Dak Prescott

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I like the pick given that it was the end of the 4th round. I keep hearing the Tebow comparisons due to the running and coaches, but I personally see a little Russell Wilson in him. He has some skills to work if Wade Wilson is actually interested in earning his paycheck.

He is not a sitting duck in the pocket and that can make up for a lot if he is pressed into action early. He needs to learn to slide when he runs, but he is a good runner if necessary. I see a possible good back-up as soon as 2017 and Dallas sure the heck needs that given Romo's injuries and the crapola that was rolled out last year. Plus, a late 4th in no way shape or form prevents them from taking a QB next draft or the draft after that if they can get one.

I don't see the Tebow thing at all. I don't really see the Russell Wilson thing either. Russell Wilson was a better passer coming out of college and the only reason he went as low as he did was because of his size. It was pretty obvious very quickly in the NFL that his size wasn't going to be an issue. I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson is also quite a bit faster.

I'm not saying Dak won't turn out to be a good NFL QB, but I think he's got a longer trek to get there than Wilson had coming out of college. That's why it's good that we still have Romo for a bit longer. The Seahawks had a whole lot of nothing.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see the Tebow thing at all. I don't really see the Russell Wilson thing either. Russell Wilson was a better passer coming out of college and the only reason he went as low as he did was because of his size. It was pretty obvious very quickly in the NFL that his size wasn't going to be an issue. I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson is also quite a bit faster.

I'm not saying Dak won't turn out to be a good NFL QB, but I think he's got a longer trek to get there than Wilson had coming out of college. That's why it's good that we still have Romo for a bit longer. The Seahawks had a whole lot of nothing.

Agreed. I don't see neither the Tebow nor the Wilson connection. Prescott is a different.

This preseason will be interesting for Prescott... Next preseason will tell us a great deal.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
His accuracy. His football IQ. His penchant for turning into a RB whenever he feels pressure. His consistency. I thought Prescott was one of the worst QBs within the pocket in this draft class.

If Wade Wilson turns him into a quality starter in the NFL I'll never say a critical word about him ever again.
Never? That's a long time.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
His accuracy. His football IQ. His penchant for turning into a RB whenever he feels pressure. His consistency. I thought Prescott was one of the worst QBs within the pocket in this draft class.

If Wade Wilson turns him into a quality starter in the NFL I'll never say a critical word about him ever again.
So, is Wade safe from your wrath? I know it has been bothering him.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
OP was ahead of the curve, and a few others.

I'm not saying anyone saw this or should have, but he was really good in college too. He never had great talent around him at Miss State yet he lead them to #1 for five weeks (first time ever) He broke 28 school records and only thew 23 Ints out of over 1,000 throws. His coach there said he should have been the #1 overall pick but he doesn't practice that well. Anyway we're lucky to have him.