Twitter: Dak Says Collins Is Playing RT and Steele Is Play LT Sunday

conner01

Reaction score
Why not just put Collins at LT?
That’s what I was thinking
He prefers the left side
Seems better having one guy playing a new position as opposed to one guy who hadn’t played in 2 months and another guy playing a new position

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Steele AND Williams on left side is big red flag for me.

Cowboys will become predictable in running game.
Why
Both are really good at run blocking
I’d be more concerned about communication in pass blocking

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, really. They did not make the decision to start him at RT instead of starting him at LT to "send him a message," they did it because they think that's the strongest configuration of the OL, at least for this game.

You know, they're right there in the facility with him, if they want to "send him a message," they can just talk to him. Which I'm sure they have. Because the coaches are grown-ups, not middle-schoolers. I'm quite sure they're not sitting there thinking, "Man, it's really important that we let Collins know right now that we're replacing him next year. I wish there was some way that we could communicate that to him. I know! If we play him at RT (where he's played most of his NFL career) vs. LT (which he's never played in the NFL), he's sure to get the message!"

Yea, because when you talk to these guys, they listen to your WORDS.
Hey, didnt big Mike have a talk tot eh team right before they broke for the bye week? Didnt big Mike tell them to not do anything stupid, if you need rides make sure you call for one? You know, talk to them all like men, not middle schoolers. Then less than 24 hrs later we had one of those same "Men," get popped for a DUI?

fivetwos

Reaction score
really??? so you thik a guy that was given a 50 million dollar contract is being sat on the bench because they dont think he is one of their best 5 olineman?
You cant say he isnt healthy, they lined him up at fullback last week and ran a few plays.
Collins even said this week he is a natural on the left side... so if he says hey, im good on the left, im actually better over there, that they would then grab Steele, who is just getting comfortable at RT and move him to LT?

The Cowboys want Collins on the team, but they cant continue to have a child costing the team with his getting into trouble over stupid stuff. Fish reported last week that the Cowboys brass is not happy with him... and not over on field things.
Not to mention he is probably being tested three times a week and the next time he thinks he can just not show up he is gone for probably 17 games.

I don't see any way they don't cut him before the 2022 league year kicks in.

Think back to what probably happened last year...he got fat figuring there would be no season and hurt himself trying to get back into shape. Of course that's a guess but it probably isn't 100% false. I can see why they are pissed at him. Considering he was once in Jerry's circle of trust, heckuvan accomplishment to find your way out of it.

conner01

Reaction score
Collins feels he is natural on the left side but i still dont think the coaches trust him.
Obviously they felt Steele was the better option
I thought the opposite but what do I know

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He played left tackle at Tech his freshman season

It’s the long term move. Collins gets his job back meanwhile Steele gets meaningful reps at LT while smith misses a few weeks

If Steele is able to play LT and play it at a solid level, he will be the biggest gift as an UDFA since Tony. Again, I’m not doubting him again. The guy I saw last year was not an NFL OT, and he is a legit starter now. I hope he keeps making us doubters look bad.

Manster68

Reaction score
This coaching staff has made a whole lot more wise and winning decisions than any other this century. Seeing how Bill Parcells is among that group should speak volumes.

I think I'll trust this coaching staff.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Collins is the better OT. Keeping him beside Zack Martin improves the run game. We have to chip and help Steele anyway, so help him on the left.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Put me down for defense with next year’s 1st rounder - pass rusher or linebacker.

I think the team still needs to find out what (if anything) they have in Josh Ball and Mitch Hyatt (still around last I checked).

I'm expecting nothing from Ball and Hyatt but I do agree I don't think the defense is out of the wood work....they could still use some cheap talent on it. You can never have enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm expecting nothing from Ball and Hyatt but I do agree I don't think the defense is out of the wood work....they could still use some cheap talent on it. You can never have enough.

Given the current and future departures at linebacker, I think they need to add there. And I also think they move on from Lawrence and look at drafting a replacement.

I think they have to at least see what they have at offensive tackle for a year.