Dak should carry this offense

CWR

Reaction score
One throw does not establish a trend. You can try and argue all you want, but facts are facts. One single safety high with man coverage on the outside all day long that results in plenty of the sideline routes that net Dallas chunks of 8 or more yards regularly.

defenses are devoting resources against Dallas at the line...

He had several tight window throws. Keep hating.

CWR

Reaction score
If you think back to the Giants first Super Bowl in the 2000s that team wasn't good during the season. They struggled in all aspects, the defense didn't stick out until the playoffs, and it was like a switch was turned on.

The 2017 Eagles had a good record, but that team struggled during the season if not for Carson Wentz pulling a rabbit out of his hat time and time again, or a field-goal kicker nailing it for 60 something yards that team was average. They got better the deeper they went into the playoffs.

All I'm saying is this team has all the ingredients. They are better than that Eagles team, and better than the Giants team. Nobody should be writing them off.

Ive thought of that as well. I remember that season and their nascar package.

One HUGE difference though. I think they got healthy and thats why they turned it on.

We are already healthy. I love your optimism though. Im just really down on our coaching and continuous cyle of underachieving.

Nav22

Reaction score
Are you allowed to root for the QB and the RB? Or is it standard procedure to tear one down in order to prop the other up?

This thread is embarrassing.

This team is going nowhere without Zeke and Dak.
Let’s say you had a re-do. Would you pay Zeke again?

Let’s see how honest you’re willing to be.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Are you allowed to root for the QB and the RB? Or is it standard procedure to tear one down in order to prop the other up?

This thread is embarrassing.

This team is going nowhere without Zeke and Dak.

You sure should be. I personally root for both, but that dont change the fact I was pissed with Zeke the last game. Sadly I have unrealistic expectations for him due to the hold out and contract.

Most games I am more than happy to give Zeke credit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We pretty much play two safeties standard in pass formations. Dak probably sees more single safety high than any other starting QB in the league. Even Goff sees way more cover 2.

how many single high does he see on 3rd and 9 after zeke goes nowhere. Lol

khiladi

Reaction score
how many single high does he see on 3rd and 9 after zeke goes nowhere. Lol

Pretty much all game long against the Vikings.. amazing isn’t it. Teams are that content doing it...

Schwartz even does it with third string CBs and linebackers against Dak..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pretty much all game long against the Vikings.. amazing isn’t it. Teams are that content doing it...

sure buddy. Lol

Nav22

Reaction score

Learn football. You’re embarrassing yourself.

The Vikings played single high on 3rd and 9? While only rushing 4?
:lmao2:

Dak owns you. Your bottom lip’s quivering.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could ask you the same thing.

You defended Zeke initially by attempting to blame the OL for his struggles.

You’re being more honest now. Zeke was complete garbage and so was the decision to put the game in his hands.

The 4th-round pick on a cheap rookie deal is who we should rely on. Not the expensive, immature RB who used to be an explosive playmaker.
I was never being "dishonest". I never said the O-line was the only reason Zeke didn't play well. But compare the holes they were giving him against the Giants to the holes they gave him last night, and there's no way they don't get a share of the blame.

The QB should always be the one whose hands you put the game in, on any team. He's the one who ultimately decides where the ball goes. I don't know how true it is, but there's a thread stating that it was Dak's decision to give the ball to Zeke on the two failed runs at the end, and then he passed to Zeke who was pretty well covered, and if that's true then for some reason Dak still had confidence in him. I don't know why they didn't just continue to throw the ball when it was working so well, and I don't really care whose decision it was...it was stupid.

Nav22

Reaction score
I was never being "dishonest". I never said the O-line was the only reason Zeke didn't play well. But compare the holes they were giving him against the Giants to the holes they gave him last night, and there's no way they don't get a share of the blame.

The QB should always be the one whose hands you put the game in, on any team. He's the one who ultimately decides where the ball goes. I don't know how true it is, but there's a thread stating that it was Dak's decision to give the ball to Zeke on the two failed runs at the end, and then he passed to Zeke who was pretty well covered, and if that's true then for some reason Dak still had confidence in him. I don't know why they didn't just continue to throw the ball when it was working so well, and I don't really care whose decision it was...it was stupid.
Fair enough.

No, the blocking wasn’t like it was vs the Giants. But 20-47 is a joke for a guy with Zeke’s supposed ability.

Any RB who played the game Zeke played should be chewed out... but considering what we’re paying Zeke, this hurts extra. We invested in him because we thought he’d be an elite RB for years to come, but he’s been nothing special. Lousy vs the few good defenses we’ve faced this year.

Just a terrible contract that will set us back. It’s a shame.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I wouldn’t use Schwartz as an example considering they’ve lost their last 3 to the cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no he shouldnt, being a pass happy offense is not the answer.. balance is best but its good to know Daks becoming capable of making defenses pay for overloading to stop zeke

better play calling..better coaches..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“He needs Zeke” is dead.

“He’s only good when Zeke dominates” is dead.

“We need to feed Zeke in order to win” is dead.

“Any QB can do what Dak does if they had Zeke and this OL” is dead.

This is a passing league and we have a damn good QB. His biggest haters still won’t admit that because they’re mouth-breathing trash, but this isn’t meant for them. We can smile and nod politely at them as an official stance.

Unfortunately, we paid an undeserving, immature clown of a RB a ton of money to be average. That cost us a crucial game last night. Zero chance we would have ran twice with a cheap RB at the end there like we did with Zeke.

The organization mixed up correlation with causation. “But our record is X-X when Zeke runs 20+ times or for 100 yards!” That’s because in those games we’re either playing with a lead or we’ve passed successfully as well.

When do we EVER win when Dak plays like crap? We don’t. Just like we didn’t win when Romo played like crap.

The QB nearly overcame our garbage run game and our garbage defense last night. Dak isn’t just a damn good QB, he’s a tremendous leader with an incredible work ethic. He deserves to be the engine of this offense. He has proven that and EARNED that right. Zeke’s contract can no longer get in the way of common sense if this team wants to be better than average.

Orlando Scandrick said it best on “Undisputed” last week when comparing Carson Wentz to Dak. “Some guys play QB because it’s a position. Dak plays QB because it’s a lifestyle.”

Hand him the keys to the offense, permanently.

Cut your losses with Zeke. Nobody would trade for his garbage contract, but we can at least start phasing him out a bit. He has no business getting 20+ touches vs a good defense when they’ve already shown early on that they’re stuffing the run.

Sad that we learned nothing from the playoff loss to the Rams. Zeke was utterly useless that night while Dak played well and gave us a chance to win.

Just like last night.

Did we win yesterday?

Is our record 8-1 or 7-2 esp against 5 of the worst teams in the NFL today?

Sure hand the team over to Dak he's doing great!!!:huh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Did we win yesterday?

Is our record 8-1 or 7-2 esp against 5 of the worst teams in the NFL today?

Sure hand the team over to Dak he's doing great!!!:huh:
You should know that you’re considered a joke here.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
“He needs Zeke” is dead.

“He’s only good when Zeke dominates” is dead.

“We need to feed Zeke in order to win” is dead.

“Any QB can do what Dak does if they had Zeke and this OL” is dead.

This is a passing league and we have a damn good QB. His biggest haters still won’t admit that because they’re mouth-breathing trash, but this isn’t meant for them. We can smile and nod politely at them as an official stance.

Unfortunately, we paid an undeserving, immature clown of a RB a ton of money to be average. That cost us a crucial game last night. Zero chance we would have ran twice with a cheap RB at the end there like we did with Zeke.

The organization mixed up correlation with causation. “But our record is X-X when Zeke runs 20+ times or for 100 yards!” That’s because in those games we’re either playing with a lead or we’ve passed successfully as well.

When do we EVER win when Dak plays like crap? We don’t. Just like we didn’t win when Romo played like crap.

The QB nearly overcame our garbage run game and our garbage defense last night. Dak isn’t just a damn good QB, he’s a tremendous leader with an incredible work ethic. He deserves to be the engine of this offense. He has proven that and EARNED that right. Zeke’s contract can no longer get in the way of common sense if this team wants to be better than average.

Orlando Scandrick said it best on “Undisputed” last week when comparing Carson Wentz to Dak. “Some guys play QB because it’s a position. Dak plays QB because it’s a lifestyle.”

Hand him the keys to the offense, permanently.

Cut your losses with Zeke. Nobody would trade for his garbage contract, but we can at least start phasing him out a bit. He has no business getting 20+ touches vs a good defense when they’ve already shown early on that they’re stuffing the run.

Sad that we learned nothing from the playoff loss to the Rams. Zeke was utterly useless that night while Dak played well and gave us a chance to win.

Just like last night.

Pssst. Here's a secret. Dak is carrying this team. Not Zeke. Not the defense. Not even the coaches.

They should have just relied on him more than Zeke. Who I feel is a waste of money and should not have been signed.

jnday

Reaction score
That’s funny. The narrative used to be that if you stopped Zeke, Dak couldn’t beat you.

Now that Dak has killed that theory, we’re supposed to discredit Dak BECAUSE they geared up to stop Zeke???

So what happens when teams play 2 deep and Zeke starts running well again?

Answer: the mouth-breathing TRASH will go back to saying that Zeke is carrying Dak and “Dak sux!”
Is “mouth breathing trash” your new insult for the week? You have repeated the phrase in every post. All of your post are full of childish insults that for some reason are allowed here. Now to the topic, stop Zeke, beat Dallas. That formula worked again. Daring Dak to beat the defense has a high success rate. Get over it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is “mouth breathing trash” your new insult for the week? You have repeated the phrase in every post. All of your post are full of childish insults that for some reason are allowed here. Now to the topic, stop Zeke, beat Dallas. That formula worked again. Daring Dak to beat the defense has a high success rate. Get over it.

His foul existence is expressed daily here with every other word being an insult.
I just ignore the fool as he really isn't worth a millisecond of my time.

stiletto

Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Dak, last night as it was going....Dak not passing to try to win the game was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. It's just one game but the coaches all should've been telling him last night to throw the ball no matter what. The fact they weren't proves they are complete Muppets.

giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Learn football. You’re embarrassing yourself.

The Vikings played single high on 3rd and 9? While only rushing 4?

Dak owns you. Your bottom lip’s quivering.

Yes, they actually were.. all game long.. the third and seven at 4:51, on the Cobb TD.. one safety deep.. plain man on the outside. you can go to 10:15 as an example on a third and five. One deep safety and they were bailed out by a bogus holding call. And so on..

Last edited: