Dak Prescott's decision to sue for extortion might have opened door for sexual assault claim

shabazz

Reaction score
You've always been a class act brother.
My hope is that if and when we get a new QB, we might all get behind him but human nature says that the anti Dak guys will love everything he does and the pro Dak guys will loathe him.......it's just human nature, lol

But the main thing is just keep it about performance on the field

Creeper

Reaction score
Interesting. But Florio does not mention the criminal statute. What is the statute of limitations for a criminal charge? It maybe the criminal charge that Dak's lawyers were attempting to pre-empt.

At the same time, what if Dak has conclusive evidence he did not assault this woman? He has an open and shut case, then the rest if moot. He wins and by doing so he shuts down both the civil and criminal possibilities against him.

It brings up an interesting question. If you are falsely accused for something like this do you act passively or aggressively to defend yourself, and how do you do it?

Finally, statutes of limitation are not absolute. See the E. Jean Carroll case in NY. That was a 30 year old alleged incident that had long past the statute of limitations, until it didn't.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hope is that if and when we get a new QB, we might all get behind him but human nature says that the anti Dak guys will love everything he does and the pro Dak guys will loathe him.......it's just human nature, lol

Its my opinion....that 99.9% of people thats exactly what it is. Its just the definition of that creates the descrepancy.
These accusations of "hate" and "not about football" are vile and have no place here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Florio is/was a lawyer and lawyers will firmly believe their side is riight/justified no matter which side they are on, even if they switch sides in mid-sentence.

That's not because lawyers are bad people, but because lawyers are trained to see the law from their client's viewpoint, which is not objective, but is necessary to successfully do their job.

When you remove the client from the lawyer, the lawyer is free to make any argument they want, but if they are incentivized to argue one side over the other (as Florio is for clicks), then the incentive becomes the pseudo-client and again, they get tunnel-visioned.
Florio is the same guy that saw the "Dez video" and promised to apologize if nothing came from it.

Still waiting on that lol

shabazz

Reaction score
Its my opinion....that 99.9% of people thats exactly what it is. Its just the definition of that creates the descrepancy.
These accusations of "hate" and "not about football" are vile and have no place here.
It's not so much the childish " hate" thing but more about folks automatically disliking the next qb because the guy that they defended was shown the door......and the other side now defending the new guy just because he ain't the previous guy.

The hate thing is usually thrown out there when one side feels like they are losing the debate and it shifts the argument on to a different topic.

I'm not on any type of social media other than this so I would guess it's probably running rampant on those sites

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

just like Romo...so what is new around here?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Then why are you accusing her already of extortion? Dak is charging her with extortion. Leave that to the court and/or jurors to decide with whatever evidence can be presented. Oh i forgot, just like on the football field, Dak can do no wrong.
Because extortion is pretty obvious. As an example if you send a letter to a millionaire that you met once and claim that they sexually assaulted you five years ago when you met and they need to pay you $100 million dollars for you to keep quiet, you have just committed extortion.

conner01

Reaction score
If true, major screw up by the attorney.
The statute of limitations is 10 years and since they sent the letter you would assume they planned to at least file a civil case well before the statute of limitations expired for the civil case already. Seems like a reach by florio. He doesn’t say whether he’s talking civil or criminal but criminal case is a long time

conner01

Reaction score
This story/thread has nothing to do with criminal charges
It doesn’t matter in civil case either. She had already threatened to sue in the extortion letter so she could have filed if she had a case

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
My hope is that if and when we get a new QB, we might all get behind him but human nature says that the anti Dak guys will love everything he does and the pro Dak guys willii loathe him.......it's just human nature, lol

I'll give him 8 years of historical amounts of money before I decide if he's good or bad. :D