Dak top of the league last year in recognition of and accuracy to open receivers

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This was true before when he would take off. Now he stands in the pocket like a 38 year old Drew Bledsoe. Doesn't look like the same player to me.
Yep, makes it easier to hit a near stationary target....its another case of Dak needing everyone around him to do more to cover his inadequacies.
I can't believe some of these BlameAnyoneButDak, I'm a fence sitter but this constant deflection of blame is unbelievable.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is “top of the league” in all sorts of made up stats except in the ones that matter

Back to back playoff wins
CCG appearances and wins
SB appearances and wins

The net sum of all above stats? ZERO, ZIP, NADA
So is Zack Martin, Tyron, Ware (as a Cowboy) and many many other really good to HOF players that have played on this team since 1996..There of course have been players leave the franchise and magically they can win in the playoffs..maybe its more than the QB over the last 27 years?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So is Zack Martin, Tyron, Ware (as a Cowboy) and many many other really good to HOF players that have played on this team since 1996..There of course have been players leave the franchise and magically they can win in the playoffs..maybe its more than the QB over the last 27 years?
Is that the same Ware that left the Cowboys and won a SB and let's be fair, regardless of how great Zack is when was a team led to a championship by its RG?
Dak, without his leg's isn't the same player he was, great at managing a team when everything's working, however, a QB needs to step up as playoff football isn't as easy as the regular season. Dak hasn't shown us that ability, but granted 2023 will be his best chance of success...we'll see.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This was true before when he would take off. Now he stands in the pocket like a 38 year old Drew Bledsoe. Doesn't look like the same player to me.
This is ridiculous. He is one of the best QBs in the NFL at avoiding pressure and getting the ball downfield. Maybe he's not as fast as he was in 2016, but he is still effective with his mobility and excellent in the pocket.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is “top of the league” in all sorts of made up stats except in the ones that matter

Back to back playoff wins
CCG appearances and wins
SB appearances and wins

The net sum of all above stats? ZERO, ZIP, NADA
and there is about 4 QBs that fit your category. Mahomes, Brady, Burrows, Stafford. am I missing anyone?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Is that the same Ware that left the Cowboys and won a SB and let's be fair, regardless of how great Zack is when was a team led to a championship by its RG?
Dak, without his leg's isn't the same player he was, great at managing a team when everything's working, however, a QB needs to step up as playoff football isn't as easy as the regular season. Dak hasn't shown us that ability, but granted 2023 will be his best chance of success...we'll see.
Clearly i said (as a Cowboy) with Ware and actually said players have left and magically can win playoff games with other franchises..to me that speaks of this franchise as does the 27 years of proof we have.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Clearly i said (as a Cowboy) with Ware and actually said players have left and magically can win playoff games with other franchises..to me that speaks of this franchise as does the 27 years of proof we have.
Doesn't that happen with at all clubs?

shabazz

Reaction score
I think it’s consistency also. Look at the bucs playoff game. They threw every look at him they could and Dak stood in there the whole game and was making all the throws. As many times and the tight window throws he was making I was just waiting for the picks to happen. But then he will come in next time and make a bone head throw..
The Bucs “throwing everything they had at him” and the Niners “ throwing everything they had at him” is like comparing a .22 caliber to a .45 cal.

there was a reason the Bucs record was 8-9 in the worst division in football……and it’s only been 4 times in the History of the NFL that a team made the playoffs with a losing record

our playoff win last season should have an asterisk next to it

12+88=7

Reaction score
Against the #1 defense in the NFL on the road with no run game poor blocking and one guy to throw to? And the defense caving in the 4th?

Yep, you are right, he cant carry THIS team. And they cant carry him.
Those are excuses.

The game was lost by the two turnovers.

Switch it around. Purdy makes two turnovers and Prescott none, Dallas wins.

That was the difference in the game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Those are excuses.

They were certainly factors but there were plays everywhere that were missed that contributed. Saying nothing else but the 2 Dak bad throws mattered is really short sided.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Against the #1 defense in the NFL on the road with no run game poor blocking and one guy to throw to? And the defense caving in the 4th?

Yep, you are right, he cant carry THIS team. And they cant carry him.
both of you have valid points. Cowboy Fans big beef with Dak is he is being pId like Elite QB but cant create winning opportunities like elite QB ( although his fee is in line with market in the middle right now )

as far as open receivers concerned , my big beef with Dak is he waits too long and for a visible open receiver ( which puts too much pressure on OL ) before throwing the ball and so minimizing hits, he need to develop and throw open the receivers .
Yet he can't carry this team to a championship game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those are excuses.

Those are facts. The game was tied 9-9 at halftime. Those two picks had already happened.

This was basically 0-0 with one half of football to play. Facts are stubborn things.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The QB is by far the most critical position on a football team, and in all of sports. None of those guys eat up as much of a cap hit as Dak either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
both of you have valid points. Cowboy Fans big beef with Dak is he is being pId like Elite QB but cant create winning opportunities like elite QB ( although his fee is in line with market in the middle right now )

as far as open receivers concerned , my big beef with Dak is he waits too long and for a visible open receiver ( which puts too much pressure on OL ) before throwing the ball and so minimizing hits, he need to develop and throw open the receivers .
Nonsense. These same trolls were hating on Dak when he was on his rookie deal. Dak is right in line with his ranking.

Dak creates plenty of winning opportunities. The offense just struggles against the #1 defense in the NFL without Pollard. Not a big deal. They are #1 for a reason.

I dont see Dak holding onto the ball too long. I see an Oline that cant hold up against elite defenses. I see a RB like Zeke that sucked and put us in lots of 3rd and 2nd and long. That part is a statistical fact.

If I have a problem with Dak its that he should pull the ball down more and take off when he has the chance. Make the defense pay. Needs to dump the ball a little more to the check down or the back instead of firing it in there thinking he can make every play.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
In this new world of nerdism invading football this has to be the nerdiest of them all.

It's a Brave Nerd World out there. Be safe.
"We'll never be free until nerd persecution ends." - Gilbert