Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thank you for making my point.

The rules dont change fir dak what in the sam heck are you doing?
Sam hurd isnt getting dak 4000 yards. Amari and ceedee...can! Its not just dak.
Thats the point.
See?
If you dont i give.:huh::rolleyes:
I never said it wasn’t a team game I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? That Dak isn’t good enough to win with Sam Hurd as his best receiver? Ok?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In my recollection nobody here talked about random hof qbs. Please show us those threads and maybe we can clear it up for you.
Emmitt gets credit for his yards....but we also know that was a nasty o line....they deserve credit too. And emmitt will be the first to do it.

See yet?
What is your point? You are contradicting yourself….passing yards are stupid but rushing yards aren’t. Am I understanding this correctly?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just how many games did TO, Glenn and Austin Play with romo? Might want to consider that. Dez was really the best WR Romo had when he was at his peak. Who was excellent.
Dak started out with Dez and now has CeeDee
Dez was past his prime when Dak got him. My argument isn’t who has the better supporting cast. My point is be honest about the conversation. Jerry never intentionally gave him a bum as a number one. He never went into a season with Hurns as his number one.

bandfan

Reaction score
Don't think BDC is penalizing Dak. Just simply stating that the current trend tips the scale in favor of QB's potentially throwing for more yards.

To add context to it, just look at the last ten seasons. 7 of the last 10 years have yielded the most passing attempts per game - league wide. An even better stat is completion percentage in that same span. From '14 thru the '23 NFL QB's have enjoyed their highest completion percentage since the stat has been kept. Not one other year could crack that top 10. Bottom line - it's a good time to be a QB in league that loves big numbers and hates defense.
I don't think anyone will argue that. It's just that some people act like QBs got asked which era they wanted to play in..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Austin was a damn good player. And you forgot Romo had that hall of Famer Terrell Owen’s…..Terry Glenn…there was never a year where Romo best receiver was a third string receiver.
Miles Austin had one really good year and two decent years, all under Romo. The rest were forgettable. And Romo played with Glen for two years at the end of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Miles Austin had one really good year and two decent years, all under Romo. The rest were forgettable. And Romo played with Glen for two years at the end of it.
Austin had hamstring issues. It was never about his play on the field. Cowboys traded a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams a former pro bowler. He gets here and sucks. You guys talk about what he did for Austin but never mention the Roy Williams debacle for some reason.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I don't think anyone will argue that. It's just that some people act like QBs got asked which era they wanted to play in.
Point taken. I’m usually very hesitant to engage in debates over “which guy was better”, and similar type discussions when comparing athletes from different eras. Just too many variables to be definitive with an answer.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
200w.gif

LOL, you know it’s coming, the Horsemen!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Austin had hamstring issues. It was never about his play on the field. Cowboys traded a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams a former pro bowler. He gets here and sucks. You guys talk about what he did for Austin but never mention the Roy Williams debacle for some reason.
Yes, he had hamstring issues with the team. So what? That didn’t mean he wasn’t anything more than a decent receiver who didn’t do anything elsewhere when he was healthy.

*** does Roy Williams have to do with anything? He also was on his last legs. Everyone thought it was a terrible trade by JJ at the time and were proven right. You’re reaching with your ridiculous implication from it.

plymkr

Reaction score
As the 2024 season is about to get started, Dak Prescott is getting ready to start his 9th season as QB of the Dallas Cowboys. If one takes a look, Dak Prescott is only 4,725 passing yards away from becoming the All Time Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader.

Mod Edit: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/career-passing.htm

Screenshot-20240717-095200-Chrome.jpg

Not bad after only starting 9 seasons, considering it took Tony Romo 10 seasons as a starter to become the current franchise passing leader, along with Troy Aikman before having taken 12 seasons.

What do you think? Will Dak Prescott become the Dallas Cowboys Career Passing Leader by the end of this upcoming 2024 season?
Whether you hate Dak or love him you got to respect his numbers.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Roy Williams was done when we got him. But reality just does not seem to matter to Dak Bots

gtb1943

Reaction score
Whether you hate Dak or love him you got to respect his numbers.
numbers are meaningless now and then; Dan Fouts had HUGE numbers back then and how many rings did he get? Marino broke records right and left and how many rings did he get?