Twitter: Dak should demand an outright release from these disloyal owners

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The cowboys HAD the lead and at the 19 when Dak got injured....no double standard. its what was the score at that point in the game.....Dallas had the momentum, driving for another score and ball on the 19.......

A 1 Point Lead. I only bring up the lead change under dak since people are using it against Dalton. At the point Dak got injured, he was unable to win the game and there was enough time on the board that if we didn't have a decent backup, it would be assumed we would lose the game. Sure Dalton had some rust to shake off when he first stepped in; that's what happens when you don't have a chance to play for awhile because you are the backup. A 1 point lead is not a lead so huge that people should be pointing that Dalton lost Dak's lead, especially if there is no guarantee that Dak would've won the game, had he not got injured.

The thing about Dak fans is that there is a lot of: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A 1 Point Lead. I only bring up the lead change under dak since people are using it against Dalton. At the point Dak got injured, he was unable to win the game and there was enough time on the board that if we didn't have a decent backup, it would be assumed we would lose the game. Sure Dalton had some rust to shake off when he first stepped in; that's what happens when you don't have a chance to play for awhile because you are the backup. A 1 point lead is not a lead so huge that people should be pointing that Dalton lost Dak's lead, especially if there is no guarantee that Dak would've won the game, had he not got injured.

The thing about Dak fans is that there is a lot of: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...
1 point lead and ball on the 19. on the drive we scored.

and I agree that Dalton is a decent back up.....if it was Danucci we would have lost probably.

and like I said, on the same drive, we scored. it was an 8 point lead.......he lost an 8 point lead....

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His departure, should not be related to finance, but peace of mind. Why give your all to an organization, run by the Keyston Cops.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Until Dak signs a long term contract I think the Cowboys would be crazy to not keep an open mind to all possibilities.

This.

Dak has been offered contracts. He's refused them.

It's ridiculous for Dak or his fanboys to get upset about the Cowboys *thinking* about drafting a potential replacement when that's what they *should have done* as a matter of course.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How long was Romo's first big contract? You get my point, that's the Issue Jones has in his contract negations with Dak. Jones offered a great contract at 5 years and Dak spit on it. Well, you don't want to bite the hand that feeds ya because this is what happens. You get injured and you've lost most of your negation powers at the table. If Dak walks then so be it, he's not going to get more than what JJ offered him and if he does well it's a win- win situation for both teams. I'm personally tired of watching players getting paid for what, average seasons. This madness has to stop because it's killing this team. How many PRO BOWLERS do we have this year...............NONE! It's time to start CUTTING salaries on this underachieving, over hyped team.
You should be saying that towards the overpaid/underachieving players. Dak is not one of them. He has actually produced and earned big pay.

That's the difference.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either one believes Prescott is good enough to take the right team to the Big Dance or they don't. If they don't, the price doesn't matter, he's not the chosen one for them.

Now, I happen to believe he could take the right team but my problem is paying him 35-40M along with all the other high contracts, which is the real problem imo, can they field the right team?

This choosing your QB and choosing sides has played out, that got old with Romo and posters just got nuts with using whatever stats they could find to support their case. A couple of years ago, it was Prescott's record as a QB as justification, once that declined, it becomes his personal stats.

I have little doubt that Dak Prescott could take the right team to the Big Dance and every doubt the Cowboys are that team.

I wasn't here for a lot of the Romo years but over on DC.com, I did not see one poster change their opinion on the QB after all the arguing and debating. Got so bad there, they had to create a sub forum just for the Romo threads. When did the Dallas Cowboys become all about one player? We spend too much time arguing over him when there are 52 others to hammer and defend. And the coaches, oh my!

Motorola

Reaction score
Either one believes Prescott is good enough to take the right team to the Big Dance or they don't. If they don't, the price doesn't matter, he's not the chosen one for them.

Now, I happen to believe he could take the right team but my problem is paying him 35-40M along with all the other high contracts, which is the real problem imo, can they field the right team?

This choosing your QB and choosing sides has played out, that got old with Romo and posters just got nuts with using whatever stats they could find to support their case. A couple of years ago, it was Prescott's record as a QB as justification, once that declined, it becomes his personal stats.

I have little doubt that Dak Prescott could take the right team to the Big Dance and every doubt the Cowboys are that team.

I wasn't here for a lot of the Romo years but over on DC.com, I did not see one poster change their opinion on the QB after all the arguing and debating. Got so bad there, they had to create a sub forum just for the Romo threads. When did the Dallas Cowboys become all about one player? We spend too much time arguing over him when there are 52 others to hammer and defend. And the coaches, oh my!
It's going to continue as long as Cowboys Zone allows the postings concerning Prescott. Whether it's pro or con. The only conversations that will be equal or more than no. 4 will be about the playoffs and the draft prospects. Everyone will have two choices : (1) take a break from CZ Fan Zone; (2) Skip the Dak articles and posts.

ESisback

Reaction score

Dak, now it's crystal clear the Joneses are not 100% all in on you. They are outright telling you what they think and what they were trying to do to draft your replacement before this year started. Give them what they want. Make them eat their words and regret losing you. Go find a team that will truly appreciate you.

There it is, the hypersensitive butthurt mentality of today’s entitled athlete. “Pay me whatever I demand, because I can run fast with a ball. Never question me or my motives or actions. Never say anything that even IMPLIES that you have any doubts about me or plans that might not involve me. Never doubt me no matter what happens, and never even IMPLY that you might have contingency plans. Accept everything I say, and worship me until I’m done with you.”

Then add the media’s penchant to overdramatize everything for rating$...

ESisback

Reaction score
There it is, the hypersensitive butthurt mentality of today’s entitled athlete. “Pay me whatever I demand, because I can run fast with a ball. Never question me or my motives or actions. Never say anything that even IMPLIES that you have any doubts about me or plans that might not involve me. Never doubt me no matter what happens, and never even IMPLY that you might have contingency plans. Accept everything I say, and worship me until I’m done with you.”

Then add the media’s penchant to overdramatize everything for rating$...

I should add that I’d bet the farm that Dak’s not as bothered by this as most others. He’s an adult, and a leader. He knows it’s a business first. He also knows the media overdramatizes.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hurts wasn't a first rd pick, but he might turn out to be a 2nd rd steal.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s the most important position on the field and the team had one year of control over its starter. Of course they looked at QBs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No f#$%^&king way. He hasn't earned s#$%t! He's a semi-bad character on a horrible team. Last year this team should of kicked ***, but because of his poor play we got beat by DOUBLE DIGIT UNDER DOGS ( JETS & AAA EAGLES). His whole career he's struggled against teams with above average records. No, he doesn't deserve a BIG BOY contract!
You're so wrong! Lots of lies in this post. Proof is in videos throughout Dak's career.