Dak Prescott Sets NFL Passing-Rushing TD Record Cam Newton and Mike Vick Never Could

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I bet if both Winston and Dak get in the open Market Winston would be getting more interest given his upside. The kid is not very mature and mistakes prone but he has many of the qualities you want in a QB.
The dude is a clown.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dak is already 25?! BS. He should be way better by the time he gets to 25. Carson nearly won MVP at 25
Dak is 32-16 with 2 Division Titles and a career Passer Rating of 96,,,,, good for 8th All-time

that is pretty f'in good

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dak is 32-16 with 2 Division Titles and a career Passer Rating of 96,,,,, good for 8th All-time

that is pretty f'in good

And Sam Bradford set the nfl record for completion percentage for checking down. Cherry picking stats doesn’t tell the whole story

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The most impressive thing is his receivers are pure trash but he makes everyone around him better as a franchise QB should.
Baldwin and Locket are not trash...that’s a foolish statement.
They are both much better than any receiver on the Cowboys before Cooper arrived.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I said over the last three years... meaning cumulatively, and allowing for a minimum number of starts. Technically, he has more TDs than Mahomes, but Mahomes only played one season of those three.
When you allow for the people who have played the same number of games, he's right at the bottom.
Though perhaps TD % would have been better to use.
If she left you for Dak it wasn’t meant to be. It was her fault not his.

Moveon.you

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It’s about 14th best in the nfl. If that’s what you think Dak is
I'll take it for his third season.....especially when Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, Eli, ARod are all nearing the end of their careers..... his is just beginning

Stargazing

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott went into the NFL record books today, having at least 20 touchdown passes and five rushing touchdowns in each of his first three seasons.

What makes the stat even more impressive is that no other quarterback in the history of the league has done this in consecutive seasons. Amazingly, Prescott has done it in all three of his NFL seasons.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...d-record-cam-newton-and-mike-vick-never-could

Who cares? Since when did Cam Newton and Mike Vick become the gold standard of QB's? Again, people are obssessed with he is better than this guy. Who cares??? That stat does make him a sure fire lock to invest tons of money and years. There is no doubt he is getting extented, the question is how lmuch and how long.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
except the rushing TDs count and he created them

sorry you are the one with an agenda and it stinks

Diff points of view. I like good QB's who can throw, you like Dak. Like him all you want for whatever reason you wish, but to act like he's a great QB is foolish.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
the guy who can't finish a season....oh yeah even in college
Except when he does
I'll take it for his third season.....especially when Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben, Eli, ARod are all nearing the end of their careers..... his is just beginning

What about Luck, Wilson, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Stafford, Mayfield, Garoppolo, Watson, Ryan, Newton? Dak will never be a top 10 QB, the competition is too good. Shouldn’t the Cowboys want better than this? Or have they reverted to a ‘good enough’ franchise.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is almost always an agenda when you start a thread and anytime you start talking statistics there is always an agenda. People pick the stats to backup whatever they believe. Obtaining 20 touchdowns is nothing to celebrate. For example this year we had 20 QB's with 21+ TD's and most of those who did not hit that number missed multiple games. If you add his rushing and passing TD's he still doesn't make the top 10....he's still an average qb. He's less than average without those rushing TD's tho so celebrate away we have a less than average passer in a passing league.

I agree, the numbers are pedestrian at best, but I cannot begin to assume anything about the "why" of the content. I respectfully read and moved on from the original post to the comments, because they either support, deny, or completely miss the content of the message.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's like the 20/20 club, or 40/40 club in baseball.

Just a statistical milestone.

And judging by the two people mentioned in the OP and article (Newton and Vick) a pretty meaningless one.

Not an indictment on Dak, just on the stupid nature of this "club".