News: Dak to miss 6-8 weeks

Flamma

Reaction score
A chance for false hope.

Besides, given how the Niners looked today I'm not sure they'd be so quick to trade Jimmy G in the first place.

Not only that, if the Cowboys ask for him now, they're going to want nothing less than a 1st round pick.

csirl

Reaction score
He wasnt playing well before the injury. If we'd a seviceable backup he would have been benched anyway. Now we're stuck with some practise squad QBs and more excuses as to why Dak couldnt get it done again.

plymkr

Reaction score
I absolutely hate this. As much as people rag on Dak, we had a chance at the playoffs with him, tonight's performance notwithstanding. We have no chance without him. None. Yes, Dak Prescott makes the Cowboys a better team. What a disaster this season has turned out to be. There's plenty of blame to go around. Jerry and Stephen should be ashamed of themselves. I was hoping for an exciting season despite some obvious holes that they refused to plug. Looks like everything that could be a problem is a problem. And I'd like to slap their faces.
Well said. I feel the same. All this could have been avoided with common sense roster decisions.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I absolutely hate this. As much as people rag on Dak, we had a chance at the playoffs with him, tonight's performance notwithstanding. We have no chance without him. None. Yes, Dak Prescott makes the Cowboys a better team. What a disaster this season has turned out to be. There's plenty of blame to go around. Jerry and Stephen should be ashamed of themselves. I was hoping for an exciting season despite some obvious holes that they refused to plug. Looks like everything that could be a problem is a problem. And I'd like to slap their faces.
Compared to Cooper or the Nooch he does. But what kind of standard are you setting here? He won't get us anywhere compared to other QBs in the NFL.

Lutonio

Reaction score
And he’s not going to come back and play well after sitting out those weeks and coming off a surgery.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak is done longer term. He's injury prone and as everyone will have seen last night - he's just not very good. At least he has a no trade clause - you really couldn't make it up!

Either trade for Jimmy G but how much would we have to give up or tank for a top 5 pick in the draft.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak is done longer term. He's injury prone and as everyone will have seen last night - he's just not very good. At least he has a no trade clause - you really couldn't make it up!

Either trade for Jimmy G but how much would we have to give up or tank for a top 5 pick in the draft.
What about riding out this season and then getting Jimmy G next year? What's his contract status and could we cut Dak. What would cutting Dak after this season do to our salary cap? Is it possible? One thing I'm thinking is cutting Zeke will save some money, cutting Tyron will save 9 or 8 million. So we'll be getting salary cap relief after this season.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I didn't have any faith in this team going into the season so I won't be disappointed when they fall flat on their face once again...

Note to the NFL - stop putting this team in primetime...

Gaede

Reaction score
As bad as he was last night, this is still terrible news. What a start to the year. We had one good drive, for three points, and now the season's over.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dak sucked...but so did most everyone not named Parsons. OC was horrible....3 to 1 pass to run ratio when Zeke was getting 5 yds per carry. Defense can't stop the run...and thatnwas an OL with 3 backups playing.

b0xZZ

Reaction score

did you see the same team I did? This team had no chance at making the playoffs, they are horrible. This is the same offense that was a let down the last three years only now it’s the the stripped down older version.

we have to get a legit QB to build around and Dak ain’t it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The Dak haters in here must be on cloud 9 knowing Dak will be out. They'll get a taste of reality now.
Uhm, Dak handed us that "taste of reality" himself. I mean he was confident in his receivers, right? Best off season ever, right?

I doubt ANYONE here on the boards is happy about Daks injury. Everyone knows we are better off with him than without him. Doesn't change the reality though. And that is even with him this team was going nowhere.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Jimmy G, Michael Gallup and Jason Peters would go a long way towards making us competitive.

Get over the Jones boys making a move to make this team better. They had all off season to do that and failed miserably. This is a 5-6 win team courtesy of the Jones boys. They hired McCarthy, they stuck boy wonder Moore into the OC. They created this circus show that is the Cowboys year after year that the whole country country laughs at. This is what the Dallas Cowboys will be as long as the Jones boys run this team.