Twitter: Dak shoulder injury?

Sydla

Reaction score
Vegas isn't buying it. After bouncing around between Dallas -2.5 to -3.................. the line dropped significantly today where the Cowboys are now anywhere from a pick em to -1.

I think anyone thinking Dak's injury is just no big deal isn't paying attention.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Even though there’s no fracture or tear it’s still very concerning because there’s pain involved and it could have an effect on his performance. Dak not being able to practice could cause him not to be sharp on Sunday.
It could, sure. But we don't know why he's not practicing specifically. I've had injuries to my AC. There were times I was nearly unbearable to lift my arm and other times much less of an issue. Missing practice could affect his sharpness, or he could be just fine.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not saying it doesn't matter, I'm saying QBs get injured all the time and miss practices and play fine in games. Romo was known for this. Prescott is tough and he's playing. No need to panic. I'm ok with being wrong, but given what we know I'm not panicking.

Here's what we know.

Dak has never really missed practices due to injuries. We also know he hurt his shoulder in the game Sunday and there are quotes from people, including Cooper, that say he had a real tough time making certain throws in that game. Now he hasn't been able to practice all week and they ordered an MRI yesterday, which tells you something was amiss for them yesterday. Normally, if you have a concern about an injury, those MRIs come early in the week. So I bet they thought he was just sore and when they got to yesterday and he had not gotten better (maybe worse) they decided to take a precautionary MRI.

And now it comes out he won't throw today and may not throw a pass all week.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist at this point to see that there is an issue here, the Cowboys are trying to mitigate it as best they can, but there is a concern here. To suggest it's not a big deal is bizarre at this point.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Here's what we know.

Dak has never really missed practices due to injuries. We also know he hurt his shoulder in the game Sunday and there are quotes from people, including Cooper, that say he had a real tough time making certain throws in that game. Now he hasn't been able to practice all week and they ordered an MRI yesterday, which tells you something was amiss for them yesterday. Normally, if you have a concern about an injury, those MRIs come early in the week. So I bet they thought he was just sore and when they got to yesterday and he had not gotten better (maybe worse) they decided to take a precautionary MRI.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist at this point to see that there is an issue here, the Cowboys are trying to mitigate it as best they can, but there is a concern here. To suggest it's not a big deal is bizarre at this point.

Legitimate question here: what should we do? Roll with Dak or Cooper Rush?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Here's what we know.

I'm saying I'm not panicking or worried. Like how borderline hysterical you were posting when they first stated he was getting an MRI. You didn't say it was precautionary then. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. It's just my opinion.

Sydla

Reaction score
Legitimate question here: what should we do? Roll with Dak or Cooper Rush?

You have to roll with Dak but if you get to that game and we are struggling and Dak is clearly laboring and unable to make certain throws, you may have to do the unthinkable and throw Rush out there.

It may be that he simply can't make certain throws and they'll have to design a game plan around his limitations.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm saying I'm not panicking or worried. Like how borderline hysterical you were posting when they first stated he was getting an MRI. You didn't say it was precautionary then. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. It's just my opinion.

My "hysteria" from yesterday seems to be playing out accurately. He clearly has an issue with his shoulder at this point and that should concern everyone.

And you are hanging on this word precautionary but the fact is I did say pretty much the same thing yesterday:

And it's on a Wednesday. You often see precautionary MRIs right after games. If Dak had a MRI today it tells you that they thought what he had was minor but now midweek it hasn't improved so they went with a MRI.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My "hysteria" from yesterday seems to be playing out accurately. He clearly has an issue with his shoulder at this point and that should concern everyone.

Yeah but it seems like you’re invested in making sure that he is worried.

I mean listen. It’s cowboys vs eagles. Anything could happen if Dak was healthy or not. Of course it would be better if he was 100%. But it is what it is at this point.

a cowboys loss with a healthy Prescott wouldn’t have surprised me in the least. So there’s no need to worry at this point.

and why I very badly want the cowboys to win. If they don’t. At least we know redball gets his walking papers in a couple weeks.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah but it seems like you’re invested in making sure that he is worried.

I mean listen. It’s cowboys vs eagles. Anything could happen if Dak was healthy or not. Of course it would be better if he was 100%. But it is what it is at this point.

a cowboys loss with a healthy Prescott wouldn’t have surprised me in the least. So there’s no need to worry at this point.

and why I very badly want the cowboys to win. If they don’t. At least we know redball gets his walking papers in a couple weeks.

That's not what he is doing. He's countering people saying there isn't a cause to be worried, there is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Prescott is good to go, my concern would be to keep him protected and not making it worse.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not really.

If Prescott is saying he's good, I take over what fans here say.

Prescott has actually JUST said he forgot about the pain level - he is not "fine". Of course he's going to say he can play, he's a competitor, but not being able to practice the entire week before the biggest regular season game is not "fine".

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott has actually JUST said he forgot about the pain level - he is not "fine". Of course he's going to say he can play, he's a competitor, but not being able to practice the entire week before the biggest regular season game is not "fine".
Then worry all you want, I'm just stating my opinion based on experience. Agree to disagree.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Not really.

If Prescott is saying he's good, I take that over what fans here say.

I highly doubt he’d tell the reporters “Nah... I’m thinking 50/50 if I play or not”.

He WANTS to play, but the trainers and practitioners down in Frisco may not ALLOW him to if this injury is too severe. On top of that, just because he wants to play, doesn’t mean he needs to/will play. I’m sure he realizes this. He might be a game-time decision. Depends how his shoulder feels at game time. Also, if he plays, the Eagles defense WILL target that shoulder. Mentally, this injury will mess with his mindset. He will have to constantly worry about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I highly doubt he’d tell the reporters “Nah... I’m thinking 50/50 if I play or not”.

He WANTS to play, but the trainers and practitioners down in Frisco may not ALLOW him to if this injury is too severe. On top of that, just because he wants to play, doesn’t mean he needs to/will play. I’m sure he realizes this. He might be a game-time decision. Depends how his shoulder feels at game time.
I'm more interested in him saying he's good to go, been there - done that. You might be right, but my gut says he'll be ok.