Dak QBR 58.5

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Dak's on my fantasy team so him running for 49 yards a game is good IMO. :)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah it was interesting seeing that. But I'll take wins a 75% completion percentage 250ypg with a 5 to 1 TD ratio any day.

Yep.

All day, every day, and twice on Sundays…

Was not a fan of 400+ yard Dak. I realize him throwing that much was born out of necessity, but it was too unbalanced.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
So basically, looking at that ranking, we enter this game with the Giants at a QB disadvantage.

Thoughts?

That's absolutely ridicules. Anyone who thinks Daniel Jones is a better QB over Dak needs to be gagged and flogged. Lol

Question for you,.. Would you rather have Daniel Jones as our QB?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are my eyes deceiving me? This is probably the best Dak Prescott has ever played in his career and his QBR metric seems pretty low. He's in the same range as Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson, Josh Allen.

2021 NFL Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

Dak Prescott Stats | ESPN

QBR is a stat invented by ESPN.
- Dak has a QB rating of 116.9 which is currently 4th in the league.
- It's higher than any of his previous season's for QB rating.

2021 QBR:
Brady: 61.4
Aaron Rodgers: 55.8

Dak has a 58.5 QBR, the 2nd lowest of his career. I'll let you guess which stat is the best representation of QB performance.

khiladi

Reaction score
Shows how completely bogus Dak-stans were the last five years yapping on meaningless stats to prop up mediocre and average play. The “eye test” tells you it’s obvious Dak is playing the best ball of his career, whatever the reasons one wants to invoke for it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's absolutely ridicules. Anyone who thinks Daniel Jones is a better QB over Dak needs to be gagged and flogged. Lol

Question for you,.. Would you rather have Daniel Jones as our QB?

Whether Jones is a better QB is not the issue. QBR says he is doing more.. which he is.. mainly that's attributable to his running numbers.. He has 188 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs.. So he's killing Dak on the ground while simultaneously not sucking in the passing game. Nobody would trade Dak for Jones straight up.. but through four games, Jones has been asked to do more for his team and has gotten less help... The funny thing is that Dak has spent a lot of the last two games in handoff mode.. which has been hurting his QBR because those are counted as plays where the QB has no impact. And Cowboy fans should not mind it one bit.. I hope Dak is in handoff mode the entire 4th quarter for the next 13 weeks..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak’s QB rating, not his QBR, is top 4 most likely because of his last game. He threw 4 TDs on a lower number of attempts. The amount of TDs you through on less attempts is going to have a pretty high impact.

But again, that rating is meant to assess how well the QB passes and doesn’t include things like play calling, his runs or the team he’s on and the weapons he has around him. The heavy reliance on the run game has shot up his red zone TDs off TOs generated by the defense in scoring territory. In reality, many of the TDs are basically getting what Moore wanted to go from the beginning. It also doesn’t take into account rules, which is why the MODERN DAY QB dominate the top of the lists.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
QBR is a stat invented by ESPN.
- Dak has a QB rating of 116.9 which is currently 4th in the league.
- It's higher than any of his previous season's for QB rating.

2021 QBR:
Brady: 61.4
Aaron Rodgers: 55.8

Dak has a 58.5 QBR, the 2nd lowest of his career. I'll let you guess which stat is the best representation of QB performance.

Passer rating is woefully insufficient because it fails to take into account anything but passing numbers.. So a QB could take 10 sacks, fumble 4 times but complete 75% of his passes and throw a couple of TDs and still have a high passer rating. QBR is not perfect.. but it's better than passer rating.. because it tries to grade the whole player.. not just one thing he is asked to do.

Reaction score

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Whether Jones is a better QB is not the issue. QBR says he is doing more.. which he is.. mainly that's attributable to his running numbers.. He has 188 rushing yards and 2 rushing TDs.. So he's killing Dak on the ground while simultaneously not sucking in the passing game. Nobody would trade Dak for Jones straight up.. but through four games, Jones has been asked to do more for his team and has gotten less help... The funny thing is that Dak has spent a lot of the last two games in handoff mode.. which has been hurting his QBR because those are counted as plays where the QB has no impact. And Cowboy fans should not mind it one bit.. I hope Dak is in handoff mode the entire 4th quarter for the next 13 weeks..

I understand that, brother. But that wasn't what I was getting at. Daniel Jones is not a better QB. Not even close, IMO. I don't care what that rating system says. You'd (not YOU, generally speaking) be the town fool if 'right now' you'd choose Jones over Dak to build your team around. I don't see how anyone would take Jones over Dak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I understand that, brother. But that wasn't what I was getting at. Daniel Jones is not a better QB. Not even close, IMO. I don't care what that rating system says. You'd (not YOU, generally speaking) be the town fool if 'right now' you'd choose Jones over Dak to build your team around. I don't see how anyone would take Jones over Dak.

Yeah.. as always stats can only tell part of the story. At some point you really need to watch the games.. Even though Jones has improved over his previous playing like hot dawg doo this year one nice 4 game stretch does nothing to vault him ahead of better players like Dak in my mind. What's funny to me is people crowing about Jones' 80 yard TD run that was called back because of holding act as if he would not have been tackled after a 10-15 yards if NOT for the holding by not one but TWO receivers down the field on that run.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Are my eyes deceiving me? This is probably the best Dak Prescott has ever played in his career and his QBR metric seems pretty low. He's in the same range as Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson, Josh Allen.

2021 NFL Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

Dak Prescott Stats | ESPN

Jameis Winston rated #4 tells me all I need to know about that bogus rating system. Winston has 3 games where he has not even passed for 150 yards and the other game he only passed for 226. Averaging 153 yards per game passing. His team is 2-2 and actually has a very good defense. Only put up 7 points on the Panthers. Dak and company throttled those guys.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Every year, year after year Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, Russel Wilson and Patrick Mahomes are at or near the top 5 in passer rating but the stat is meaningless. Whatever. The stat is the single best way we have at the moment to evaluate the play of the quarterback. It is no coincidence that in 2016 and this year, Daks 2 best years so far, he has hit the top 5 in QB rating. Every other year he has been outside the top 10.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Jameis Winston rated #4 tells me all I need to know about that bogus rating system. Winston has 3 games where he has not even passed for 150 yards and the other game he only passed for 226. Averaging 153 yards per game passing. His team is 2-2 and actually has a very good defense. Only put up 7 points on the Panthers. Dak and company throttled those guys.

Surely you understand that early season rankings must be taken with a whole box of salt. One extreme game in either direction can skew the small sample size. I think we need to watch at least half a season before we believe our eyes on any of them.