Dak thinks he's in the best shape ever and

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well I proved you wrong several times so I understand.
No, you proved you just want to argue. It's OK, it's how this board operates. I'll twist your words from now on to argue with every one of your points, if you ever make a point. I'll have to weed through a lot of whining about complainer posts, but you'll eventually make a point that I will twist.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
is more agile than he's ever been. Was reported on Cowboys Break. May 26th. Also some video of him jumping up and down on one leg at a time. Looked like he was on springs. I was shocked.
So he's going to Byron Jones jumping like a kangaroo now?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, you proved you just want to argue. It's OK, it's how this board operates. I'll twist your words from now on to argue with every one of your points, if you ever make a point. I'll have to weed through a lot of whining about complainer posts, but you'll eventually make a point that I will twist.
For the forth time your words on Dak.

When I hear "best shape of my life" I interpret that as not working as hard as you could in the past.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
For the forth time your words on Dak.
Once again, you are wrong. That post was not discussing Dak. It was a response to another poster who was making a general statement about the use of the "best shape of my life" comments. I gave my interpretation of what I think when I hear that phrase. And once again, I have explained that just because you are doing more this year than you have in the past, it does not mean you were lazy in the past. It means you still had something left in the tank in the past that apparently you aren't leaving in the tank in the present.

You can disagree if you want. As a matter of fact, I expect you to disagree. But having to explain a point over and over just because someone wants to intentionally misunderstand it is childish. You claiming I called Dak lazy is a flat out lie. You are a low character dude.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Once again, you are wrong. That post was not discussing Dak. It was a response to another poster who was making a general statement about the use of the "best shape of my life" comments. I gave my interpretation of what I think when I hear that phrase. And once again, I have explained that just because you are doing more this year than you have in the past, it does not mean you were lazy in the past. It means you still had something left in the tank in the past that apparently you aren't leaving in the tank in the present.

You can disagree if you want. As a matter of fact, I expect you to disagree. But having to explain a point over and over just because someone wants to intentionally misunderstand it is childish. You claiming I called Dak lazy is a flat out lie. You are a low character dude.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:Now, after all the back and forth, you're changing the narrative "I wasn't talking about Dak". :lmao2::lmao::lmao2: Do you realize how weak you look?

The thread title "Dak thinks he's in the best shape ever and"
then I say he thinks he's more agile than ever. Your response:

When I hear "best shape of my life" I interpret that as not working as hard as you could in the past.
Weak my man. Very weak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:Now, after all the back and forth, you're changing the narrative "I wasn't talking about Dak". :lmao2::lmao::lmao2: Do you realize how weak you look?

The thread title "Dak thinks he's in the best shape ever and"
then I say he thinks he's more agile than ever. Your response:

Weak my man. Very weak.
Good lord, dude. You really don't pay attention. I've already told you people were talking about the comment on a high level. Let me go quote some posts for you to give you a refresher.

I’m sure Dak will have his best year, but...

“best shape of my life!” Is the most overused, irrelevant off-season topic we keep hearing over and over and over. Every single year should be your best shape, as you’ve been working toward it a year longer than you did before

See how Aerolithe makes a comment about Dak and then creates a gap to talk generally about "best shape of my life" being overused?

Now here is my response to him about his statement that you claim I am calling Dak lazy. You should be familiar with this since you have quoted it many times while taking it completely out of context.

Then you made the following comment:

These guys crapping on Dak all have an agenda. It's sad actually why some fans can't get behind a QB coming off such an injury like he had. It's a great story. And Dak is a great QB who's proved himself time and time again abut all the haters say is "what has he won?".

I replied to that comment with the following:

Sad thing is you think it's people crapping on Dak when most are discussing a comment from a higher level. I'm actually a Dak supporter for crying out loud. :facepalm:

So here you are misrepresenting the conversation, taking things out of context, and completely missing people's point just for the sake of arguing.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Well, you know Rocky, that he's been training with a sect of Shao Lin priest (aka: David Carradine) and this Zen factor can't me minimized. He's snatching flies out of the air with chop sticks and grabbing deadly mambas with 2 finger grasp techniques. And in an effort to increase is mobility and agility he is also taking square dance lessons.
:confused:
What about "more agile than he's ever been"?
Egals fans don't know the meaning.
Only a died in the wool troll would find fault with this phraseology.
Egals fan.
You really believe a lifelong athlete like Dak, with many limitations on what kind of workouts and trainings he can do, really is in the best shape of his life right now, don't you?
Yup!
As he limps to each hole while taking breaks to crouch over in pain?
Link? Or is this just an assumption to show your ignorance/jealousy towards the Cowboys young talented quarterback?!

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I’m sure Dak will have his best year, but...

“best shape of my life!” Is the most overused, irrelevant off-season topic we keep hearing over and over and over. Every single year should be your best shape, as you’ve been working toward it a year longer than you did before

I agree, best shape doesnt always mean better results. A lot more has to happen then being in excellent condition. Dak always has his body in top shape.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I would bet you would be the one ending up with a broken leg.

To dislocate the ankle, it involves forcing the talus out from between the fibula and the tibia. It was announced by the Cowboys that Dak had an open fracture, meaning one or both of these 2 legs bones were broken at the base and portruded through the skin.

A broken leg is semantically correct, but an ankle fracture is being more location-specific.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
To dislocate the ankle, it involves forcing the talus out from between the fibula and the tibia. It was announced by the Cowboys that Dak had an open fracture, meaning one or both of these 2 legs bones were broken at the base and portruded through the skin.

A broken leg is semantically correct, but an ankle fracture is being more location-specific.
Ok Doc. :facepalm:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
To me it says, I now weigh what I used to weigh in high school.

All of these guys tend to workout, but I guarantee you none of these guys eat right, all the time. So, now that they've suffered a serious injury, they start eating right (to heal faster) to go along with their workouts.

But I take it to be a self serving psychological bust to that player.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

It was obviously a tib/fib fracture. Had one in 1999. Mine wasn't open, maybe because I had lace-up boots on. 2 plates and a very long pin. I was back working in 10 weeks, on my feet 12 hours a day doing trauma nursing on the day shift in the ICU.

It's easy to call it an ankle injury when it's actually the lower leg long bones.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, now, but how long did he go before he could do anything other then rehab his ankle to get it back to where it was?

That's the point. He did not get some kind of bionic ankle after the injury. The rehab exercises where there to make him able to walk and run again, not make him some kind of super athlete all of a sudden.

Maybe he will be in the best shape of his life at some point this season, but right now? No way.

In fairness, could not both be possible? Perhaps because of the recovery and the work he's been doing may make him feel that he's in the best shape he's been in yet, meanwhile, he may be limited (just hypothetical) with the injury he had. If this is the case, then I think we have a lot to look forward to. Especially as he gets healthier.