Twitter: Dak should demand an outright release from these disloyal owners

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nobody cares about personal stats. Stats only provide talking points. The team was 8-8 last year and 1-3 this year with him and the #1 offense.

Dak will be judged by the teams success like every QB in Cowboys history.

Dak is the MVP for this team much like Romo was but it’s not enough.

And you have become just like the Romo fanactics you despised so much all of those years.
and the defense this year was 32nd, giving up 36 points a game and all time worst defense. Last year the idiot head coach blew 3 games because of his stupid ingame management, like the game against Saints and the game against vikings....

or perhaps you are suggesting the offense should have averaged 45 points a game.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He gets credit for Dalton pulling out the Giants game too? Ok. Whatever. That’s your only response. Lol

AC, you’ve become just like Romo fanatics you bashed all of those years. Full circle. Karma is hell.
Dalton didn't pull out the giants game. Dalton came in the game when cowboys had the lead and the ball on the 19 yard line...he proceeded to lose the lead and if it wasn't for an acrobatic out of this world catch by gallup, it would have been a loss, plus, in the NFL, Dak officially gets the win...

that's your response LOL

dckid

Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

Who cares? Give me a Jalen Hurts type and not have to pay Dak 40 million a year!! Cheap competent QB is the easiest path to playoff success.
Cowboys are headed towards another 10 years of 7-9 to 9-7 with this current team. So if fans are good with our previous 26 years of history, have it with another 10 with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Then explain Dak's performance last season against NO, NE, and Philly (to win the division).......so much for Dak not being a choker theory.
NO was a 12-10 game. perhaps you notice that NFL sometimes has low scoring games...but if Zeke doesn't fumble on a 4th down conversion. perhaps if Witten doesn't fumble at mid field after a catch and run, perhaps if Cooper doesn't drop a ball that hit him in the chest, perhaps, in a close game if those opportunities are presented and you capitalize, then you win the game.

Dak played hurt at Philly. that was painfully obvious......he should have been on the bench not risking his career and next contract playing with a bad shoulder.....I give him credit for braving it out.

NE...another close game...Garrett vs. Bilicheck....who do you think outsmarted whom? seriously dude.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

LOL at taking negotiation posturing as gospel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dalton didn't pull out the giants game. Dalton came in the game when cowboys had the lead and the ball on the 19 yard line...he proceeded to lose the lead and if it wasn't for an acrobatic out of this world catch by gallup, it would have been a loss, plus, in the NFL, Dak officially gets the win...

that's your response LOL
Only because he started the game. Dalton made the pass to win the game . Was it a better catch. Sure. If you want to give more credit to Dak, I don’t care . Would Dak have won if he stayed in. Probably. 2-3 versus 1-3 start doesn’t make any difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and the defense this year was 32nd, giving up 36 points a game and all time worst defense. Last year the idiot head coach blew 3 games because of his stupid ingame management, like the game against Saints and the game against vikings....

or perhaps you are suggesting the offense should have averaged 45 points a game.....
I’m suggesting as good as Dak was in coming back to make the game interesting it wasn’t enough to win more games because of the horrid starts to the games turning the ball over. Our turnovers led to about 16 points a game for our opponents.

We were last in the league in turnover differential . That’s losing football. Dak was the MVP for a losing team. Who cares?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
why wouldn't/couldn't be able to invest on defense? Lawrence is top 5 paid. Jaylon is top 5 paid. we paid Crawford, Poe, McCoy, Griffin, all mid level contracts.....the problem is none of them are paying off. its not a matter of not being able to sign. its a matter of signing all the wrong player, while letting the right players walk.....ala Byron Jones, but then again, 98% of this board wanted to get rid of Jones.....so they got their wish.

we just don't sign the right players or draft well defensively. not sure why
That’s all on our ownership .

If Dak wants to play for a Super Bowl, he should seriously consider going elsewhere .

And I certainly didn’t want to get rid of Jones. I bashed us for signing Elliott. And then Cooper since we used our 1st pick for Lamb.

We let 4 defensive starters walk and then changed our scheme and wondered why it was so horrid.

If Dak is great enough to receive the contract he wants we won’t and shouldn’t be be able to afford top 5 talent at key positions and should invest in our defense. Top 5 QB can elevate less than elite talent around them or find it in draft .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe a player who refuses to sign his tag has to wait a whole season before he can go sign with whomever else he likes, unless an agreement for a trade happens between the unsigned tagged player, the team that tagged him and another team willing to compensate the original team with agreed upon compensation (usually a draft pick or another player).
Refer to the Le’ veon Bell hold out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Only because he started the game. Dalton made the pass to win the game . Was it a better catch. Sure. If you want to give more credit to Dak, I don’t care . Would Dak have won if he stayed in. Probably. 2-3 versus 1-3 start doesn’t make any difference.
Dalton made the pass to win the game, because Dalton LOST the lead he was given....

I don't give credit to Dalton because he was handed a gift. lead and ball on the 19....
Dak would have won, without losing the lead..Dak would have won the philly game, the Pittsburgh game and wouldn't embarass us against Baltimore like Dalton did.

and just like the past two weeks, he got gifted 48 points off turnovers, defensive scoring and special teams scoring....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m suggesting as good as Dak was in coming back to make the game interesting it wasn’t enough to win more games because of the horrid starts to the games turning the ball over. Our turnovers led to about 16 points a game for our opponents.

We were last in the league in turnover differential . That’s losing football. Dak was the MVP for a losing team. Who cares?
Zeke had 6 fumbles.....

Dak had two turnover in the first half of games. two late end of game desparation throw interceptions.....

it wasn't 16 points a game...that's a ridiculous and false statement.

and so do other QBs throw Ints. in fact Tom brady threw a pick 6... a PICK 6 and yet they won the game because their defense made stops...and not give up 36 points...other defenses tend to make plays, where as this cowboys defense didn't. the problem was we needed to score on every possession and we didn't because the defense gave up scores almost in every possession. is it right to expect the offense to score on every possession in the first half?

we gave up 300 yard rushing. that has nothing to do with QB or RB fumbling. we gave up two 200 yard rushing on defense, that has nothing to do with offense. show me a team that wins when they give up more than 200 yard rushing?

and lets compare that to now. we lost to washington...got our arse handed to us. we lost to Baltimore, gave up 300 yards rushing again and got our arse handed to us....the games weren't even close.

the past two games, against to pantsies....bottom dwellers, we got 7 turnovers....and scored a defensive TD and a special teams TD and 41 points off of turnovers.....give me that if you will in the first 5 games and tell me how this team would have done.....

nobody

Reaction score
No, your wrong. You always want to lump us critics all together. I was a a critic of Romo as well.

Your colors are showing for all to see. Once the personal insults begin you have lost the argument.

And by your own admissions of expecting Dak to take a low 3o’s million contract is admission he isn’t worthy of a top 5 contract which is all most critics are saying and why our ownership hasn’t signed him.

In the end Dak like all Cowboys QB’s will be judged by the success of the team. Nobody cares about a#1 offense that can’t make the playoffs except fantasy and Dak fans.

It's funny that he labelled you as a Romosexual. You critiqued Romo a lot. Some fairly, some I thought unfairly. What he doesn't seem to understand at all is that you can be a fan of both. You can critique and be a fan. He gets so bent out of shape if anyone says anything remotely resembling even constructive criticism about Dak and immediately assumes it weirdly has something to do with Romo. The guy is obsessed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s all on our ownership .

If Dak wants to play for a Super Bowl, he should seriously consider going elsewhere .

And I certainly didn’t want to get rid of Jones. I bashed us for signing Elliott. And then Cooper since we used our 1st pick for Lamb.

We let 4 defensive starters walk and then changed our scheme and wondered why it was so horrid.

If Dak is great enough to receive the contract he wants we won’t and shouldn’t be be able to afford top 5 talent at key positions and should invest in our defense. Top 5 QB can elevate less than elite talent around them or find it in draft .
I agree that this front office sucks at signing defensive players and I am with you on signing Zeke, two years before his contract ended. that's Jones miscalculating the teams' ability to win a superbowl and he caved in. he should have let his arse stay home...

and I didn't want Poe, McCoy or Griffin. just look at my posts in the summer.....I never liked any of them. instead we should have kept Jones and could have if not handing out a contract to these chumps.

for what ever reason, we make all the wrong calls on the defensive side of the ball. I can't remember one good call. I don't even like LVE that much, given his injury history.....we should have never handed Jaylon a contract. I don't care how good lawrence is against the run, he is paid to get sacks.

and handing Dak a contract didn't stop us from having 7 of the top 5 position players on the team. and hand out 5 or 6 mid level contracts....right now, none of these big contracts are paying off, performance, injury or what ever.....

I am vehemently opposed to go searching for a starting QB in the draft....when we have defensive needs and have a QB already....you found one, an elite level one, you let him go and start gambling in the draft, you must like the thrill of the chase....

Brax

Reaction score
So, what happens if Dak refuses to sign the next franchise tag?
Is he required to sign the franchise tag?
If he doesn't sign, can he walk?
:huh:
no sign no play wait for the next year and try again

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that this front office sucks at signing defensive players and I am with you on signing Zeke, two years before his contract ended. that's Jones miscalculating the teams' ability to win a superbowl and he caved in. he should have let his arse stay home...

and I didn't want Poe, McCoy or Griffin. just look at my posts in the summer.....I never liked any of them. instead we should have kept Jones and could have if not handing out a contract to these chumps.

for what ever reason, we make all the wrong calls on the defensive side of the ball. I can't remember one good call. I don't even like LVE that much, given his injury history.....we should have never handed Jaylon a contract. I don't care how good lawrence is against the run, he is paid to get sacks.

and handing Dak a contract didn't stop us from having 7 of the top 5 position players on the team. and hand out 5 or 6 mid level contracts....right now, none of these big contracts are paying off, performance, injury or what ever.....

I am vehemently opposed to go searching for a starting QB in the draft....when we have defensive needs and have a QB already....you found one, an elite level one, you let him go and start gambling in the draft, you must like the thrill of the chase....
I agree with most. We have the most dysfunctional organization. So many poor decisions.

As far as our QB situation, I agree with Jimmy. Sign Dak and draft a QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Zeke had 6 fumbles.....

Dak had two turnover in the first half of games. two late end of game desparation throw interceptions.....

it wasn't 16 points a game...that's a ridiculous and false statement.

and so do other QBs throw Ints. in fact Tom brady threw a pick 6... a PICK 6 and yet they won the game because their defense made stops...and not give up 36 points...other defenses tend to make plays, where as this cowboys defense didn't. the problem was we needed to score on every possession and we didn't because the defense gave up scores almost in every possession. is it right to expect the offense to score on every possession in the first half?

we gave up 300 yard rushing. that has nothing to do with QB or RB fumbling. we gave up two 200 yard rushing on defense, that has nothing to do with offense. show me a team that wins when they give up more than 200 yard rushing?

and lets compare that to now. we lost to washington...got our arse handed to us. we lost to Baltimore, gave up 300 yards rushing again and got our arse handed to us....the games weren't even close.

the past two games, against to pantsies....bottom dwellers, we got 7 turnovers....and scored a defensive TD and a special teams TD and 41 points off of turnovers.....give me that if you will in the first 5 games and tell me how this team would have done.....
Our early turnovers in those early games was the difference . Dak heroically made it interesting but it was too much to overcome against playoff caliber teams.

Turnovers biggest stat in NFL. We were last in turnover differential which is losing football. Defense didn’t help .

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dalton made the pass to win the game, because Dalton LOST the lead he was given....

I don't give credit to Dalton because he was handed a gift. lead and ball on the 19....
Dak would have won, without losing the lead..Dak would have won the philly game, the Pittsburgh game and wouldn't embarass us against Baltimore like Dalton did.

and just like the past two weeks, he got gifted 48 points off turnovers, defensive scoring and special teams scoring....

The cowboys lost the lead twice when Dak was in. Double Standards?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You missed my point. This happened during the Draft, way before this season started. Jerry quickly has overpaid 7-8 other players on this team who have yet to live up to their top positional pay in the league contracts, yet the QB who has been putting up franchise record stats the past several years does not get paid???

Romo got highest positional pay TWICE, especially his first big contract not even a full year after barely winning the starting job, yet Jerry has refused to do the same for Dak who has done more?

Explain how that is fair?
How long was Romo's first big contract? You get my point, that's the Issue Jones has in his contract negations with Dak. Jones offered a great contract at 5 years and Dak spit on it. Well, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds ya because this is what happens. You get injured and you've lost most of your negation powers at the table. If Dak walks then so be it, he's not going to get more than what JJ offered him and if he does well it's a win- win situation for both teams. I'm personally tired of watching players getting paid for what, average seasons. This madness has to stop because it's killing this team. How many PRO BOWLERS do we have this year...............NONE! It's time to start CUTTING salaries on this underachieving, over hyped team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree with most. We have the most dysfunctional organization. So many poor decisions.

As far as our QB situation, I agree with Jimmy. Sign Dak and draft a QB.
I don't mind drafting a QB...develop and if Dak doesn't work, then you are ready, if he works out, then you can trade ala NE.....but I wouldn't want to spend the top 2 picks...we need defense and I would like us to trade down to mid teens this year and pick up additional picks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Our early turnovers in those early games was the difference . Dak heroically made it interesting but it was too much to overcome against playoff caliber teams.

Turnovers biggest stat in NFL. We were last in turnover differential which is losing football. Defense didn’t help .
I agree, turnovers...I read a stat few years ago, +1 turnover and you have a 70%+ chance of winning, 2+ it goes to low 90s and 3+ its almost a 100% (few exceptions)....