Dak Thinks 8-8 establishes him as marquee?

Adreme

Reaction score
I always am so amused how people try to claim wins as a QB stat as though there are not 10 other players on offense and 11 on defense especially when the QB is not involved on defense. Now the QB is the most important position, but wins are still a team stat and if the solution is to not pay a top player because the team finished 8-8 than I guess Martin and Smith have to go as well. Dlaw and Elliot of course, but also Cooper and Smith because I guess all they are are simply 8-8 players.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
lol - and I say it doesn't, so you move on.

Face it, if team record in one year is the stand alone standard, then you have to either apply the same standard to all QB's, or you have to accept that you are judging Dak with a double standard. If skins on the wall prior to the bad team season matter, that means the record in one season is not a stand alone standard. But, you are using that as the standard for Dak.

By the way, I didn't compare Dak to Rodgers, I compared situations. And with those situations you proved with one player it's not all about team record in one season, but with the other it is all about team record in one season.

But let's talk about other situations involving great QB's. Were you aware Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season in the NFL, and as recently as 2014-2016 went 3 straight years with only 7 wins per season?

I know you will say I'm comparing Dak to Brees, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm not saying Dak is at that level, I only saying that these situations with Brees prove that going solely off team wins in a single season, or even a few season, is not an accurate way to judge a QB.

Just asking an honest question, because I respect your opinion.
Do you think Dak can ever elevate his game, his career to Brees level?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In a galaxy far ago.....
then by that standard Wilson is done and over paid and over rated. he hasn't accomplished craap over the past 3 years....yes he won the superbowl but in a galaxy far ago.....and by your standard nobody's accomplishments count if more than 3 years......just sayin'

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Conveniently you "dropped" one key stat out of your comment:

Jared Goff Super Bowls 0-1
Carson Wentz Super Bowls 1-0
Dakota Prescott Super Bowls 0-0

200.gif

*What about endorsements for playing for America's Team? where is that $50M fiigure?

Rookies salary is rookies salary, that's what it is, Dakota didn't play for free and earned the rookie salary he and many other rookie players suppose to earn when they are rookies in the NFL. It is not the FO's fault that some stupid teams pay their rookie players big contracts early while still under rookie contract just for later regret it.
Those who say that Dakota gave us a huge discount during the rookie years and he should be compensated for "all those years being underpaid" must had started following the NFL last year.
carson wentz won a superbowl? when did he do that? oh, yeah, I remember, the time he was sitting on the bench, with a cast watching Foles be the MVP...ok...he rode the coat tails of somebody else...I guess by that measure the 53rd guy on the team has a ring too.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I always am so amused how people try to claim wins as a QB stat as though there are not 10 other players on offense and 11 on defense especially when the QB is not involved on defense. Now the QB is the most important position, but wins are still a team stat and if the solution is to not pay a top player because the team finished 8-8 than I guess Martin and Smith have to go as well. Dlaw and Elliot of course, but also Cooper and Smith because I guess all they are are simply 8-8 players.
stupidity has no bounds....get used to it around here...there is plenty of that on this thread alone

LocoBates

Reaction score
carson wentz won a superbowl? when did he do that? oh, yeah, I remember, the time he was sitting on the bench, with a cast watching Foles be the MVP...ok...he rode the coat tails of somebody else...I guess by that measure the 53rd guy on the team has a ring too.....

LOL..:lmao: even worst! getting a SB ring from the sideline while our QB is at home watching the game on TV.. ..... But what happened to the "THIS IS A TEAM SPORT": rhetoric? again conveniently it doesn't apply here?

Like it or not (I don't like it) Wentz has 1 SB ring and Dakota has 0 and while a SB ring gives leverage to QBs (see Flaco) to get millions in contract, I still wouldn't pay Wentz the stupid amount of money he is making...,. much less I would pay Dakota similar ridiculous amount for not even getting close to the Conference Championship leave alone a SB appearance (even if it means being on the sideline)

plasticman

Reaction score
In my opinion, Dak would have performed better if there had been 10 more players on the field assisting him.

Based on the perception of many posters, he faced opponent defenses alone. Apparently, that was unwise.

Froski

Reaction score
Where did Dak say 8-8 establishes him as "marquee"?

Just pulling things out of you backside again? Seems you have a lot of storage space back there.
Freaking lol. Can't imagine what it would take to free up that much space.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
leeblair said:
blah blah blah

Just pulling things out of your backside again? Seems you have a lot of storage space back there.

LOL I think that's where he finds all of it. He's like a one-horse town. If it wasn't for Dak, he wouldn't have anything to talk about at all.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Just pulling things out of you backside again? Seems you have a lot of storage space back there.

Daks implied $40 million price tag says so!!!!!!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The difference is that Romo was always out there fighting. He never just "laid an egg" when the team needed him. He made some stupid throws and some costly interceptions, but he was still fighting.
Dak just goes along with the team.

So when Romo made stupid throws and costly interceptions that was OK. But if Dak makes a stupid throw or interception that's the end of the world.
You're so fair and open minded. :facepalm:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Let's look at this a minute:
Does 8-8 make a team or their quarterback special?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against an Eagles team that was playing 2nd and 3rd Stringers? This was the game that defined Dak Prescott as to whether or not he could carry the team when they needed him.
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bills?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Saints?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Bears?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Jets?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Patriots?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against the Vikings?
Did those 4900 passing yards help against any team in contention for a playoff spot?
Stats don't win Super Bowls. Players who show up when their team needs them win Super Bowls.
Dak isn't a leader. Leaders show up when the game- or the season, for that matter- is on the line.
When the Cowboys couldn't beat the Jets or the Eagles to get into the playoffs, it spoke volumes. When Dak couldn't lead the team when they needed him the most and get past even the weaker teams, it spoke volumes.
Actions speak louder than words. Dak threw the ball into the ground on 4th down.
He doesn't show up when the Cowboys need him to lead.
He simply is along for the ride when they beat up the weak teams.

Team sport.

Next.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Conveniently you "dropped" one key stat out of your comment:

Jared Goff Super Bowls 0-1
Carson Wentz Super Bowls 1-0
Dakota Prescott Super Bowls 0-0

200.gif

*What about endorsements for playing for America's Team? where is that $50M fiigure?

Rookies salary is rookies salary, that's what it is, Dakota didn't play for free and earned the rookie salary he and many other rookie players suppose to earn when they are rookies in the NFL. It is not the FO's fault that some stupid teams pay their rookie players big contracts early while still under rookie contract just for later regret it.
Those who say that Dakota gave us a huge discount during the rookie years and he should be compensated for "all those years being underpaid" must had started following the NFL last year.

Wentz 1-0?

:lmao:

bewp7

Reaction score
Team sport.

Next.

if it’s such a team sport and quarterback is just another cog in the machine position why pay dak so much more then any one else? wouldnt it be better in a team sport to invest more in the rest of the team then if dak or another qb can not impact the game that much?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do keep asking people to show me where HE lifts this team up and makes them better. They say "buutttt.....5000 yards dude". Romo clearly made a lot of receivers better than what they were, better than how they performed with other teams.

This is not Dak hate. I'm perfectly fine with a bus driver. And paid like one. No problem.
hes done it in a few regular season games for sure like philly 2018 , had some good playoff games but hes never had those signature games like Mahomes already in his first 2 years, last year alone twice in the playoff his team let him down they go down what 21 and 17 against playoff teams in huge games and before halftime Mahomes brought them back, made the SB and no one will complain about him asking for 40mil..he doesnt have to do it the rest of his career he made his bones already like other early on in their careers like Wilson and Big Ben rogers etc.. doesnt matter what they do now they got big deals and overpaid because they had those signature moments already.. Dak hasn't truly had a signature moment in the playoffs..hes played well for sure but not great enough to just say hey I GOT THIS! and lead a team back from a sure defeat..

Im not saying Dak is abad qb but his contract demands say he believes hes elite and marquee and hes just isnt..