Dak Prescott vs Patrick Mahomes in their last 50 starts

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Depends on how you look at it, is getting into the playoffs and getting destroyed in the first round of the playoffs someone superior to not making the playoffs?
Yes, because if the Cowboys build a team that can overcome the weaknesses of a certain player or even a position group, they can make a title run.

In NFL history quarterbacks like Stan Humphries, Chris Chandler, Kerry Collins, Trent Dilfer, Jake Delhomme, Matt Hasselbeck, Rex Grossman, Jimmy Garopollo, and Nick Foles have reached the Super Bowl. How many Hall of Famers are in that group?

If they can get there with the right team, Dak Prescott certainly can. But conditions have to be right, and the Cowboys haven't shown they can provide those conditions.

So we can just hope they get lucky one year, or spend the next thirty years waiting for the next Patrick Mahomes to fall into Dallas' lap.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Actually, it makes you look ignorant. Mahomes will go down as the GOAT and Dak’s stats compare favorably. Now, he’ll never be in Mahomes class, but he’s pretty damn good hence the All Pro and NFL MVP runner-up awards last year. So yeah, who’s looking ignorant?
Dak's stats compare favorably when you ignore the actual strength of competition both these guys play. The reason Mahomes goes down as the GOAT or at least one of the best to ever play is because when it matters he steps up. The reason Dak Prescott will be forgotten is because when he mattered he folded.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Because the two quarterbacks have not played the exact same number of postseason games. I recommend pro-football-reference.com if you wish to gather and post the stat comparison of your choosing. If not, just continue to complain that another member did not do exactly what you want--even though you could do so yourself.
Dak fans so sensitive, man.

He sucks and there's not enough stats for you to manipulate to change that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak fans so sensitive, man.

He sucks and there's not enough stats for you to manipulate to change that.
It is too funny.

You call me a Dak fan.

America's Cowboy calls me the exact opposite.

You two are opposite sides of the same coin but your labeling of another member is reversed. Oh what a world. CowboysZone. :laugh:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It is too funny.

You call me a Dak fan.

America's Cowboy calls me the exact opposite.

You two are opposite sides of the same coin but your labeling of another member is reversed. Oh what a world. CowboysZone. :laugh:
Sounds like you straddle that fence too much and need to pick a side.

Either you believe in Dak or you don't.

Straddling the fence is lame sauce.

Motorola

Reaction score
Now do the defense
2023 season ___
Points allowed- KC 294 (2nd), DAL 315 (5th)
Yards allowed- KC 4926 (2nd), DAL 5095 5th)
Plays allowed- DAL 1014 (2nd), KC 1045 (8th)
Yards per play- KC 4.7 (T- 4th), DAL 5.0 (T-7th)
Turnovers- DAL 26(T- 12th), KC 17 (T-27th)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like you straddle that fence too much and need to pick a side.

Either you believe in Dak or you don't.

Straddling the fence is lame sauce.
You must believe I am Jerry Jones. You can radically dislike Dak Prescott to your heart's content. Likewise, other members, who think radically different from you, can put Prescott on a pedestal fit for a Greek god.

While the two groups are mooing at each other in anger of a situation both have zero control over, I am sitting on the porch, shaking my head at all the commotion.

Keep mooing dude. You'll eventually get that dang old Dak if it's the last thing you'll do. Moo. lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You must believe I am Jerry Jones. You can radically dislike Dak Prescott to your heart's content. Likewise, other members, who think radically different from you, can put Prescott on a pedestal fit for a Greek god.

While the two groups are mooing at each other in anger of a situation both have zero control over, I am sitting on the porch, shaking my head at all the commotion.

Keep mooing dude. You'll eventually get that dang old Dak if it's the last thing you'll do. Moo. lol.
So you don't care if the Cowboys QB is good or not?

You just like sitting on the porch watching people with opinions argue?

So you like watching shows like First Take more than Cowboys games?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you don't care if the Cowboys QB is good or not?
Yes. I do care. My caring will not influence Jerry Jones' mind and convince him into making a change of my preference. It that were true, I would telepathy-ed the <expletive> out of his hillbilly mind decades ago.

You keep trying though, by trying to daily change the minds of people you do not know and will never succeed, ya hear? That is far more 'realistic' than anything that has been accomplished on any internet board since the internet was created.

You just like sitting on the porch watching people with opinions argue?
Well.

Yeah.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes. I do care. My caring will not influence Jerry Jones' mind and convince him into making a change of my preference. It that were true, I would telepathy-ed the <expletive> out of his hillbilly mind decades ago.

You keep trying though, by trying to daily change the minds of people you do not know and will never succeed, ya hear? That is far more 'realistic' than anything that has accomplished on any internet board since the internet was created.

Well.

Yeah.
You not influencing Jerry Jones doesn't disqualify you from having an opinion either way though?

Do you go through life without having any opinion whatsoever on things you don't control?

And as I've said many times before... I am not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just petty. I'm here for the "told ya so".

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Dak haters still think people think he's comparable to Mahomes.

Nobody thinks that. It's just obvious who has the better coach, organization, defense, and everything.

Micah is a no show in the playoffs. Jones is not. Kelce didn't drop any balls. Lamb dropped 3rd and 8 for example against Green Bay.

Simple as that.