Dak to Patriots for 3 overall?

jgboys1

Reaction score
I would. This ship has run it's course.

This team is not winning any Super Bowls anytime soon, the way it is currently structured.

Reactions: CWR

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Would you support that trade if Dak were to waive his no trade clause?
I would. but Pats won't do it. also, I don't like this year's QB crop. none of them are impressive, so I would make the trade, then trade down and pick up additional picks next year. I would roll with Lance and see where we land next year and see how the QB crop looks for 2025.

CWR

Reaction score
You'd absolutely have to take that.

It's not even all Dak for me. I'm at the same point I was with Romo in that we've given it our best shot and it's just not happening. Time to move forward and start a new era. I feel as if we're just wasting more time otherwise.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no matter who we get and how bad he plays he gets 8 years with all the excuses the last guy got.

stinkface

Reaction score
Maybe get traded for the 10th pick in the draft. That would be the Jets who only have Rogers for one year at most and he might call it in before the season even starts.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m skeptical that Dak would get anywhere close to that value in a trade. Even if Dak waves his no trade clause who says that he even wants to sign an extension with a team? Very possible the guy wants to make it to free agency.

Jarntt

Reaction score
the 3rd overall pick? Of course I'd support that. Taking into account age and salary, there aren't many players on this team I wouldn't trade for that and certainly I'd trade Dak when the alternative is paying him $60M per year to be the QB into his mid 30's. Now we just need to get NE to support that trade? Pro tip...they won't...

Flamma

Reaction score
And better yet. If they think Lance has anything. Trade that #3 for a bunch of picks , start lance and rebuild your team.
In the most favorable scenario where Lance plays great in 2024, they're looking at paying him 50M a year starting 2025.

But lets say Lance just plays decent. What do the Cowboys do with him after this season?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
We seriously overvalue our talent on here.

Dak isn’t worth the 3rd overall pick so if it was offered and Dak was all in then I’d say hell yea.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hell.....I am throwing in my #1 as well if that means getting a QB that can play. Give me McCarthy....so we can start cleaning up this toxic culture.

:flagwave:

McMicah

Reaction score
You do that in a heartbeat because then you can trade your #3 for Viking 11 & 23 and likely a 4th. You get Fuaga (LT), a center, and probably a high quality corner or Latu all in the 1st

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Intentional or not, Jerry is setting Dak up to get hosed in FA next year. He needs all the help in the world, and even that doesn't work against good teams. He could also use a great HC. Now we are a worse team, and the draft isn't fixing it. Dak will have to have the season of his life if he wants to go rob a team like he did us. Note: I still think Jerry extends him.