Dak Prescott's decision to sue for extortion might have opened door for sexual assault claim

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Disagree w/ most. Someone has to take a stand against these idiots. Those who falsely charge for secks crimes make it really hard for those who have actually been abused. Hope she gets prison time.
Yeah I get people are letting their disdain for Dak cloud their judgment but I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy…

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Dak is truly innocent then he has to fight it. He can't let her ruin his reputation.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah I get people are letting their disdain for Dak cloud their judgment but I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy…
I personally know a couple of guys who were falsely accused. It's getting to be a real problem in this country. Don't forget Trevor Bauer who was kicked out of MLB after being falsely accused. It cost him a fortune, but he was a real man and stood his ground, refusing any settlement whatsoever, as he was not guilty. Caving in to get it over w/ creates a huge problem.

BTW, Bauer's accuser is now being charged w/ defrauding and theft by extortion. Hope she gets at least 10 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I personally know a couple of guys who were falsely accused. It's getting to be a real problem in this country. Don't forget Trevor Bauer who was kicked out of MLB after being falsely accused. It cost him a fortune, but he was a real man and stood his ground, refusing any settlement whatsoever, as he was not guilty. Caving in to get it over w/ creates a huge problem.

BTW, Bauer's accuser is now being charged w/ defrauding and theft by extortion. Hope she gets at least 10 years.
Yeah I’ve actually been reading up on this today….its funny so I saw this lady on a dating show and she was such scum and disrespect….find out today she’s potentially going to jail over this situation with Bauer….

And he’s another guy who comes across as a scumbag but like I said above I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. And if he truly is innocent he should sue everyone involved including the MLB. He’s stuck in Mexico playing in the prime of his career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve actually been reading up on this today….its funny so I saw this lady on a dating show and she was such scum and disrespect….find out today she’s potentially going to jail over this situation with Bauer….

And he’s another guy who comes across as a scumbag but like I said above I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. And if he truly is innocent he should sue everyone involved including the MLB. He’s stuck in Mexico playing in the prime of his career.
I'm pretty sure that he has sued MLB. Maybe they settled.

Another one. A former Psychiatrist I know was accused of secksual assault. The college where he was working did not back him up. Funny thing is, he was able to prove that he wasn't even there that day. The college paid off the women. However, the college also had to pay him off as he sued. Easily won, of course. He had never even seen these women, much less treated them.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Wow. Joking about these type of allegations…y’all are a different breed out here….
These type of allegations? Jeez, are we automatically assuming that he didn't do it? Last time I looked neither of us were there. All we have is his word over hers. So tell me why his word carries more weight? Is it because he is the QB for the Dallas Cowboys? What a strange statement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Another one. A former Psychiatrist I know was accused of secksual assault. The college where he was working did not back him up. Funny thing is, he was able to prove that he wasn't even there that day. The college paid off the women. However, the college also had to pay him off as he sued. Easily won, of course. He had never even seen these women, much less treated them.
People are so afraid of the allegation they are willing to fire you or get rid of you regardless of what the truth is….sad times.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Legally that's true. But in the court of public opinion it's usually the other way around. Look at OJ. He was found innocent but never really recovered.
OJ is a horrible example. At least one juror admits their decision was about Rodney King.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why is it mentioned several times in this thread that the statute of limitations has expired for this case? If this alleged event occurred in 2016 or 2017 the statue of limitations HAS NOT expired. It should be 10 years.

https://www.kevinbennettlaw.com/sex-crimes/sexual-assault/

Statute of Limitations for Sexual Assault in Texas​

In Texas, most crimes have what is called a statute of limitations, which is essentially a deadline for prosecutors. The purpose of a statute of limitations is to ensure that the state is handling cases in a timely manner and to preserve the integrity of the evidence. Once the statute of limitations is up, the prosecution can no longer file charges against the defendant for that particular crime.

The criminal statute of limitations for sexual assault with a victim who is 18 or older is 10 years. If the case involved a minor under the age of 17 at the time of the assault, then the statute of limitations will be enhanced to 20 years from the 18th birthday of the victim. When the identity of the preparator was initially unknown, then there is no statute of limitations. The victim can file a “John Doe” lawsuit and if the defendant is found months or even years later charges can still be filed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
These type of allegations? Jeez, are we automatically assuming that he didn't do it? Last time I looked neither of us were there. All we have is his word over hers. So tell me why his word carries more weight? Is it because he is the QB for the Dallas Cowboys? What a strange statement.
Personally I take a neutral approach. I don’t call her a liar just like I won’t do the same to him. I don’t believe in the guilty until proven innocent….why would we automatically assume he did it? What did I miss? Strange indeed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This sounds like Dak got poor legal advice. But, that in no way excuses his behavior. He’s an embarrassment to the star on and off the field. He’s lucky he works for an owner with equally dubious character.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score

This one seems a bit random. What were the women's motives for the accusations?

Brooksey

Reaction score

Statue of limitations is 5 years for a civil suit, 10 years for criminal charges in Texas.
After Dak sued for extortion, they filed the counter claim per Florio's article.

Dak's Lawyers will argue his Slander suit has nothing to do with the sexual assault but something to do with Extortion and try to have the claim thrown out.

It would be foolish if they didn't have some guarantees on this first before suing her.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I hope Dak takes this lying money thirsty scumbag for everything she is worth ....... Women who make up crap like this should spend time in jail.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This sounds like Dak got poor legal advice. But, that in no way excuses his behavior. He’s an embarrassment to the star on and off the field. He’s lucky he works for an owner with equally dubious character.
No he didn't get poor legal advice. He has one of the best in the nation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No you just implied that she is a liar with the earlier statement of "these kinds of allegations." It's an allegation, loading it the way you did already revealed the bias.
What? I'm biased because I called them "these kind of allegations"? If I was biased I would've called these "lies" or
"frivolous allegations"......wait what do you think allegation means?