Dak should request a trade

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's purely deflecting the responsibility. You've always been an apologist for everything Dak, even from the time we discussed the contract.
The bottom line is that we aren't going to win with Dak at QB. There is the problem with the Jones etc, but on the field, as shown in the second half of last season and yesterday he just can't step up to be the leader we need .... its the same old arguments of needing stars around him and accuracy (throwing behind receivers).
He's not going anywhere, who'd want that contract, so we'll put up with him... but stop this Group Mentality.... he's the QB.
I am far from apologist for Dak. on the contrary. I am not like you wanting to place a blame on a single point because I have an agenda to drive. I ask questions and you get bothered. if you can't logically defend your position and its purely emotionally based, then just say it. otherwise logically argue

and with that said, I have said at least a 1392 times that Dak is not elite. but you go on with your badself agenda.

and if you think Dak was the only reason we lost last night, then you have no clue sir.....or did you miss the new Williams...his name is Steele. or did you miss Fourtnette gashing us for 100+ yards on the left side.

we sucked up and down the line except maybe a couple of players.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I am far from apologist for Dak. on the contrary. I am not like you wanting to place a blame on a single point because I have an agenda to drive. I ask questions and you get bothered. if you can't logically defend your position and its purely emotionally based, then just say it. otherwise logically argue

and with that said, I have said at least a 1392 times that Dak is not elite. but you go on with your badself agenda.

and if you think Dak was the only reason we lost last night, then you have no clue sir.....or did you miss the new Williams...his name is Steele. or did you miss Fourtnette gashing us for 100+ yards on the left side.

we sucked up and down the line except maybe a couple of players.
You're deflecting again. We conceded 19 points, the Defense is taken out of any if not most criticism.
As per usual you put words in people's mouths when Dak's concerned. There were other issues with the Offense, but nothing more that most QB's face and they don't detract that Dak just isn't able to run the Offense without stars around him.

offlimits

Reaction score
Dak was terrible last night. That was the worst opening day performance by a QB1 in Dallas that I can remember. He was overpaid by a clueless owner. He's not an elite QB. As I've been saying for years on this board, he fluffs the stats against bad teams and in garbage time. The real Dak comes out in games like this on national TV against good teams.

And make no mistake, the only person I criticize more than Dak is Jerry. He and Stephen are buffoons in the world of football. They have no idea how to build a team. Dak is only the fruit of their ineptitude.

After 7! years you see his window. This is it.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I like Dak. However, if he wants to preserve his career, he really should consider asking for a trade. Jerry couldn't care less about losing. All Jerry cares about is being talked about and collecting money. That's all Jerry wants. If we win, brilliant, but he's got a never ending money machine. So, Dak should realise this and go to a team actually cares.
We don’t care about Dak or his career. We care about winning and the guy is a lousy Qb.

offlimits

Reaction score
I think it's over for Dak..he lost it sometime mid last season. When he gets back if it's the same ( it will be) with Gallup and Washington he's done.

I wish it were that simple but with that ridiculous contract, he HAS to play. Don't blame Dak... blame the Jones idiots for that deal.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're deflecting again. We conceded 19 points, the Defense is taken out of any if not most criticism.
As per usual you put words in people's mouths when Dak's concerned. There were other issues with the Offense, but nothing more that most QB's face and they don't detract that Dak just isn't able to run the Offense without stars around him.
I know what we conceded. are you want to tell me the OL was great? the WRs were great? our OC was great? none of them hold any fault in this loss? when the opposing teams say we knew their plays and plans. the OC should be embarassed.

the bucs had OL issues, but they didn't committ 10 penalties. 4 on the same drive...2 steps forward, 3 steps back. they didn't give up 4 sacks. their WRs made shoe string and one handed catches...their players made plays. if you demand perfection for us to be any good. then we have bigger issues because Dak is not perfect, will never be perfect and he is not elite. and the defense giving up 152 yards rushing. allowing the opposing team to control the clock, control the game. they knew they didn't need to score a ton of points to win this game. their game plan wasn't aggressive. it was fundamentally simple and basic.

btw, Aaron Rodgers led team scored 7 points..... is it Rodgers fault? or do the rest of the team bear any responsibility? Stafford and the superbowl champs, scored 10 points. who bears responsibility? just the QB or do the rest of the team are at fault too.

I think your problem is you think I am not blaming dak or that I am saying they all have equal blame.....what I am saying, there were plenty of fault and blame to go around. Dak bearing most of it. but he was not singularly at fault. if you think that, you either don't understand football or you have an agenda. which one is it?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I know what we conceded. are you want to tell me the OL was great? the WRs were great? our OC was great? none of them hold any fault in this loss? when the opposing teams say we knew their plays and plans. the OC should be embarassed.

the bucs had OL issues, but they didn't committ 10 penalties. 4 on the same drive...2 steps forward, 3 steps back. they didn't give up 4 sacks. their WRs made shoe string and one handed catches...their players made plays. if you demand perfection for us to be any good. then we have bigger issues because Dak is not perfect, will never be perfect and he is not elite. and the defense giving up 152 yards rushing. allowing the opposing team to control the clock, control the game. they knew they didn't need to score a ton of points to win this game. their game plan wasn't aggressive. it was fundamentally simple and basic.

btw, Aaron Rodgers led team scored 7 points..... is it Rodgers fault? or do the rest of the team bear any responsibility? Stafford and the superbowl champs, scored 10 points. who bears responsibility? just the QB or do the rest of the team are at fault too.

I think your problem is you think I am not blaming dak or that I am saying they all have equal blame.....what I am saying, there were plenty of fault and blame to go around. Dak bearing most of it. but he was not singularly at fault. if you think that, you either don't understand football or you have an agenda. which one is it?
You can't use QBR when it suits.... he was awful

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That's purely deflecting the responsibility. You've always been an apologist for everything Dak, even from the time we discussed the contract.
The bottom line is that we aren't going to win with Dak at QB. There is the problem with the Jones etc, but on the field, as shown in the second half of last season and yesterday he just can't step up to be the leader we need .... its the same old arguments of needing stars around him and accuracy (throwing behind receivers).
He's not going anywhere, who'd want that contract, so we'll put up with him... but stop this Group Mentality.... he's the QB.
Exactly. These Dak apologists give him all the praise by himself but none of the blame by himself

jsb357

Reaction score
Yea so he can thrown into triple coverage for the Lions!!!

:omg:

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I think Dak is a very good QB. What he needs is weapons, and we don't have much there. If he had a reliable WR, then he might've had a better night. Unfortunately, our WRs dropped a lot of passes.

Last night there were times the receivers were running their routes perfectly well only to have Dak throw behind them or too far ahead or above. He is not accurate and is inconsistent. And to have a QB1 in his seventh year throw that ball up for grabs to three defenders and get picked off that way is pathetic. He isn’t close to a very good QB. You sound like Jerry. Receivers dropped some balls and they are not all Jerry Rice, but when they did fine and plays were there to be made, old Dakota couldn’t make an accurate throw. As usual.

paladin

Reaction score

What part of Daks performance yesterday impressed you the most?
Honestly I have no agenda
Maybe I missed something??
I watched 50 minutes of a completely subpar QB
Making bad reads & consistently throwing behind receivers

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Last night there were times the receivers were running their routes perfectly well only to have Dak throw behind them or too far ahead or above. He is not accurate and is inconsistent. And to have a QB1 in his seventh year throw that ball up for grabs to three defenders and get picked off that way is pathetic. He isn’t close to a very good QB. You sound like Jerry. Receivers dropped some balls and they are not all Jerry Rice, but when they did fine and plays were there to be made, old Dakota couldn’t make an accurate throw. As usual.

I agree that he has to be more accurate, and I'm not disputing that. He played a crap game. However, I'm pointing out that he also had a lousy supporting cast, and his oline didn't help. I don't think he's going to have a long career if he stays here, especially since Jerry doesn't care about winning.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I agree that he has to be more accurate, and I'm not disputing that. He played a crap game. However, I'm pointing out that he also had a lousy supporting cast, and his oline didn't help. I don't think he's going to have a long career if he stays here, especially since Jerry doesn't care about winning.

You are absolutely right about the oline. And I don’t think Kellen Moore helps him either. I think there are a fair amount of times after the snap that Dak is looking at nothing but covered receivers because KM is so predictable and unimaginative.