Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think it’s consistency also. Look at the bucs playoff game. They threw every look at him they could and Dak stood in there the whole game and was making all the throws. As many times and the tight window throws he was making I was just waiting for the picks to happen. But then he will come in next time and make a bone head throw..
What is is that you are not understanding? Its not consistency, it was the Niners #1 D on the road with ONLY zeke for a run game.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak has great poise under pressure overall. He makes mistakes like any other QB under pressure. Dak has great anticipation.
Any way of proving that? He's a different QB when managing a lead as opposed to out of his comfort zone, especially faced with needing a TD.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Any way of proving that? He's a different QB when managing a lead as opposed to out of his comfort zone, especially faced with needing a TD.
What do you want? regular season QBR, Playoff QBR? tight window accuracy verification, deep ball accuracy verification? Proof that Dak bails out the offense on 3rd and long a lot? 4th quarter QBR? Where he ranks in last drive wins?

Or is there some specific cherry picking stat you want to focus on? Or maybe team playoff record? Niners game only?

Those are the typical troll staples.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
As far as the Oline, its my biggest worry. Not feeling it relying on Tyron again. And Steele is already coming off injury. I see the Oline is the #1 stumblling block to a deep run. And I am an Oline guy all the way. Without blocking, you arent going to score on the best defenses.
OK, but isn't some of that attributed to Dak's diminishing pocket mobility?
The line is as good as he's going to get....when he was on Rookie Deal, fine, have your 3 Prime 1st Rd Picks, but as with the nature of the CAP Beast, the Vet needs to take more responsibility.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What do you want? regular season QBR, Playoff QBR? tight window accuracy verification, deep ball accuracy verification? Proof that Dak bails out the offense on 3rd and long a lot? 4th quarter QBR? Where he ranks in last drive wins?

Or is there some specific cherry picking stat you want to focus on? Or maybe team playoff record? Niners game only?

Those are the typical troll staples.
Go look at his QBR for the past two years, then look at his Rating and note the drop off ....which is greater than most of his contemporary. I'm sure you can work out the conclusion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://***BLOCKED***/1149828/2019/08/22/dak-prescott-leads-all-nfl-quarterbacks-in-game-winning-drives-should-that-matter/

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-dak-prescott-has-excelled-against-the-blitz-so-far-in-2021/

In 2022, Prescott completed 69.6% of his passes when facing the blitz, as opposed 65.1% in other situations, while his passer rating is better when teams send extra defenders as well.

Dak Prescott ranked as one of the best deep passing quarterbacks in the NFL last season

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ted-among-best-deep-passing-quarterbacks-2022

He finished with a top-three passer rating on tight-window throws for the second straight year, following up his 83.9 in 2016 with a 74.4 this past season.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-ranked-no1-tight-window-passer-in-115028699/

Let me know what else you need?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Go look at his QBR for the past two years, then look at his Rating and note the drop off ....which is greater than most of his contemporary. I'm sure you can work out the conclusion.
Ah so its cherry picking?

Daks QBR in the playoffs is 92.3 with 15 TD's and 5 picks.

Dak had a QBR of 153 when he knocked Brady into retirement THIS YEAR against the Bucs with 300 yards and 5 TD's.

Only team that has given Dak and the Cowboys fits in the playoffs is the #1 D in the NFL Niners. The entire offense has struggled as it should against the #1 D.

Conclusion you say? Niners D is #1 for a good reason.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Dak had a QBR of 153 when he knocked Brady into retirement THIS YEAR against the Bucs with 300 yards and 5 TD's.

Only team that has given Dak and the Cowboys fits in the playoffs is the #1 D in the NFL Niners. The entire offense has struggled as it should against the #1 D.

His play-off QBR is skewed by one excellent performance, where he had a lead and could settle playing his game.
Games where he needs to chase vrs a decent defense (needing a TD): Game1 v Buccs and last game vrs Commanders are the games where he struggles.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His play-off QBR is skewed by one excellent performance, where he had a lead and could settle playing his game.
Games where he needs to chase vrs a decent defense (needing a TD): Game1 v Buccs and last game vrs Commanders are the games where he struggles.
Its more like his playoff QBR is skewed by the Niners games. Even with those two its still 92.3 over 6 games.

In playoffs he has had one all world performance, 3 very good performances, 1 stinker and 1 game where he played good enough to win. Both lessor games were again, against the #1 defense in the NFL, Niners.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What is is that you are not understanding? Its not consistency, it was the Niners #1 D on the road with ONLY zeke for a run game.
Was really hoping Elliot would have a great game. He could have done those little dump off plays like the one Pollard was injured on. May have been afraid he would get hurt also. The way they rolled up on Pollards leg was similar to the way Daks leg got broken.

glimmerman

Reaction score

That’s game gave me hope. I thought they were passing too much and was afraid they would get Dak to throw some picks. But he hung in there and threw some tight window throws that looked great. Even the bucs staff said after the game that they threw every look at Dak and he kept completing the passes. It’s why I was so mad when he threw that 2nd pick in the red zone against 49ers. I was waiting for him to take off. Was an easy 1st down for him. But every QB throws those some times. I haven’t seen a breakdown of the play to see what Dak was looking at or expecting Lamb to do. It’s easier to defend when there is only really 1 WR they need to defend.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That’s game gave me hope. I thought they were passing too much and was afraid they would get Dak to throw some picks. But he hung in there and threw some tight window throws that looked great. Even the bucs staff said after the game that they threw every look at Dak and he kept completing the passes. It’s why I was so mad when he threw that 2nd pick in the red zone against 49ers. I was waiting for him to take off. Was an easy 1st down for him. But every QB throws those some times. I haven’t seen a breakdown of the play to see what Dak was looking at or expecting Lamb to do. It’s easier to defend when there is only really 1 WR they need to defend.
The pass was behind Lamb.