Dak Prescott within reach of becoming Dallas Cowboys All Time Franchise Passing Leader

gtb1943

Reaction score
10 Years if you count coming in mid-season in 2006. And playing 4/5 games in two other seasons (one of those is offset by one of Dak's season). Also, longer seasons as of late.
Looking at game started, Prescott has about 13 games to get more yards and TDs...during a heavier passing era that Romo only saw briefly.
yep.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So when Romo became the Cowboys franchise passing leader, you Romoholics had no problem?
Typical namecalling fall back.

I do not speak for other fans you apply a label. I speak for myself. I have never claimed Romo became the all-time passing leader simply on his effort alone.

For pete's sake. Each and every quarterback passing yard is yardage gained by a receiver. It would be illogical for me to exclude an essential factor in that particular statistic attributed to a quarterback. Yet, I must 'have a problem' because no one (that I can recall at the time on this site) made the statement or suggestion Romo's stats were all because of him?

My friend. That is a knot twisted onto itself in rationalization.

Shoot. I wish Tony Romo had thrown the ball to himself on 4th and 2 against the Packers. Then I could have yelled, "HEY! Romo earned those passing yards that down!"

Freaking Cowboyszone sometimes.

Now that Dak is on the verge of shattering his passing record, y'all are up in arms trying to diminish and discredit Dak's potential franchise record accomplishment?
This should be good.

Explain how my comments within this thread 'diminish and/or discredit' Prescott's accomplishment? Please note. The quarterback's primary responsibility on every given passing play is to throw catchable passes.

I have stated that fact almost since this site's creation, which, by the way, precedes Romo's first start by years also. Completely and easily verifiable using the site's Search feature.

Indulge me. How do you access my wordage as lessening the importance of this particular passing statistic, when it takes the q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k making each pass in order for the statistic to exist in the first place?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Typical namecalling fall back.

I do not speak for other fans you apply a label. I speak for myself. I have never claimed Romo became the all-time passing leader simply on his effort alone.

For pete's sake. Each and every quarterback passing yard is yardage gained by a receiver. It would be illogical for me to exclude an essential factor in that particular statistic attributed to a quarterback. Yet, I must 'have a problem' because no one (that I can recall at the time on this site) made the statement or suggestion Romo's stats were all because of him?

My friend. That is a knot twisted onto itself in rationalization.

Shoot. I wish Tony Romo had thrown the ball to himself on 4th and 2 against the Packers. Then I could have yelled, "HEY! Romo earned those passing yards that down!"

Freaking Cowboyszone sometimes.

This should be good.

Explain how my comments within this thread 'diminish and/or discredit Prescott's accomplishment? Please note. The quarterback's primary responsibility on every given passing play is to throw catchable passes.

I have stated that fact almost since this site's creation, which, by the way, precedes Romo's first start by years also. Completely and easily verifiable using the site's Search feature.

Indulge me. How do you access my wordage as lessening the importance of this particular passing statistic, when it takes the q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k making each pass in order for the statistic to exist in the first place?
Passing yards is a dumb stat, IMO. See, Dak could throw a 10 yard pass and the receiver would run it for another 50 yards and Dak gets to say he passed for 60 yards. Yeah, sure.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What do you mean leave it out?
I mean Jameis threw for those yards. Someone made the comment along the lines of "If rules favor the O so much why can't so & so throw for big yards?"

I'm simply saying every year those maligned QB's are putting up very good to historic numbers because of the new rules. How many interceptions they threw wasn't part of the context of that discussion.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment. I agree with you in the context of an evaluation of "how well" he played the position.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Passing yards is an individual skill stat whether we like it or not. We can’t change the rules just because we don’t like who it benefits.
That is a very odd take MC. We don't always agree but I generally at least understand something about your point of view. I don't see any basis here.

There is nothing that happens in a team sport that is an individual stat.

If QB gets sacked 98 times, is that an individual accomplishment?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So when Romo became the Cowboys franchise passing leader, you Romoholics had no problem?

Now that Dak is on the verge of shattering his passing record, y'all are up in arms trying to diminish and discredit Dak's potential franchise record accomplishment?
I've said numerous times that all QB, WR, TE, even RB's & team statistics are being inflated due to changes in the game not individual talent. So, I'm diminishing everyone equally.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Passing yards is a dumb stat, IMO. See, Dak could throw a 10 yard pass and the receiver would run it for another 50 yards and Dak gets to say he passed for 60 yards. Yeah, sure.
And Dak could dodge a sack and throw a l 60 yard bomb and the corner falls and the receiver gets to say he caught a 100 yard pass.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then don't try and change it, simple as that. Dak, Romo, or any other QB, IMO, do not deserve the stat "passing yards" because of what I posted earlier, which you did not respond to.
I’m not changing anything no one had an issue with passing yards until Dak.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you have no issue with receiving yards just passing yards?
In your story, if Dak threw a 60 yard bomb and the receiver took it home, Dak gets credit for 60 yards and the receiver i guess gets to say he has a 40 yard stat is my stance. Dak does not get credit for 100 yard pass.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That is a very odd take MC. We don't always agree but I generally at least understand something about your point of view. I don't see any basis here.

There is nothing that happens in a team sport that is an individual stat.

If QB gets sacked 98 times, is that an individual accomplishment?
What I’m saying is when guys get Hall of Fame inductions and All Pro these individual stats are what they use to gauge a players accomplishments. Passing yards have always been a statistic guys are gauged based on. When a guy gets sacked 70 times they blame the offensive line. Even if the quarterback is the reason for those sacks.

Just curious but do you consider rushing yards and receiving yards to be individual stats?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In your story, if Dak threw a 60 yard bomb and the receiver took it home, Dak gets credit for 60 yards and the receiver i guess gets to say he has a 40 yard stat is my stance. Dak does not get credit for 100 yard pass.
Yeah I just don’t agree. They both should get credit for a 100 yard play. Dak had to make the throw and Lamb had to make the catch.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is 32 games over 500. Only Roger Staubach had more. Danny White was 32 games over 500 but he had far better teams. Go look at the rosters he had.