Dak Thinks 8-8 establishes him as marquee?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.
giphy.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Only one QB has a better record in the entire nfl that Dak has since he came into the league
That’s pretty dang good
yes but your ignoring his recent w/l record, and his playoff record of of 1-2.
No one is denying dak had a good rookie season, but after that he has been mediocre.
And I dont deny he is a good qb, he just isnt a difference maker like mahomes or maybe Jackson is.

And then there is the whole issue of how much is he worth to keep him, or would the team be better off with another qb who is cheaper.
I would play him on the tag this year and see how he does with the new coaches, and then decide, but to just commit a huge amount
to him now is a big gamble that might not pay off.
If they sign him they are stuck with him regardless of how he does this season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
if it’s such a team sport and quarterback is just another cog in the machine position why pay dak so much more then any one else? wouldnt it be better in a team sport to invest more in the rest of the team then if dak or another qb can not impact the game that much?

The figure of merit people use for "too much money for a QB" is around 14%. A little higher, a little lower. Putting 100% of the record on the QB is vastly overestimating that 14%.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MY ANSWER to the OP is this...when the alternative is 3-13...THEN YES...8-8 looks pretty damn good. Fair or not, Dak needs to be here. The alternative aint good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW..Dak did lead us to a 13 win season if Im not mistaken,as a Rookie.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
First, you implying a $40 million price tag doesn’t carry any weight. Most reports indicate the asking price is more in the $34-35 million range, but the hang up is on the Cowboys wanting a longer contract.

Second, it makes no sense to suggest Dak is basing his asking price on only one season out of his 4 year career.

Third, a team record is a team record, not solely a QB record.

4th, asking for something in the range of what Wentz and Goff got is asking for a fair market based deal as conditions are today. Im confident he would agree he hasn’t proven as muCh as guys like Rodgers and Mahomes, but they aren’t negotiating contracts today,

Bloody ash cans!
I don't imply. I infer from his intransigence that he wants $40 mil.
But you know better, yes. You quote "serious" reports he wants less. Right, matey!I
And he's asking a price on aggregate and not one year. Great run he's had to ask BIG MONEY.
And, yes, it's a team record. A QB has little input on outcome.o_O

But, last, dont mention Dak in the same sentence as Mahomes and Rodgers. It's like blasphemy.

Your turn sturgeon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bloody ash cans!
But you know better, yes. You quote "serious" reports he wants less. Right, matey!I
And he's asking a price on aggregate and not one year. Great run he's had to ask BIG MONEY.

But, last, dont mention Dak in the same sentence as Mahomes and Rodgers. It's like blasphemy.

Your turn sturgeon.
lol - absent any facts, and ignoring the reports that the holdup is more about term than money, I can infer that your inference is something you pulled out of your head (or elsewhere).

By the way, where did I say "serious" reports. That comment causes me to infer that you are really pulling things out of your backside.

Your comment about his asking price being on aggregate, not one year, is actually an argument against you, not me. You were the one that made the $40 million claim, and that isn't an aggregate number. Or do you think the $40 million is an aggregate number, and if so, what is your complaint?

And I did not say the QB has little input on outcome - that's just you fabricating an argument that doesn't have a basis. Likely pulled, again, from your backside.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
lol - absent any facts, and ignoring the reports that the holdup is more about term than money, I can infer that your inference is something you pulled out of your head (or elsewhere).

By the way, where did I say "serious" reports. That comment causes me to infer that you are really pulling things out of your backside.

Your comment about his asking price being on aggregate, not one year, is actually an argument against you, not me. You were the one that made the $40 million claim, and that isn't an aggregate number. Or do you think the $40 million is an aggregate number, and if so, what is your complaint?

And I did not say the QB has little input on outcome - that's just you fabricating an argument that doesn't have a basis. Likely pulled, again, from your backside.

You. Are. In. Denial.

Butt, you are correct in disavowing "serious" reports. Me mistake.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.

It's hilarious how some of you are so dense that you ignore all other aspects of the game of football. Ignore, or simply don't understand.

Defense? Special teams? Coaching? None of it matters! Everything boils down to one player. Simple rules for the simple minded. :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Omer the people have woken and you and your fellow Dak-Trolls sales pitch is losing its credibility daily.
GO COWBOYS and glory to the STAR!
losing creditbility? with whom?

sounds more like your spinning is getting out of control...you are confusing yourself now

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's hilarious how some of you are so dense that you ignore all other aspects of the game of football. Ignore, or simply don't understand.

Defense? Special teams? Coaching? None of it matters! Everything boils down to one player. Simple rules for the simple minded. :muttley:
its not being dense...if that was the case, we all would be ok. its sheer stupidity and trollness….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bloody ash cans!

Your turn sturgeon.
can you point to any article anywhere, statement from his agent, or cowboys...or a legitimate source that he wants $40M?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
can you point to any article anywhere, statement from his agent, or cowboys...or a legitimate source that he wants $40M?
Can you, at last, show a statement he will take a pawltry $35 ?
you cannot.
I and other robust fans know a way to the Super Bowl, in 2021is not Dak's way.
His stutter-step way is 1985 football.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
lol - still covering up what you said. Your entire schtick is a smokescreen to cover all your fabrications, misstatements and blatant disregard for facts.

You sure are obsessed with Pappy.
You follow him? Why?
why not a hobby like naval cadet s?
But, about Pappy, I already had a P.I. check up on him and he's clean. Ivy League and Hampton's outdoors.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You follow him? Why?
But, about Pappy, I already had a P.I. check up on him and he's clean. Ivy League and Hampton's outdoors.

They have "Pappy" syndrome...God bless them I say!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You. Are. In. Denial.

Butt, you are correct in disavowing "serious" reports. Me mistake.
lol - because I'm using logic and you are making things up and presenting them as fact? If that's your definition of denial, I'll happily stick with that, and you can stick with your fantasy world.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You follow him? Why?
To talk about posters who cannot post about anything other than Dak and not mention Pappy would be like talking about the ocean and not mentioning water.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - because I'm using logic and you are making things up and presenting them as fact? If that's your definition of denial, I'll happily stick with that, and you can stick with your fantasy world.

He's using Dak logic so therefore its pretty much off "Target"