod

Reaction score
Ha its so funny how now your saying Carson who? Lol the guy was s sure fire lock to win the MVP if he didnt get hurt. Wentz IF he stays healthy will be absouletly fine and a terrific QB. You all have short memories.

He's only beaten Dallas once. And no, I don't count the Week 17 game against Mark Sanchez.

erod

Reaction score
Dak’s team is 4-1 against the eagles, including a game we basically forfeited and he still almost lost. That is not an indication that Dak won all 4 of those. What is his record without Zeke again?
What is Philly's record without Wentz again?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Except when he does

What about Luck, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Stafford, Mayfield, Garoppolo, Watson, Ryan, Newton? Dak will never be a top 10 QB, the competition is too good. Shouldn’t the Cowboys want better than this? Or have they reverted to a ‘good enough’ franchise.
you don't throw away Top 10 to get a chance at a maybe #1..... that is idiotic

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Correction. Dallas is 32-16 with 2 Division Titles while Dak has a career Passer Rating of 96. What the team accomplishes does not always reflect on the quality of the quarterback.

I only say this in hopes that some day we'll get to the point where we stop judging QBs by their teams' won-lost record. They didn't accomplish or fail to accomplish it alone, and there are factors, sometimes beyond their control, that may determine the outcome.
that day will never come .... the QB is the face of the team..... Win or Lose

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My post is not a commentary on how good/bad Dak is rather on the stat itself. Some stats players try to achieve like the homerun record or rushing record. Some stats occur by happenstance like getting hit by a pitch or this one. I have to imagine if this were a goal most anyone could do it by manipulating a few play calls.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott went into the NFL record books today, having at least 20 touchdown passes and five rushing touchdowns in each of his first three seasons.

What makes the stat even more impressive is that no other quarterback in the history of the league has done this in consecutive seasons. Amazingly, Prescott has done it in all three of his NFL seasons.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...d-record-cam-newton-and-mike-vick-never-could

It's a nice distinction, but in the end 20 TD passes and 5 rushing TD's is still just 25 TD's, which is pretty ordinary for an NFL QB.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's a nice distinction, but in the end 20 TD passes and 5 rushing TD's is still just 25 TD's, which is pretty ordinary for an NFL QB.
that is just the baseline.... the number is actually 29.........23 passing and 6 rushing

mardwin

Reaction score
Baldwin and Locket are not trash...that’s a foolish statement.
They are both much better than any receiver on the Cowboys before Cooper arrived.

Lol, you bring them here and you will change your position in a new york minute.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
that day will never come .... the QB is the face of the team..... Win or Lose

It will come if posters like you stop using it. Being the face of the team does not mean being responsible for every win and loss. We have several Pro Bowl players; do you hold them responsible for every victory or loss or do you look at individual play? If Elliott rushes for 4.8 yards per carry like he did against Indy and we get whipped, do you say that loss was on him?

It is an absolutely stupid way to judge players.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is just the baseline.... the number is actually 29.........23 passing and 6 rushing

The actual number being the average I assume. I realized that 25 & 5 was just the baseline when I wrote the post, and probably should have mentioned it. My only point was that the 20 & 5 is only an interesting distinction about the breakdown of passing and rushing TD's, and not necessarily and indication of something special. Ultimately the 23 & 6 you mentioned is fine as long as we are getting a lot of TD's from the running backs as well, but not particularly special if we had to rely on TD's from the QB for most of the scoring.