Dak Thinks 8-8 establishes him as marquee?

conner01

Reaction score
Spell check can be your friend :thumbup:
and look at the last 3 years and it is not so good, 9-7 avg per year.:omg:
Only one QB has a better record in the entire nfl that Dak has since he came into the league
That’s pretty dang good

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
then by that standard Wilson is done and over paid and over rated. he hasn't accomplished craap over the past 3 years....yes he won the superbowl but in a galaxy far ago.....and by your standard nobody's accomplishments count if more than 3 years......just sayin'
Dak-Trolls lol comparing a Superbowl win and 2 Superbowl appearances to one 13-3 season that was primarily due to Zeke 4 years ago.
A Wilson QB who has nothing close to our Offline or WR or Zeke....
Dak TROLLS....where all logic is pretty much non-existent!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL..:lmao: even worst! getting a SB ring from the sideline while our QB is at home watching the game on TV.. ..... But what happened to the "THIS IS A TEAM SPORT": rhetoric? again conveniently it doesn't apply here?

Like it or not (I don't like it) Wentz has 1 SB ring and Dakota has 0 and while a SB ring gives leverage to QBs (see Flaco) to get millions in contract, I still wouldn't pay Wentz the stupid amount of money he is making...,. much less I would pay Dakota similar ridiculous amount for not even getting close to the Conference Championship leave alone a SB appearance (even if it means being on the sideline)
:huh:

read the thread, but you wrote a war an peace in response to a sarcastic remark...….

and sounds like you are putting everything on Dak, wins/losses, success and failure...nobody else is accountable...right?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hes done it in a few regular season games for sure like philly 2018 , had some good playoff games but hes never had those signature games like Mahomes already in his first 2 years, last year alone twice in the playoff his team let him down they go down what 21 and 17 against playoff teams in huge games and before halftime Mahomes brought them back, made the SB and no one will complain about him asking for 40mil..he doesnt have to do it the rest of his career he made his bones already like other early on in their careers like Wilson and Big Ben rogers etc.. doesnt matter what they do now they got big deals and overpaid because they had those signature moments already.. Dak hasn't truly had a signature moment in the playoffs..hes played well for sure but not great enough to just say hey I GOT THIS! and lead a team back from a sure defeat..

Im not saying Dak is abad qb but his contract demands say he believes hes elite and marquee and hes just isnt..

I dig that. You are probably are more correct that he HAS had moments, but few and far between...and not when we needed it most?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if it’s such a team sport and quarterback is just another cog in the machine position why pay dak so much more then any one else? wouldnt it be better in a team sport to invest more in the rest of the team then if dak or another qb can not impact the game that much?
That seems like a logical statement. I mean if we apply logic at all.

I think some of us are tripping over keeping sound logic in all of this mess.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak-Trolls lol comparing a Superbowl win and 2 Superbowl appearances to one 13-3 season that was primarily due to Zeke 4 years ago.
A Wilson QB who has nothing close to our Offline or WR or Zeke....
Dak TROLLS....where all logic is pretty much non-existent!!!
ahhh, the spin continues...first its about all the wins and losses, you mentioned 13-3 was galaxy long ago, I put forth another and now you want to write excuses and change the spin...to fit your agenda.

I never said one way or the other.... you said wins in 2018, 2017. so I mentioned 2016, you said it doesn't count, so I applied YOUR rule to somebody else, now you are spinning into zeke, WR, etc. so now that you changed your spin, is coaching part of this new spin? how about defense? special teams? just want to get clarification on how you like to spin so I can respond to your spin rules....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So when Romo made stupid throws and costly interceptions that was OK. But if Dak makes a stupid throw or interception that's the end of the world.
You're so fair and open minded. :facepalm:
some interceptions and bad throws aren't stupid...they are good interceptions and good bad throws.....don't you understand the agenda...you are interfering with the agenda.... LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if it’s such a team sport and quarterback is just another cog in the machine position why pay dak so much more then any one else? wouldnt it be better in a team sport to invest more in the rest of the team then if dak or another qb can not impact the game that much?
because its the market...its the NFL QB market.....I don't set that. you didn't set that....the NFL did....that's how it goes.....so why pay mahomes 45M? he is another cog...why pay Watson 40M? he is another cog...why pay brees, cousins, wentz, goff, etc......its the market

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
hes done it in a few regular season games for sure like philly 2018 , had some good playoff games but hes never had those signature games like Mahomes already in his first 2 years, last year alone twice in the playoff his team let him down they go down what 21 and 17 against playoff teams in huge games and before halftime Mahomes brought them back, made the SB and no one will complain about him asking for 40mil..he doesnt have to do it the rest of his career he made his bones already like other early on in their careers like Wilson and Big Ben rogers etc.. doesnt matter what they do now they got big deals and overpaid because they had those signature moments already.. Dak hasn't truly had a signature moment in the playoffs..hes played well for sure but not great enough to just say hey I GOT THIS! and lead a team back from a sure defeat..

Im not saying Dak is abad qb but his contract demands say he believes hes elite and marquee and hes just isnt..
who says he isn't elite or top 10? you? me? nobody in this forum matters..... the NFL owners, GMs and coaches opinion matter...….so if he wasn't worth it, would his agent ask for the money? then jones' would say no....then he would have no contract...his agent and jones' and McCarthy are way more tuned into NFL and know more about football than a bunch of pro/anti dak fans on this message board...

the FACTS are he has a large contract offer, his agent is playing hard ball knowing he can get another similar offer from other teams. jones' are willing to pay and in fact want longer contract...if MCC didn't think he was worth it, he would have already talked to the Joneses and they would have accepted a shorter offer...

everything else here is spin, specially those who measure everything by wins/losses only....that's the utter stupidity of it all

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only one QB has a better record in the entire nfl that Dak has since he came into the league
That’s pretty dang good

Prepare to have that fact ignored. The attempted critics are highly selective regarding what they try to latch onto and what they avoid like the plague.

It's hilarious to sit back and watch. And to crush them with actual facts when I feel like it.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ahhh, the spin continues...first its about all the wins and losses, you mentioned 13-3 was galaxy long ago, I put forth another and now you want to write excuses and change the spin...to fit your agenda.

I never said one way or the other.... you said wins in 2018, 2017. so I mentioned 2016, you said it doesn't count, so I applied YOUR rule to somebody else, now you are spinning into zeke, WR, etc. so now that you changed your spin, is coaching part of this new spin? how about defense? special teams? just want to get clarification on how you like to spin so I can respond to your spin rules....
You want SPIN munch on this....
Since 2016 Dak has lead us to 9-7....10-6....and 8-8.
He has 1 playoff win in 4 years.
Unable to beat quality defenses.
Zeke PAID....Coop PAID...Collins PAID...Dlaw PAID...heck even Jaylon PAID!
June 17th now you keep on praying that Jerry pays him......GL with that!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You want SPIN munch on this....
Since 2016 Dak has lead us to 9-7....10-6....and 8-8.
He has 1 playoff win in 4 years.
Unable to beat quality defenses.
Zeke PAID....Coop PAID...Collins PAID...Dlaw PAID...heck even Jaylon PAID!
June 17th now you keep on praying that Jerry pays him......GL with that!!!!
I am glad you admit you are just spinning. so anything before 2017 doesn't count and we measure all QBs that way? just want to make sure....

and I just want to make sure all wins/losses are on the QB, and no one else will be held accountable....not the defense, not the special teams, not the kicker, not the coach......nobody is accountable but the QB for wins/losses.....just making sure I can keep up with the spin so I appreciate the patience....

and just going by the new spin measurements you mentioned above...
how did the other QBs do against quality defenses? or you just like to measure Dak in a Silo and not compare to other QBs....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rogers and Brees has carried their teams they got their deals like Wilson and many others that Dak wants to be in the company of and all have been to or won SBS...

Dak hasn't shown he can actually lift, carry, or pull his team when truly down in abig game .. hes a team guy a team player he isnt in class of QBs who can carry teams therefore his demands are insane.. many believe that and we will be split forever.. its the point the OP was making..

so, those guys votary the team when the team does well, but when the team doesn’t do well they aren’t to blame. And the opposite is true if Dak is the QB.

But go ahead and stick with that double standard.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won a SB 25 years ago and what now??
Its a what have you done for me lately league......
Would you like us if Dak is stinking it up again to trade a no 1 pick and get him some more help???
Tell us bud the Star exists to satisfy the Dak man!!!:muttley::facepalm:
This is a deflection from what you said. But, I knew you would hide from it. It’s what you do.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak, is SAYING it loud and clear in his contract demands!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think I can hear you yelling if you type a bunch of exclamation points?

What are his contract demands? Do you really know? Most reports indicate he wants something in the general ballpark of what Wentz and Goff got - maybe slightly above given that a year has passed. The indication is mostly that it is the team demanding a longer contract that is the holdup.

And why does only one season out of his 4 year career count, and why does the team record fall entirely on the QB? Is it because that’s what fits the desired narrative?

Seems you are looking at this through pretty narrow and one sided eyes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks implied $40 million price tag says so!!!!!!
First, you implying a $40 million price tag doesn’t carry any weight. Most reports indicate the asking price is more in the $34-35 million range, but the hang up is on the Cowboys wanting a longer contract.

Second, it makes no sense to suggest Dak is basing his asking price on only one season out of his 4 year career.

Third, a team record is a team record, not solely a QB record.

4th, asking for something in the range of what Wentz and Goff got is asking for a fair market based deal as conditions are today. Im confident he would agree he hasn’t proven as muCh as guys like Rodgers and Mahomes, but they aren’t negotiating contracts today,

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same with Pappydog. Maybe the same person

Omer the people have woken and you and your fellow Dak-Trolls sales pitch is losing its credibility daily.
GO COWBOYS and glory to the STAR!