Dak Supporters, Where are You?

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors at play here, you can't put it all on Dak. Though he has to be better, he also needs help.

The first quarter and a half they didn't call a single pass more then 5 yards down the field. It was all naked roll outs, swing passes and bubble screens.

Still running far too many curl routes, even though it is so plain as day that Dak is much more accurate and comfortable when throwing slants and crossing type routes.

ZERO shots down the field. What is the point of Thompson and Gallup if you have them running come back routes all game?

The whole scheme is stale and the book is out on how to stop it.

This same OC called lots and lots of shots down the field beyond 20 yards for Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson while on the Lions. Why is he no longer calling those plays for the Cowboys.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Romo couldn't compete. HIs back was done. He retired. He had a chance to revive his career with the Texans. Dak or Garrett had nothing to do with Romo retiring.

He healed, he asked to be allowed to compete. He was denied the opportunity. Then he was told that his services were no longer required so he wouldn't be allowed to compete the next season.

They didn't want Romo to compete with Dak because it wouldn't have been a competition, it would have been laughable. They were going with Dak no matter what and didn't want Romo to make him look bad. Just because Romo retired rather than going to another team doesn't mean he was going to retire if allowed to compete on the only team he wanted to play for. Dak had nothing to do with Romo retiring, Garrett had everything to do with it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
This same OC called lots and lots of shots down the field beyond 20 yards for Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson while on the Lions. Why is he no longer calling those plays for the Cowboys.

I imagine JG has something to do with it. Romo really didn't take a lot of deep shots either but he was so good teams had to respect the whole field.

Feels like the whole offense is geared around moving the chains and grinding it out.

DiResta

Reaction score
if it's any consolation (it isn't)
super-duper mvp Nick Foles looked even worse if you can believe it
9/34 for 117yards 3.4 avg 0 tds and 1 int

Dak is what he is, hopefully he will play better at least push the ball down the field
if he can't be the guy i would rather know this season than after you pay him 100M
he doesn't have to carry the team like Romo did but he has to be better than that

either way with a young team it just sucks to think about wasting time
that game was winnable to the end
as gross as it was the defense gave them a chance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He healed, he asked to be allowed to compete. He was denied the opportunity. Then he was told that his services were no longer required so he wouldn't be allowed to compete the next season.

They didn't want Romo to compete with Dak because it wouldn't have been a competition, it would have been laughable. They were going with Dak no matter what and didn't want Romo to make him look bad. Just because Romo retired rather than going to another team doesn't mean he was going to retire if allowed to compete on the only team he wanted to play for. Dak had nothing to do with Romo retiring, Garrett had everything to do with it.
Romo couldn't even practice with the team because his body was so broken down. HE was literally taking shots just to survive a game......yet....you think he could still play? Isn't him being in the booth proof that he wa adobe?You wanted Romo to die on the field?Cowboy said him a favor.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I imagine JG has something to do with it. Romo really didn't take a lot of deep shots either but he was so good teams had to respect the whole field.

Feels like the whole offense is geared around moving the chains and grinding it out.

We might want to give the ball to our superstar runningback more than 15 times a game if that's the case.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Man, I'm pulling for Dak.

But honestly, until he became our starter I rarely heard people use the scheme or coaching excuse.
That is a coverall excuse that completely allows anyone to play like **** and get away with it.
I have issues with our scheme too, but come on. Stop with the double standard and excuses.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Romo couldn't even practice with the team because his body was so broken down. HE was literally taking shots just to survive a game......yet....you think he could still play? Isn't him being in the booth proof that he wa adobe?You wanted Romo to die on the field?Cowboy said him a favor.

He was definitely practicing with the team when he came back. There were reports about how the first team offense was coming over to watch Romo move the scout team against our first team defense and making them look bad. He also said he was feeling better than he had in years once he came back. He was fully healthy and they went with Dak rather than let him compete, it was reported in plenty of places.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We might want to give the ball to our superstar runningback more than 15 times a game if that's the case.

It was hard to do that in the first half with all the penalties and them not converting any third downs.

JDSmith

Reaction score
How many more times did you want Zeke to get hit in the backfield?

He had 69 yards on 15 carries. He had a long of 17. Let's not pretend he wasn't able to get to the line of scrimmage.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No offense but doesn't matter how long anybody has been a fan. Only blaming Dak for the offensive woes shows either you dislike Dak or don't know what you're watching.
I dislike dak as a starting QB, he sucks. Stop making excuses. How bout that 4th down pass in the 4th quarter. Was it good? How bat the pass to Gallup where he could have ran for days, was that pass good? How many passed did we complete past 10 yards today? I mean this crap goes on and on . You make it like every QB that plays well just had amazing Oline play. Guess what... good QBs make plays, period. You think every pass Cousins completed today was to a wide open receiver that had 10 yards of separation? Itis the same old song and dance every tie we watch a crappy game by Dak... its his receivers, his online.... blah blah blah. So you think that the Oline was just spectacular for Fitzpatrick today, and ever time he dropped back his receivers were sperated from the defense? yeah, sure they were

kskboys

Reaction score

No way you came up w/ this sober!!!!!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yeah he had 3 or 4 bad throws out there. I'm not sure what this "all game" mess was. His receivers failed him more than he failed them.
Bahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaha... same old crap. Last year it was Dez was so bad... now you can move on to the next batch of poor receivers. I just watched a GB wr have ZERO separation and just catch a long TD *** from rodgers..... guy wasnt open at all..... still a TD

JDSmith

Reaction score
No way you came up w/ this sober!!!!!!

Which part confuses you? You think Dak could have won a competition with Romo? He can't beat Garrett in an accuracy drill. You think Romo didn't ask to compete? It was reported by multiple outlets - I'm pretty sure Garrett himself confirmed it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I dislike dak as a starting QB, he sucks. Stop making excuses. How bout that 4th down pass in the 4th quarter. Was it good? How bat the pass to Gallup where he could have ran for days, was that pass good? How many passed did we complete past 10 yards today? I mean this crap goes on and on . You make it like every QB that plays well just had amazing Oline play. Guess what... good QBs make plays, period. You think every pass Cousins completed today was to a wide open receiver that had 10 yards of separation? Itis the same old song and dance every tie we watch a crappy game by Dak... its his receivers, his online.... blah blah blah. So you think that the Oline was just spectacular for Fitzpatrick today, and ever time he dropped back his receivers were sperated from the defense? yeah, sure they were
Overreact much, guess I hit a nerve. Go ahead and show me where I said he was perfect. Actually what I said is if you only blame Dak, which means Dak as well since you can't comprehend, then you haven't a clue about football. Tell us all the good plays Dak made today or did you bypass those and only watch the negatives.

Let me ask you a question, do you only blame Dak for the loss to Atlanta last year? And way too try and compare Cousins who has a better team and coaching then Dallas, you get an E for effort