Dak thinks he's in the best shape ever and

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No, that's bull****. Is there a Doctor in the house? Please explain to this troll how he's wrong.

You really believe a lifelong athlete like Dak, with many limitations on what kind of workouts and trainings he can do, really is in the best shape of his life right now, don't you?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
leave it to you and I didn't expect anything less. btw, Brady said the same thing after his Knee injury. I guess brady was lazy too prior to his injury.
LOL. Lazy is not the word I used but if you need to make that up to make you feel better, be my guest. But, yes, Brady started focusing on on his health and diet in 2006 more so than he did prior to that point.

"At 43, Brady has stayed in the game longer than many — the average NFL career for a Pro-Bowl nominated quarterback is 12 years, according to the Houston Chronicle. And Brady says it’s the strict health and wellness regimen his longtime trainer Alex Guerrero has had him on since 2006 that’s key to his longevity and success."

He was doing less earlier in his career than he was in 2006, correct?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really believe a lifelong athlete like Dak, with many limitations on what kind of workouts and trainings he can do, really is in the best shape of his life right now, don't you?
He has no limitations and has been doing his regular routine but has permanently added his rehab exercises because he said it has got him in better shape and more agile than he's ever been.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He has no limitations and has been doing his regular routine but has permanently added his rehab exercises because he said it has got him in better shape and more agile than he's ever been.
Yeah, now, but how long did he go before he could do anything other then rehab his ankle to get it back to where it was?

That's the point. He did not get some kind of bionic ankle after the injury. The rehab exercises where there to make him able to walk and run again, not make him some kind of super athlete all of a sudden.

Maybe he will be in the best shape of his life at some point this season, but right now? No way.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Here is Dez talking about being in the best shape of his life:

I am in the best shape that I’ve ever been,” Bryant told ESPNDallas.com.

Bryant has been seen at NBA games and has traveled this offseason, but his workouts have never suffered.

“Trust me, I’ve been working hard,” Bryant said. “I’ve been working six days out of the week. Today is my off day, but I’m going to the facility right now. That’s all I’ve been doing. This year is special.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/15/dez-bryant-says-hes-in-the-best-shape-of-his-life/

You can connect your own dots as for why Dez considered 2014 a special year, but it's pretty clear he was extra motivated that year than he was in year's past.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I understand that completely. I expect Dak to be fine physically, but the whole "best shape of my life" thing is just talk I feel like. There is no way he is in better shape right now then he was before the injury. He's just not been able to work as hard since this injury as he would have if he was healthy. He is not lazy, so he's going to be in good shape regardless. That's why I believe this is just a cliché thing, because Dak seems to always want to say the things that he believes people want to hear.
understood. they all do that. I would worry if he said I am in pain and I am not in shape or ready.....its pretty standard talk from all of them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
understood. they all do that. I would worry if he said I am in pain and I am not in shape or ready.....its pretty standard talk from all of them.
Yeah, I would worry then. I would do the same thing if I was in their shoes. You don't want people to think you might not be ready for season yet. I'd be telling them everything I know they'd want to hear.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seems to me that Dak critics would welcome this, He looks trimmed down, he is moving well and feeling good. Not making any excuses for himself as he is getting ready for the season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, now, but how long did he go before he could do anything other then rehab his ankle to get it back to where it was?

That's the point. He did not get some kind of bionic ankle after the injury. The rehab exercises where there to make him able to walk and run again, not make him some kind of super athlete all of a sudden.

Maybe he will be in the best shape of his life at some point this season, but right now? No way.
You're entitled to your opinion.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion.

It's fascinating to me that people seems to think that Dak was ONLY allowed to work his ankle out and the rest of his body was in a cast or something. Dak was running in the pool in December and on grass by the end of January. He has been able to maintain his aerobic fitness WHILE doing his rehab exercises. He has also had no limitations on his upper body work. Is this really hard to understand? The only restriction was how much weight and stress he could put on that lower right leg. But literally every other part of the body was full go. And the rehab exercises would have focused on strengthening the legs beyond what they were before again, to help take stress off the injured area. So Dak now has stronger legs than he has ever had and an upper body that is at least as strong as it was before .. So yeah.. he's probably in better shape now than at any point in his life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's fascinating to me that people seems to think that Dak was ONLY allowed to work his ankle out and the rest of his body was in a cast or something. Dak was running in the pool in December and on grass by the end of January. He has been able to maintain his aerobic fitness WHILE doing his rehab exercises. He has also had no limitations on his upper body work. Is this really hard to understand? The only restriction was how much weight and stress he could put on that lower right leg. But literally every other part of the body was full go. And the rehab exercises would have focused on strengthening the legs beyond what they were before again, to help take stress off the injured area. So Dak now has stronger legs than he has ever had and an upper body that is at least as strong as it was before .. So yeah.. he's probably in better shape now than at any point in his life.
These guys crapping on Dak all have an agenda. It's sad actually why some fans can't get behind a QB coming off such an injury like he had. It's a great story. And Dak is a great QB who's proved himself time and time again abut all the haters say is "what has he won?".

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
These guys crapping on Dak all have an agenda. It's sad actually why some fans can't get behind a QB coming off such an injury like he had. It's a great story. And Dak is a great QB who's proved himself time and time again abut all the haters say is "what has he won?".
Sad thing is you think it's people crapping on Dak when most are discussing a comment from a higher level. I'm actually a Dak supporter for crying out loud. :facepalm:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure doesn’t sound like it
And I'm still not sure why you take issue with that comment. It's neither negative or positive. It's just common sense. If you've done more this year than you have in the past, regardless of what motivates you to do it, it's still an admission that there was more you could have done in the past to get you in the best shape of your life.

So, if you want to believe Dak is in the best shape of his life this season and it is because he was injured and needed rehab to come back, are you saying he couldn't have voluntarily put in the same amount of work to get in the best shape of his life prior to the injury?

Something changes, whatever that something is, and that motivates you to do things harder, longer, better, etc to get you into the best shape of your life. I got in the best shape of my life at 46 years old. The reason is because I was more dedicated, worked out smarter, long and harder, ate better, slept better, drank less, etc. I could have been in better shape earlier but I didn't work as hard in order to accomplish that task. It's not a knock on anyone, it's just a reality.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And I'm still not sure why you take issue with that comment. It's neither negative or positive. It's just common sense. If you've done more this year than you have in the past, regardless of what motivates you to do it, it's still an admission that there was more you could have done in the past to get you in the best shape of your life.

So, if you want to believe Dak is in the best shape of his life this season and it is because he was injured and needed rehab to come back, are you saying he couldn't have voluntarily put in the same amount of work to get in the best shape of his life prior to the injury?

Something changes, whatever that something is, and that motivates you to do things harder, longer, better, etc to get you into the best shape of your life. I got in the best shape of my life at 46 years old. The reason is because I was more dedicated, worked out smarter, long and harder, ate better, slept better, drank less, etc. I could have been in better shape earlier but I didn't work as hard in order to accomplish that task. It's not a knock on anyone, it's just a reality.
It’s very negative. You basically said Dak is lazy. Note you’re trying to back peddle.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m sure the PT guys had him doing stretches and exercises he never tried before as part of his recovery

Years ago I hurt my back in a car accident. Had to go to PT for a while.

I still do the stretches and exercises they taught me and my back feel better than it did prior to the accident

I was lucky there was no structural damage just muscular. But still the point is Some of those PT exercises and stretches are super helpful.
PT, when applied properly, can be magic.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's fascinating to me that people think an injured athlete is in the best shape of his life immediately after the injury. He may be in better shape in the long run due to the new exercises added, but he's not right now.

IF he's truly in better shape right now, after having to rehab his leg so he can walk and run again like he used to, then I would have to question his past work ethic.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's fascinating to me that people think an injured athlete is in the best shape of his life immediately after the injury. He may be in better shape in the long run due to the new exercises added, but he's not right now.

IF he's truly in better shape right now, after having to rehab his leg so he can walk and run again like he used to, then I would have to question his past work ethic.
Breaking news: Tiger Woods announces he is in the best shape ever.