Twitter: Dak shoulder injury?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It could, sure. But we don't know why he's not practicing specifically. I've had injuries to my AC. There were times I was nearly unbearable to lift my arm and other times much less of an issue. Missing practice could affect his sharpness, or he could be just fine.

He’s not throwing in practice right now because either he can’t throw or they’re giving his shoulder rest.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's not what he is doing. He's countering people saying there isn't a cause to be worried, there is.

Sure. But being worried is also a personal state of emotion. It’s tough to make the argument to somebody about how they should feel.

I was worried about this game before the Dak news broke. I don’t know if his injury makes me more worried. To be honest. If anything it makes me expect a loss even more which is mentally preparing me for it to happen. In that regard it could actually end up lowering my anxiety because I expect a loss.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He’s not throwing in practice right now because either he can’t throw or they’re giving his shoulder rest.

He cannot throw. Remember the Amari tweet? Where Dak didn’t throw the option even though Amari knows Dak would in a situation like that? It’s likely a mix of both, but what would a few days of rest do for an injured shoulder? Not doing any throws at all is not simply “resting” the shoulder. He is likely in immense pain.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I highly doubt he’d tell the reporters “Nah... I’m thinking 50/50 if I play or not”.

He WANTS to play, but the trainers and practitioners down in Frisco may not ALLOW him to if this injury is too severe. On top of that, just because he wants to play, doesn’t mean he needs to/will play. I’m sure he realizes this. He might be a game-time decision. Depends how his shoulder feels at game time. Also, if he plays, the Eagles defense WILL target that shoulder. Mentally, this injury will mess with his mindset. He will have to constantly worry about it.
OK sorry. I have to ask. Now you are listening to me and understanding these guys lie to reporters? lol. Jesus man. You kill me. Also. Look at that respect hes getting in the locker room :rolleyes:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I'm more interested in him saying he's good to go, been there - done that. You might be right, but my gut says he'll be ok.

Guess we’ll see at game time. Him saying he’s “good to go” may be the emotional side of him talking, rather than the logical side. He WANTS to play. Like Martin said, you’d have to kill him to keep him off the field. However, we don’t always get what we want.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. People are letting that performance on Sunday really go to their head. I have seen nothing from these guys to believe they can duplicate that performance in Philly. Kellen is going to have to get creative.

Its odd Dak has this injury. He seemed to not take many hits on Sunday and dodged a few would be sacks.

He got landed on in a run to the right in the middle of the first qtr.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah but it seems like you’re invested in making sure that he is worried.

I mean listen. It’s cowboys vs eagles. Anything could happen if Dak was healthy or not. Of course it would be better if he was 100%. But it is what it is at this point.

a cowboys loss with a healthy Prescott wouldn’t have surprised me in the least. So there’s no need to worry at this point.

and why I very badly want the cowboys to win. If they don’t. At least we know redball gets his walking papers in a couple weeks.

No, I am pointing out that we have a legitimate concern now heading into a game for the division and the playoffs. The very real possibility exists that we will be playing an important game with a less than 100% Prescott.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
OK sorry. I have to ask. Now you are listening to me and understanding these guys lie to reporters? lol. Jesus man. You kill me. Also. Look at that respect hes getting in the locker room :rolleyes:

Qué? Jason Garrett essentially lied to the reporters when he was talking about Dak’s hand injury. Fracture, bleeding under the nail, bruises, what’s the real answer there? Some lie. Is Dak lying? Probably not. But it’s a possibility. To outright say he cannot play is not good. Especially since the Eagles are likely going to have to plan for both Dak and Cooper Rush.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Guess we’ll see at game time. Him saying he’s “good to go” may be the emotional side of him talking, rather than the logical side. He WANTS to play. Like Martin said, you’d have to kill him to keep him off the field. However, we don’t always get what we want.
I wouldn't read into the statements made that much, but just me. Had he sad he's day to day that opinion would change. This isn't foreign to him. He's been in this situation.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He cannot throw. Remember the Amari tweet? Where Dak didn’t throw the option even though Amari knows Dak would in a situation like that? It’s likely a mix of both, but what would a few days of rest do for an injured shoulder? Not doing any throws at all is not simply “resting” the shoulder. He is likely in immense pain.

I didn’t see Amari’s tweet. The fact that Dak isn’t throwing in practice is a concern.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sure. But being worried is also a personal state of emotion. It’s tough to make the argument to somebody about how they should feel.

I was worried about this game before the Dak news broke. I don’t know if his injury makes me more worried. To be honest. If anything it makes me expect a loss even more which is mentally preparing me for it to happen. In that regard it could actually end up lowering my anxiety because I expect a loss.

Except the person is making an argument for NOT being worried. I don't really understand why you're arguing against this....

You still have to justify the claim that there is not cause to be worried. The simple fact is, there IS justification for the worry. I mean, my goodness, the very fact that Dak is being limited in practice comes directly from the worry that he might injury his shoulder even more LOL

HungryLion

Reaction score
Except the person is making an argument for NOT being worried. I don't really understand why you're arguing against this....

You still have to justify the claim that there is not cause to be worried. The simple fact is, there IS justification for the worry. I mean, my goodness, the very fact that Dak is being limited in practice comes directly from the worry that he might injury his shoulder even more LOL

I’m not really interested in arguing against it. I made one statement about my thoughts on it.

My biggest question was moreso, why does it matter if he is worried or not? Everybody’s threshold for what makes them worry is different.

Of course Dak being hurt isn’t a good thing. I don’t see anybody arguing that it isn’t a bad thing. He’s simply stating that it doesn’t reach the threshold of something that makes him worry. That’s a personal feeling. It’s not stating that Dak being hurt isn’t a bad thing.

same goes for him though too. If people are worried. Yes they are justified to feel that way too. BOTH feelings are justified to be honest. Because it’s just their personal feelings about it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Qué? Jason Garrett essentially lied to the reporters when he was talking about Dak’s hand injury. Fracture, bleeding under the nail, bruises, what’s the real answer there? Some lie. Is Dak lying? Probably not. But it’s a possibility. To outright say he cannot play is not good. Especially since the Eagles are likely going to have to plan for both Dak and Cooper Rush.
Jason trying to lie is about as bad as spider man trying to fly. It doesnt work.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
me neither but 75% is hardly everyone, you need a math lesson that leaves 25% who didnt..;")):muttley::laugh:
Perhaps you need an English / Grammar lesson ?
You lumped me in as your statement was 75% of YOU all , which when replying to someone is making them part of that 75% ... so my reply stands correct ... but thank you for your frivolous attempt at correcting me ..

Birdgang

Reaction score
What game were you watching? The Cowboys destroyed the Eagles the first game they played this year.

You do understand the word games is plural right? Do you need a definition ? Can you tell me besides this last game when its was not close " one score" difference ? I can ..... 10/20/2019 was 10-37 Cowboys , which also was the only real beating Eagles took in Dak / Wentz era ? The other 2 were Eagles wins 11/19/2017 || 37-09 and 01/01/2017 || 27-13

blueblood70

Reaction score
Perhaps you need an English / Grammar lesson ?
You lumped me in as your statement was 75% of YOU all , which when replying to someone is making them part of that 75% ... so my reply stands correct ... but thank you for your frivolous attempt at correcting me ..
you all is southern slang it could mean anything but generally speaking meant those that actually wrote it here in CZ, as we both are part of CZ I said YOU ALL.....