Dak Prescott

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It was baffling. I don't think that Dak was as popular with any other team as he was with the Cowboys. I have read many local media reports here in Mississippi and the Cowboys was the only team that was named as having any interest in him. I was not surprised that Dallas had Cook rated higher.

I think the DUI scared off a lot of teams............as for Cook, thank God we didn't draft him.

Cook has the reputation of being a grade A dick...........virtually everybody on the team hated him from what you read, that is why he was not voted a team captain.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I think the DUI scared off a lot of teams............as for Cook, thank God we didn't draft him.

Cook has the reputation of being a grade A dick...........virtually everybody on the team hated him from what you read, that is why he was not voted a team captain.

It's fascinating to me that we tried to trade up for him before settling on Dak. Between that and their infatuation with Lynch, I'm not necessarily sold on their ability to evaluate QBs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It's fascinating to me that we tried to trade up for him before settling on Dak. Between that and their infatuation with Lynch, I'm not necessarily sold on their ability to evaluate QBs.

Yea, I am not overly confident on their QB evaluations either................I especially am not confident that Garrett/Wade Wilson can "coach up" Dak.

Every QB has looked like crap in this offense except for Romo.................so the idea that we can develop a QB is disturbing.

All we can do is hope for the best.

Qbert

Reaction score
After watching a few games on YouTube, his accuracy concerns me most. He's gonna get a receiver killed with how he misses a lot of receivers high

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
He was the MVP of the Senior Bowl ahead of some other nameless qbs, I am just saying..

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I guess I wonder what they said about Romo when he came to Dallas, small kid no arm,inconsistent, erratic, etc.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching a few games on YouTube, his accuracy concerns me most. He's gonna get a receiver killed with how he misses a lot of receivers high

He's got a lot of work to do on his footwork. He leaves the ground every time he has to throw from the run. And he's got happy feet in the pocket. He's got a lot of work to do.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His accuracy. His football IQ. His penchant for turning into a RB whenever he feels pressure. His consistency. I thought Prescott was one of the worst QBs within the pocket in this draft class.

If Wade Wilson turns him into a quality starter in the NFL I'll never say a critical word about him ever again.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He stares down his receivers and often would take off running after one, maybe two reads. I just don't see him turning into a quality starter, love to be wrong, just doubt it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He's got a lot of work to do on his footwork. He leaves the ground every time he has to throw from the run. And he's got happy feet in the pocket. He's got a lot of work to do.

his footwork is atrocious,i know this is the SEC but I cant believe the coaches there couldnt work on it for 3 years,the chances of him learning proper footwork is low.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
his footwork is atrocious,i know this is the SEC but I cant believe the coaches there couldnt work on it for 3 years,the chances of him learning proper footwork is low.

We'll see. He's got to fix it here because it won't fly in the NFL. At least he seems willing to work on it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

the coaches job is to win games, not get them ready for the NFL. How else can you explain the lack of growth by Tim Tebow

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
His accuracy. His football IQ. His penchant for turning into a RB whenever he feels pressure. His consistency. I thought Prescott was one of the worst QBs within the pocket in this draft class.

If Wade Wilson turns him into a quality starter in the NFL I'll never say a critical word about him ever again.

You might want to find another NFL team as well and another hobby instead of the NFL Draft cause you suck at BOTH.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I like the pick given that it was the end of the 4th round. I keep hearing the Tebow comparisons due to the running and coaches, but I personally see a little Russell Wilson in him. He has some skills to work if Wade Wilson is actually interested in earning his paycheck.

He is not a sitting duck in the pocket and that can make up for a lot if he is pressed into action early. He needs to learn to slide when he runs, but he is a good runner if necessary. I see a possible good back-up as soon as 2017 and Dallas sure the heck needs that given Romo's injuries and the crapola that was rolled out last year. Plus, a late 4th in no way shape or form prevents them from taking a QB next draft or the draft after that if they can get one.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
If Presscott improves past Kellen Moore on the depth chart to the #2 QB it will be because of Jason Garrett, not Wade Wilson.

There are many deficiencies that may be impossible to overcome but Daks' football intelligence, improvisation and on the field leadership skills are his best intangibles today.

It's hard to think Dak Presscott could actually be the next Tony Romo, Russell Wilson or Kirk Cousins type of over achiever, but nobody really thought they were going to be legitimate NFLers coming out of College. Two mid-late rounders and one Undrafted.

Risen Star is a "Zone Idol" when he's not throwing Dallas Cowboys under the bus....driver.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
He's very similar to Tebow. That is both a compliment and a negative.

I'm fine with us getting him at the end of the 4th though.
Then again, the entire NFL passed on him 4 rounds, so they all had issues. Doesn't mean he won't pan out, it just means there are clear issues or he would have gone way earlier. Not an insult.

If he's Tebow I'm not happy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he cant beat out Moore for the backup spot thks year Im counting him out.

Dont care how long Moore has been in the system. If he isnt the worst QB2 in the NFL, he is damn close