Dak said it best regarding Austin

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

Bizwah

Reaction score
I believe the Chiefs provided the blueprint on how we can use Austin. Look at how they use Tyreek Hill. Hill splits out wide on occasion, takes the bubble screen on occasion, runs the jet sweep.

They are pretty similar in size and speed.

Number1

Reaction score
There's no downside here. I was on board with getting him when it was rumored he was possibly on the outs the with Rams.

All I am saying is this chatter that WR isn't a problem because Austin is a stud freed from the shackles of the Rams ready to blossom in Dallas is a bit premature at this point.

normally I'd agree but here's the thing, Tavon is awesome at Y or Z. I have no idea what went on in LA, but the OC who can't use Austin is missing common sense

unleashed is likely an understatement

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Everyone has always been enamoured by his potential. And I am sure he looks great in shorts and in practice where they arent tackling. Lets see how he does when guys are trying to take his head off and hammering him over the middle all game. Fumbling has been an issue. Staying healthy has been an issue. He would have to change his fortunes there.
A poo poo here, a poo poo there, here a poo there a poo every time a poo poo.....

visionary

Reaction score
The lame response is always the "you are a hater". It takes little intellect to use that dumb line as a rebuttal.

It's not hate. It's reality. He's done pretty much nothing in 5 years, certainly never living up to the hype. The odds are that he will never become the player he was envisioned to be when taken in the Top 10. Does it mean he can't? Of course not. Anything is possible. But should one just expect he's now going to turn into a stud because he's now in Dallas? Of course not.

The proper way to view Austin is simply just hope he's a productive player that makes a couple of big plays for us this year. For what we got him for, that's would be a big win. I don't need him to be a superstar WR for us. I just need him to be a good one and productive.

If he turns out to be a surprise and be even better than good, but actually a great WR for us? That would be downright awesome.

I think the "hope" arises from the idea that our HC is a better offensive mind than his previous HC/OC

:grin:

kumizi

Reaction score
The Rams had the #1 offense in the league and one of it’s brightest football minds.

I hope Austin contributes here but I seriously doubt the Rams give a bleep.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked him coming out. And like what we’re hearing from camp. I’m dubious, though. How often does a top ten pick not get his chances? I’ll be happy if he can just stretch the field.

kumizi

Reaction score
Watching the Real Sports segment on Sean McVay really made me angry about our coaching situation. Theyve got a genius. We got clapper and a 90 year old.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
He had one of the greatest offensive minds in the game last year, and he put him on the shelf.

Yep. Gurley, Woods, Watkins, kupp, higgins were mcvays guys. Austin not included. I kept telling people McVay wanted things his way and didn't care much for Austin "the gadget player".

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Why can't we use Austin like the Eagles used Desean Jackson? Jackson was a home run hitter with elite speed. Seems like Austin should be able to go deep.........

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Why can't we use Austin like the Eagles used Desean Jackson? Jackson was a home run hitter with elite speed. Seems like Austin should be able to go deep.........

That's how Austin should have been used with the rams. Dallas will be sending he and Beasley deep this season. Dak has been tossing the rock down field pretty well in camp also.

They are gearing up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Look, Im glad we brought in Austin. Maybe it clicks. If not, its limited downside.

Still, it does beg the question
So the Rams...with some of the better creative offensive minds in the world last year....didn't know how to use Austin as well as.....Garrett and Linehan?

:huh:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I use hater when I see hater things! And what you are doing now in this thread is a hater thing.

You don't need Austin to be a superstar because it would make you look the opposite of smart.

I love the fact that you will always lose your cool when you see a thread related to a player you dispise deep down.

I will not go back and forth with you like last time because I know your purpose in threads like this.

You can't stay away from such temptation even when you know you are supposed to!!!

Enjoy the article

This is the epitome of an unintelligent reply. Completely ignore every single one of the legitimate points made and just attack the messenger. It's lazy and intellectually void of any merit. Be better than this. It makes the fan base look bad.