Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The QB is by far the most critical position on a football team, and in all of sports. None of those guys eat up as much of a cap hit as Dak either.
NFL franchises alot money for QB's again what is Dak's current cap hit and can you show me how we have passed on players because of this cap hit?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Nonsense. These same trolls were hating on Dak when he was on his rookie deal. Dak is right in line with his ranking.

Dak creates plenty of winning opportunities. The offense just struggles against the #1 defense in the NFL without Pollard. Not a big deal. They are #1 for a reason.

I dont see Dak holding onto the ball too long. I see an Oline that cant hold up against elite defenses. I see a RB like Zeke that sucked and put us in lots of 3rd and 2nd and long. That part is a statistical fact.

If I have a problem with Dak its that he should pull the ball down more and take off when he has the chance. Make the defense pay. Needs to dump the ball a little more to the check down or the back instead of firing it in there thinking he can make every play.
Your post in the nonsense on this page!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Bucs “throwing everything they had at him” and the Niners “ throwing everything they had at him” is like comparing a .22 caliber to a .45 cal.

there was a reason the Bucs record was 8-9 in the worst division in football……and it’s only been 4 times in the History of the NFL that a team made the playoffs with a losing record

our playoff win last season should have an asterisk next to it
no, fans like you put asterisk because they have an agenda. a playoff win is a playoff win. if that's the case, anyone can come up with a category of their own and put astrisks everywhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The QB is by far the most critical position on a football team, and in all of sports. None of those guys eat up as much of a cap hit as Dak either.
have you compared the cap hits or just making stuff up as you go along? sounds like the latter. top 15 QBs in the NFL make 30M and above average. top 10 make 40M and above on average.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Those are excuses.

The game was lost by the two turnovers.

Switch it around. Purdy makes two turnovers and Prescott none, Dallas wins.

That was the difference in the game.
the turnovers contributed to the loss for sure. but it wasn't because of them alone. so many things went wrong.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nonsense. These same trolls were hating on Dak when he was on his rookie deal. Dak is right in line with his ranking.

Dak creates plenty of winning opportunities. The offense just struggles against the #1 defense in the NFL without Pollard. Not a big deal. They are #1 for a reason.

I dont see Dak holding onto the ball too long. I see an Oline that cant hold up against elite defenses. I see a RB like Zeke that sucked and put us in lots of 3rd and 2nd and long. That part is a statistical fact.

If I have a problem with Dak its that he should pull the ball down more and take off when he has the chance. Make the defense pay. Needs to dump the ball a little more to the check down or the back instead of firing it in there thinking he can make every play.
Was a big fan of Dak during his rookie contract, he just hasn't done anything else since to transcend his game or live up to contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no, fans like you put asterisk because they have an agenda. a playoff win is a playoff win. if that's the case, anyone can come up with a category of their own and put astrisks everywhere.

Shabazz and all the other trolls were all predicting Dak would choke and we would lose that game.

Brady had a 7 game winning streak against us and had beaten us with the bucs two previous times including the beatdown at the beginning of the season where Dak was injured.

These clowns tell us:

-Its all about the QB
-they wish they had Tom Brady
-QB's should will their teams to victory regardless of the team and coaching around them

Until Dak actually beats Brady, then its all about the quality of the team around Brady. LOL

The Bucs had a 8-9 record because their offense was terrible. Horrible Oline and no run game. Their defense was still good.

It was a landmark win for the Cowboys and Dak getting Brady and the Bucs off their backs on the road in a playoff game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Was a big fan of Dak during his rookie contract, he just hasn't done anything else since to transcend his game or live up to contract.
On the contrary he has lead the #1 offense in the NFL the last 3 years while at QB when healthy.

Only thing the Cowboys cant seem to do under Dak is beat the Niners. Niners are the better team. Not a big deal.

You were NEVER a big fan of Dak.

glimmerman

Reaction score
the turnovers contributed to the loss for sure. but it wasn't because of them alone. so many things went wrong.
A little of everything. Defense let purdy play better than he was. Did Daks picks hurt.. of course. But always a few plays made or not made that decide a close game. And some forget when you hit the playoffs all teams are talented more evenly and coaching and play calling make a bigger difference.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A little of everything. Defense let purdy play better than he was. Did Daks picks hurt.. of course. But always a few plays made or not made that decide a close game. And some forget when you hit the playoffs all teams are talented more evenly and coaching and play calling make a bigger difference.
Defense caved in the 4th. Diggs one huge whiff on a tackle that extended a drive, another dropped pick 6. Shultz had two horrible plays in the 4th. Defense had 3 penalties on the TD drive. Offense went nowhere in the 2nd half. yada yada yada.

glimmerman

Reaction score
On the contrary he has lead the #1 offense in the NFL the last 3 years while at QB when healthy.

Only thing the Cowboys cant seem to do under Dak is beat the Niners. Niners are the better team. Not a big deal.
That and our TEAM plays well in streaks. We will have a 5 or so game streak where we beat any team in front of us no matter how good they are. Then we drop one or 2 because a phase of the game plays bad. Our Defense gave up a 17 point lead to the packers. We need to hit the playoffs hitting on all cylinders and healthy. Wasn’t it bucs playoff game when our kicker went on the fritz. Good thing it wasn’t close enough the kicker was needed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That and our TEAM plays well in streaks. We will have a 5 or so game streak where we beat any team in front of us no matter how good they are. Then we drop one or 2 because a phase of the game plays bad. Our Defense gave up a 17 point lead to the packers. We need to hit the playoffs hitting on all cylinders and healthy. Wasn’t it bucs playoff game when our kicker went on the fritz. Good thing it wasn’t close enough the kicker was needed.
Yep the kicker missed all 5 extra points in the Cowboys playoff game. Then missed the next extra point in the Niners game. Its one of the things that contributed to the 2nd pick. After the missed kick MM had no confidence in the kicker and refused to for a 45 yard FG so they went for it on 4th down. It was either score a TD or turn it over on downs. Dak forced it into coverage.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

You were NEVER a big fan of Dak.
Had hope that we struck gold, but Im also a realist and understand completely that we have to play with the cards we are dealt, and we have no other better option than to role with Dak.
Believing that Dak still has an achievable ceiling is chasing fool's gold, we already know what Dak is.
The question that needs to be answered this season is can MM and Schott put the perfect Dak friendly system in, and if that happens, then we can get past SF.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Defense caved in the 4th. Diggs one huge whiff on a tackle that extended a drive, another dropped pick 6. Shultz had two horrible plays in the 4th. Defense had 3 penalties on the TD drive. Offense went nowhere in the 2nd half. yada yada yada.
This is why I am interested to see what happens this season. Bro can you imagine if we hit on the Mazi pick and can finally stop the run and take away the step up lane for the opposing qb.

We will have a stable kicker. And good ST.

And our O-Line should be improved. Am crossing fingers and toes for Tyron. But our TE should take a leap forward. Good O-Line and Pollard and other RB’s should feast. Tolbert must take the next step or cut him loose. Gallup is back and Lamb is ready. Some say we got a good WR in the draft.(I am not a college football guy so I am never sure.) Plus the one we traded for. If the injury bug looks the other way we will take the division and be better prepared for the post season. Want to see Dak take control of playcalling in certain situations. He is savy enough now where he should see things and can audible to hone run plays. He is out there grinding and working on his game. Effort is never a problem for him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep the kicker missed all 5 extra points in the Cowboys playoff game. Then missed the next extra point in the Niners game. It’s one of the things that contributed to the 2nd pick. After the missed kick MM had no confidence in the kicker and refused to for a 45 yard FG so they went for it on 4th down. It was either score a TD or turn it over on downs. Dak forced it into coverage.
I could be wrong but I think the 2nd pick was a 3rd and 2. That’s why I was upset about both the pick and the playcall. If it was 4th I would understand.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree. we didn't make enough plays that were right there to be had. we made more bad plays than we should have. led to the loss.