Twitter: Dak shoulder injury?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One of the funniest things on this forum is the guys who were impressed with Zeke leading the league in rushing with the most rush attempts, downplay Dak being #2(was #1) in passing yards despite only have the 6th most attempts.

We have some really dumb fans.
It's what fits their agenda.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In a locker room interview yesterday Zeke said Dak is dealing with an AC joint. This could definitely limit Dak’s effectiveness. The Cowboys recipe for success is running the ball they’re 9-0 when Dak throws 25 times or less.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dak wont practice the whole week,this is not good because we need the passing game to work against the eagles.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
In a locker room interview yesterday Zeke said Dak is dealing with an AC joint. This could definitely limit Dak’s effectiveness. The Cowboys recipe for success is running the ball they’re 9-0 when Dak throws 25 times or less.
It comes down to how serious it really is. The MRI was negative, so that's encouraging. But you're right, even if it's a really bad bruise it will affect his throws.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It comes down to how serious it really is. The MRI was negative, so that's encouraging. But you're right, even if it's a really bad bruise it will affect his throws.

We may have to go to a shorter passing game. Might have to dink and dunk some. Get Zeke and Pollard out in space. We certainly can’t afford to get behind and have to play catch-up with the passing game. Dak may not be able to get the ball down the field effectively. Last forecast I saw had the temps in the 30s and that certainly won’t help loosen up his ailing shoulder.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Dak not throwing for a week aint going to affect him. At this point in his life it should be 2nd nature .... The only concern is his rhythm might be off to start. I dont think you can afford a slow start in Philly and expect an easy win. If Dak starts slow in first half it will make it a closer game then it should be. We always play hard against each other and the last 4 games could of went either way. Eagles being down WR 1,2 ,3 RB1,3 should be an easy win. Eagles Defense is more like swiss cheese atm then a solid object as well. I honestly dont want to see birds in playoffs this year ... Id rather them have a early start on fixing the issues that need fixing.... like the guy that forgot to put stickem on WRs gloves in 4th q :D

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak not throwing for a week aint going to affect him. At this point in his life it should be 2nd nature .... The only concern is his rhythm might be off to start. I dont think you can afford a slow start in Philly and expect an easy win. If Dak starts slow in first half it will make it a closer game then it should be. We always play hard against each other and the last 4 games could of went either way. Eagles being down WR 1,2 ,3 RB1,3 should be an easy win. Eagles Defense is more like swiss cheese atm then a solid object as well. I honestly dont want to see birds in playoffs this year ... Id rather them have a early start on fixing the issues that need fixing.... like the guy that forgot to put stickem on WRs gloves in 4th q :D
What game were you watching? The Cowboys destroyed the Eagles the first game they played this year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Yes, it will. If it didn't matter, you might as well not have any veterans practicing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We may have to go to a shorter passing game. Might have to dink and dunk some. Get Zeke and Pollard out in space. We certainly can’t afford to get behind and have to play catch-up with the passing game. Dak may not be able to get the ball down the field effectively. Last forecast I saw had the temps in the 30s and that certainly won’t help loosen up his ailing shoulder.
My guess is that they're resting him so that he's fresh for gametime. I think a lot of fans are overreacting without knowing all that the injury entails. When the story first broke and they stated he was getting an MRI, some here went off the deep end. We know there's no break, fracture or tear so I'm hoping it's bruised. I may be wrong, but if they're saying he's playing that tells me it's not that bad. You're right, he may be required shorter passes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, it will. If it didn't matter, you might as well not have any veterans practicing.
He can miss some practices and have time to warm up throwing before the game. A lot of QBs have. He's not going to have to learn to throw again.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My guess is that they're resting him so that he's fresh for gametime. I think a lot of fans are overreacting without knowing all that the injury entails. When the story first broke and they stated he was getting an MRI, some here went off the deep end. We know there's no break, fracture or tear so I'm hoping it's bruised. I may be wrong, but if they're saying he's playing that tells me it's not that bad. You're right, he may be required shorter passes.

I don't think there has been any overreaction here - I think the reaction that your QB is barely going to practice for nearly an entire week before the biggest game of the regular season is alarming. And we know the extent of the injury, it's an AC Joint problem and if the test is negative, this is most likely coming down to pain tolerance and swelling - and with Garrett's comments yesterday that it's "difficult to function", I would say Dak isn't tolerating the pain too well. Couple this with the fact that even with all the adrenaline of the game, the injury shortly after was limiting Dak to short passes already.

The only positive here is that the Eagles D is pretty "meh" so we might be able to get by with some dinking and dunking and a heavy run game.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Jerry is now saying Dak will be in "top form" on Sunday. I'm not buying it. :cool:

Sounds like pandering to me. Jerry’s panicking....
The human mind fabricates stuff like this to alter the reality of the situation. I *doubt* he won’t play, but top form is a far stretch.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He can miss some practices and have time to warm up throwing before the game. A lot of QBs have. He's not going to have to learn to throw again.

Again, if a weekly practice didn't matter, you might as well sit out all your veterans and just have them warm up before a game each week and prevent injuries....

It matters, dude. Going 5 days without practicing can impact the timing of a throw at the very least. Couple that with the fact that his injury isn't just going to go away in the next few days. I mean, even with a full week of practice, Dak often comes into games amped up and missing easy throws.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Again, if a weekly practice didn't matter, you might as well sit out all your veterans and just have them warm up before a game each week and prevent injuries....

It matters, dude. Going 5 days without practicing can impact the timing of a throw at the very least. Couple that with the fact that his injury isn't just going to go away in the next few days. I mean, even with a full week of practice, Dak often comes into games amped up and missing easy throws.
I'm not saying it doesn't matter, I'm saying QBs get injured all the time and miss practices and play fine in games. Romo was known for this. Prescott is tough and he's playing. No need to panic. I'm ok with being wrong, but given what we know I'm not panicking.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not saying it doesn't matter, I'm saying QBs get injured all the time and miss practices and play fine in games. Romo was known for this. Prescott is tough and he's playing. No need to panic. I'm ok with being wrong, but given what we know I'm not panicking.

Romo took Wednesdays off...

He didn't go an entire week with very little reps UNLESS he was seriously injured the week before (the punctured lung game, and he sucked against the Commanders the following week)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Even though there’s no fracture or tear it’s still very concerning because there’s pain involved and it could have an effect on his performance. Dak not being able to practice could cause him not to be sharp on Sunday. He’s dealing with a finger and shoulder injury on his passing arm.