Dak should carry this offense

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak has been outstanding all year. He leads the league in QBR. He is without doubt a top-5 QB playing at an elite level.

Dak and Cooper are our two best players, and have been for over a year.

This has been the most disappointing Cowboys team I can remember. There is blame for almost everyone except for the two studs I mentioned.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak was the only reason we had any chance to win. That’s how.

You didn’t try to discredit Dak, but the mouth-breathing trash in this thread certainly did.
He wasn't the only reason. His receivers were making amazing catches. Yes, the throws were damn near perfect for them to make those catches, but you have to credit them as well. The toe touches, and especially Cobb's TD catch around the defender's legs were phenomenal.

But as has been mentioned, you don't need to year Zeke down to build Dak up. The Oline was pass blocking very well, but run blocking like crap. If it were the other way around, you'd say it wasn't Dak's fault because they didn't block for him. So why doesn't Zeke get the same consideration?

Nav22

Reaction score
He wasn't the only reason. His receivers were making amazing catches. Yes, the throws were damn near perfect for them to make those catches, but you have to credit them as well. The toe touches, and especially Cobb's TD catch around the defender's legs were phenomenal.

But as has been mentioned, you don't need to year Zeke down to build Dak up. The Oline was pass blocking very well, but run blocking like crap. If it were the other way around, you'd say it wasn't Dak's fault because they didn't block for him. So why doesn't Zeke get the same consideration?
I think it’s pretty obvious when I say “Dak was the only reason” that the guys catching his passes did a very good job as well.

Dalvin Cook broke tackle after tackle last night. Even when it looked like he’d be stuck for a loss or no gain.

Zeke didn’t break a single tackle or make one guy miss all night. He even had a few plays in space where he got tripped up by the 1st defender.

Sorry, but no, it wasn’t JUST the blocking.

Cook ran like a guy who’s trying to get paid, Zeke ran like a guy who’s already been paid.

It’s nice of you to defend Zeke.

I also think that you’re smart enough that if you had a shot at a re-do, you would NOT have paid Zeke what we paid him. RBs are rarely worth that kind of big-money deal and Zeke’s no exception.

Oh, he’s also dumb as rocks with his off-field decision-making. There’s that too. Amazingly, we rewarded him for that. Nobody would be surprised by a “BREAKING NEWS: Zeke arrested for ___” headline.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it’s pretty obvious when I say “Dak was the only reason” that the guys catching his passes did a very good job as well.

Dalvin Cook broke tackle after tackle last night. Even when it looked like he’d be stuck for a loss or no gain.

Zeke didn’t break a single tackle or make one guy miss all night. He even had a few plays in space where he got tripped up by the 1st defender.

Sorry, but no, it wasn’t JUST the blocking.

Cook ran like a guy who’s trying to get paid, Zeke ran like a guy who’s already been paid.

It’s nice of you to defend Zeke.

I also think that you’re smart enough that if you had a shot at a re-do, you would NOT have paid Zeke what we paid him. RBs are rarely worth that kind of big-money deal and Zeke’s no exception.

Oh, he’s also dumb as rocks with his off-field decision-making. There’s that too. Amazingly, we rewarded him for that. Nobody would be surprised by a “BREAKING NEWS: Zeke arrested for ___” headline.
I certainly didn't think he was worth that kind of money. But how much he gets paid has absolutely nothing to do with why we lost.

Our defense was tackling like they practice tackling on blow up dolls. Lee, LVE, Jaylon....pretty much everyone but DLaw was missing tackles, when they had position and angle to make it. It was horrible.

The only good things happening last night were Dak and his receivers, but again, that has a lot to do with them honing in on stopping Zeke...which they did.

Nav22

Reaction score
I certainly didn't think he was worth that kind of money. But how much he gets paid has absolutely nothing to do with why we lost.

Our defense was tackling like they practice tackling on blow up dolls. Lee, LVE, Jaylon....pretty much everyone but DLaw was missing tackles, when they had position and angle to make it. It was horrible.

The only good things happening last night were Dak and his receivers, but again, that has a lot to do with them honing in on stopping Zeke...which they did.
Why aren’t you giving any credit to Dalvin Cook?

Our LBs all just magically forgot how to tackle?

But the Vikings LBs are all Dick Butkus?

You’d have a case if Zeke was making the 1st guy miss and still getting bottled up for minimal gains.

Did Zeke break ONE tackle last night? Did he make ONE defender miss last night?

Brax

Reaction score
“He needs Zeke” is dead.

“He’s only good when Zeke dominates” is dead.

“We need to feed Zeke in order to win” is dead.

“Any QB can do what Dak does if they had Zeke and this OL” is dead.

This is a passing league and we have a damn good QB. His biggest haters still won’t admit that because they’re mouth-breathing trash, but this isn’t meant for them. We can smile and nod politely at them as an official stance.

Unfortunately, we paid an undeserving, immature clown of a RB a ton of money to be average. That cost us a crucial game last night. Zero chance we would have ran twice with a cheap RB at the end there like we did with Zeke.

The organization mixed up correlation with causation. “But our record is X-X when Zeke runs 20+ times or for 100 yards!” That’s because in those games we’re either playing with a lead or we’ve passed successfully as well.

When do we EVER win when Dak plays like crap? We don’t. Just like we didn’t win when Romo played like crap.

The QB nearly overcame our garbage run game and our garbage defense last night. Dak isn’t just a damn good QB, he’s a tremendous leader with an incredible work ethic. He deserves to be the engine of this offense. He has proven that and EARNED that right. Zeke’s contract can no longer get in the way of common sense if this team wants to be better than average.

Orlando Scandrick said it best on “Undisputed” last week when comparing Carson Wentz to Dak. “Some guys play QB because it’s a position. Dak plays QB because it’s a lifestyle.”

Hand him the keys to the offense, permanently.

Cut your losses with Zeke. Nobody would trade for his garbage contract, but we can at least start phasing him out a bit. He has no business getting 20+ touches vs a good defense when they’ve already shown early on that they’re stuffing the run.

Sad that we learned nothing from the playoff loss to the Rams. Zeke was utterly useless that night while Dak played well and gave us a chance to win.

Just like last night.
Shut down Zeke outcome = Loss, pretty simple plan even Jerry could see. What happened to clutch Dak, 4th quarter Dak? Last night 4th down game on the line bad read and bad throw cost the game simple as that. Dak has made huge improvements this year but he still can't shoulder the team and carry them.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Because a team shuts down our run game certainly does not mean the running back is useless. It means the OC needs to be more creative with how he is using said RB. Screens, underneath routes, Texas routes etc....none of which were even attempted last night. Moore is hurting this team with unimaginative play calling. He simply has to do better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why aren’t you giving any credit to Dalvin Cook?

Our LBs all just magically forgot how to tackle?

But the Vikings LBs are all Dick Butkus?

You’d have a case if Zeke was making the 1st guy miss and still getting bottled up for minimal gains.

Cook isn't the only one they had trouble with, and while he's certainly a very good RB, our LBs should be able to stop him a lot more than they did. And it's not the first time we've seen them struggling to tackle.

As for Zeke, he wasn't good, but he needs some type of momentum to break tackles, which isn't going to happen when you're getting hit behind the LoS.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Our O is the envy of every QB in the league, and Prescott has been running it at a high level it's not the problem. Right now our D is trying to find an identity, and they don't have it together yet. The talent is there it's just a matter of time when they get it going. This team will be unstoppable.

Ezekiel did his job. He's not going to run for 5 yards a carry against every team. They obviously schemed to stop him, and Prescott had a huge game because of it. Some teams will focus on stopping Prescott and Ezekiel will churn out a big game while Prescott struggles. Either way it's pick your poison.

I went away from last nights game optimistic not pessimistic.

Nav22

Reaction score
Cook isn't the only one they had trouble with, and while he's certainly a very good RB, our LBs should be able to stop him a lot more than they did. And it's not the first time we've seen them struggling to tackle.

As for Zeke, he wasn't good, but he needs some type of momentum to break tackles, which isn't going to happen when you're getting hit behind the LoS.
He didn’t get hit BEHIND the LOS on more than a handful of carries. Weak excuse.

I noticed you didn’t answer my questions directly. I’ll ask again.

CWR

Reaction score
“He needs Zeke” is dead.

“He’s only good when Zeke dominates” is dead.

“We need to feed Zeke in order to win” is dead.

“Any QB can do what Dak does if they had Zeke and this OL” is dead.

This is a passing league and we have a damn good QB. His biggest haters still won’t admit that because they’re mouth-breathing trash, but this isn’t meant for them. We can smile and nod politely at them as an official stance.

Unfortunately, we paid an undeserving, immature clown of a RB a ton of money to be average. That cost us a crucial game last night. Zero chance we would have ran twice with a cheap RB at the end there like we did with Zeke.

The organization mixed up correlation with causation. “But our record is X-X when Zeke runs 20+ times or for 100 yards!” That’s because in those games we’re either playing with a lead or we’ve passed successfully as well.

When do we EVER win when Dak plays like crap? We don’t. Just like we didn’t win when Romo played like crap.

The QB nearly overcame our garbage run game and our garbage defense last night. Dak isn’t just a damn good QB, he’s a tremendous leader with an incredible work ethic. He deserves to be the engine of this offense. He has proven that and EARNED that right. Zeke’s contract can no longer get in the way of common sense if this team wants to be better than average.

Orlando Scandrick said it best on “Undisputed” last week when comparing Carson Wentz to Dak. “Some guys play QB because it’s a position. Dak plays QB because it’s a lifestyle.”

Hand him the keys to the offense, permanently.

Cut your losses with Zeke. Nobody would trade for his garbage contract, but we can at least start phasing him out a bit. He has no business getting 20+ touches vs a good defense when they’ve already shown early on that they’re stuffing the run.

Sad that we learned nothing from the playoff loss to the Rams. Zeke was utterly useless that night while Dak played well and gave us a chance to win.

Just like last night.

All of their Dak arguments are being lost. They keep moving the goal posts. Its pathetic some people cant admit they were wrong and simply root for the qb of their team. At this point I have my doubts they are actually Cowboys fans.

CWR

Reaction score
Our O is the envy of every QB in the league, and Prescott has been running it at a high level it's not the problem. Right now our D is trying to find an identity, and they don't have it together yet. The talent is there it's just a matter of time when they get it going. This team will be unstoppable.

Ezekiel did his job. He's not going to run for 5 yards a carry against every team. They obviously schemed to stop him, and Prescott had a huge game because of it. Some teams will focus on stopping Prescott and Ezekiel will churn out a big game while Prescott struggles. Either way it's pick your poison.

I went away from last nights game optimistic not pessimistic.

I dont think they will find that identity under these coaches. Our lbs have fallen off a cliff. Wish I was more optimistic.

CWR

Reaction score
This post is completely stupid. You claimed Dak should be given the keys, because we overpaid a clown RB that underperforms, yet the Vikings game plan was completely set on stopping Zeke and the Vikings were content ALL NIGHT with one safety and putting a second year safety on Cooper all night long in man coverage, with their starting CB out.

Dak’s major yardage all came on third and longs, when the OL gave him all day to throw, while our WRs were running in around in man coverage, running deep routes. The following is from the second quarter alone. Cooper on a 3rd and 12 for 20, Gallup for 15 on 3rd and 12, Jarwin for 26 on 3rd and 3, Cobb for 22 on third and 7.

Th Vikings rarely blitzed on third and when they brought a basic blitz, our OL completely stone walled them.

even Jerry Jones, drunk could see It:

yes, your poost was ridiculous absurd. The moment Vikings went two safeties, Dak took the checkdown to Zeke on a fourth down blowing the game.

You may need to look at the separation yards on that Cobb throw, along with many others. He was throwing lasers into very tight windows regardless of scheme, he performed.

khiladi

Reaction score
You may need to look at the separation yards on that Cobb throw, along with many others. He was throwing lasers into very tight windows regardless of scheme, he performed.

One throw does not establish a trend. You can try and argue all you want, but facts are facts. One single safety high with man coverage on the outside all day long that results in plenty of the sideline routes that net Dallas chunks of 8 or more yards regularly.

defenses are devoting resources against Dallas at the line...

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I dont think they will find that identity under these coaches. Our lbs have fallen off a cliff. Wish I was more optimistic.
If you think back to the Giants first Super Bowl in the 2000s that team wasn't good during the season. They struggled in all aspects, the defense didn't stick out until the playoffs, and it was like a switch was turned on.

The 2017 Eagles had a good record, but that team struggled during the season if not for Carson Wentz pulling a rabbit out of his hat time and time again, or a field-goal kicker nailing it for 60 something yards that team was average. They got better the deeper they went into the playoffs.

All I'm saying is this team has all the ingredients. They are better than that Eagles team, and better than the Giants team. Nobody should be writing them off.

Reactions: CWR

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He didn’t get hit BEHIND the LOS on more than a handful of carries. Weak excuse.

I noticed you didn’t answer my questions directly. I’ll ask again.

I honestly don't know if he did or not, but I do know I said he wasn't good last night, so I don't understand what you're trying to argue for.

Nav22

Reaction score
I honestly don't know if he did or not, but I do know I said he wasn't good last night, so I don't understand what you're trying to argue for.
I could ask you the same thing.

You defended Zeke initially by attempting to blame the OL for his struggles.

You’re being more honest now. Zeke was complete garbage and so was the decision to put the game in his hands.

The 4th-round pick on a cheap rookie deal is who we should rely on. Not the expensive, immature RB who used to be an explosive playmaker.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
This post is completely stupid. You claimed Dak should be given the keys, because we overpaid a clown RB that underperforms, yet the Vikings game plan was completely set on stopping Zeke and the Vikings were content ALL NIGHT with one safety and putting a second year safety on Cooper all night long in man coverage, with their starting CB out.

Dak’s major yardage all came on third and longs, when the OL gave him all day to throw, while our WRs were running in around in man coverage, running deep routes. The following is from the second quarter alone. Cooper on a 3rd and 12 for 20, Gallup for 15 on 3rd and 12, Jarwin for 26 on 3rd and 3, Cobb for 22 on third and 7.

Th Vikings rarely blitzed on third and when they brought a basic blitz, our OL completely stone walled them.

even Jerry Jones, drunk could see It:

yes, your poost was ridiculous absurd. The moment Vikings went two safeties, Dak took the checkdown to Zeke on a fourth down blowing the game.

You are absolutely delusional if you think this loss lies solely on the QB. No if, and/or buts about it.

What did you want? A 600yd, 6th performance?

Yeah, the QB allowed the Vikings offense to March up and down the field, at will. The QB was allowing DLineman to be the ones making downfield tackles on screens. The QB didn't cover Rudolph enough to prevent the initial 14 point hole we were in.

I'll never understand some fans blind hatred towards a single player, and you sir lead the pack.

khiladi

Reaction score
You are absolutely delusional if you think this loss lies solely on the QB. No if, and/or buts about it.

What did you want? A 600yd, 6th performance?

Yeah, the QB allowed the Vikings offense to March up and down the field, at will. The QB was allowing DLineman to be the ones making downfield tackles on screens. The QB didn't cover Rudolph enough to prevent the initial 14 point hole we were in.

I'll never understand some fans blind hatred towards a single player, and you sir lead the pack.

Who said it was solely on the QB? The defense held in the 4th, forcing a punt.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
All of their Dak arguments are being lost. They keep moving the goal posts. Its pathetic some people cant admit they were wrong and simply root for the qb of their team. At this point I have my doubts they are actually Cowboys fans.

Are you allowed to root for the QB and the RB? Or is it standard procedure to tear one down in order to prop the other up?

This thread is embarrassing.

This team is going nowhere without Zeke and Dak.

Reactions: CWR