Dak vs Carr after 3 season and Carr's $125M contract

Rayman70

Reaction score
Carr will never be as good as Dak. He had a short stretch where he and Cooper lit it up in Oakland...then Carr just didn't look right.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Who wanna bet Dak's agent have these numbers as well......just saying

I heard here that stats/ numbers don't matter.....its the "eye ball test" that proves whether a QB is good or not......durrrrrrr

Based on the expert opinion of the CZ eyeball test scouts, dak is just another tebow and it won't require much to sign him. CZ scouts say kirk cousins throws a pretty spiral, they should lure him away from the vikes instead.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Derek Carr has a lot of arm talent and he's in a horrible Jon Gruden offense.

If Derek Carr was our QB and he would do really well here because of the matchups on the outside he would get thanks to Zeke.
This was his first year in Gruden's offense....come on. He's had one good year when his team was good.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jimmy G got a good sized deal (with an out after 2019) and that was for a decent 5 game stretch.

Anyone who thinks Dak is going to get some team friendly, small deal, doesn't understand the QB market right now. This is a league wide problem, as valuable as QBs are, they are getting paid far too much.

With how many players we have to pay on defense soon, the money we are giving to our offensive line, the money we will be giving to the RB and WR 1 - yeah, this isn't looking good.

LOL...don't agree with a few of your views concerning Dak but this is true. The league has lost control of the QB market. ALL QBS are benefiting.....hell 2019 tag will likely be $25M and 2020 $27M+. But team have identified QB as the centerpiece of their teams. If I'm forced to pay out lots of money, I'm giving to the player that controls W/Land is the face of the team. So if we can get him to sign averaging $20-23M, we're doing good but I'm guessing 2019 tag is the floor his agent will use.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yet, you quote my post and still refuse to answer the question. Our team sucks so bad how did they get to 11 wins? It makes no sense. Help me understand.

We went 10-6 and out of those wins - we beat a banged up Philly team, New Orleans, and Washington. We then beat the overachieving Seahawks in the playoffs.

We were 4-5 against winning teams during the season. Again, 2 of those games were against a banged up Philly, 1 of those games was with Colt freakin' McCoy, and luckily our D showed up against New Orleans.

You struggle with context.

Verdict

Reaction score
Who wanna bet Dak's agent have these numbers as well......just saying

The two players aren't similar at all, and I actually like Dak. Dak sort of wins in spite of himself in some instances.

I don't like it burn i think the floor on Dak is $25m per year. It's going to surprise some people here and piss off a lot of posters. That's probably going to be considered a team friendly deal if it's for 5 years total duration and even better if it's 5 years on top of his current deal.

That's too much for what he does, but he CAN improve and if so that would be a bargain. Or he could continue to have poor pocket awareness and regress and it could be a painful contract.

If I were the Cowboys he would get three years of it guaranteed at a fairly level rate so you could get out of it after year three with no cap hit.

Verdict

Reaction score
And?

You talk as if Carr has one hand tied behind his back, and the opposite is true. Oakland is and always has been built to favor their passing game and throwing the ball down the field. Perfect for the "arm talent" you're enamored with. The same "arm talent" that team has repeatedly fallen for with the Jeff George's and Jamarcus Russell's of the world.

Too bad the arm is connected to the head.

I would be waiting for Carr to get cut and bring him to the Cowboys on a reasonable deal and let him compete with Dak to the the QB of the Cowboys. He has talent, just like Amari Cooper. He just needs a change of scenery.

We need a real QB coach. Not a Kellen Moore pretender.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Derek Carr has a lot of arm talent and he's in a horrible Jon Gruden offense.

If Derek Carr was our QB and he would do really well here because of the matchups on the outside he would get thanks to Zeke.

He's a worse quarterback than Dak though. Carr could do really well here, but not at well as Dak.

Also running backs don't dictate match ups. And Carr has had a ton of talent around him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
[QUOTE="CATCH17, post: 8977377, member:

In Dallas everything is optimal for a decent QB to be decent or a little better then decent.

I[/QUOTE]

Please explain how Dallas is optimal lmao

Starting TEs- Swaim and Jarwin
Starting WRs- Twill, Hurns, Beasley
OC- Linehan

You've got to be trolling

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The two players aren't similar at all, and I actually like Dak. Dak sort of wins in spite of himself in some instances.

I don't like it burn i think the floor on Dak is $25m per year. It's going to surprise some people here and piss off a lot of posters. That's probably going to be considered a team friendly deal if it's for 5 years total duration and even better if it's 5 years on top of his current deal.

That's too much for what he does, but he CAN improve and if so that would be a bargain. Or he could continue to have poor pocket awareness and regress and it could be a painful contract.

If I were the Cowboys he would get three years of it guaranteed at a fairly level rate so you could get out of it after year three with no cap hit.

Why not 3 years $75, 100% guaranteed. We know age nor durability should be an issue but It gives Dak and Cowboys an out after three years.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
Carr might be the single most overrated player in the NFL. His contract was awful. If anything he should serve as a warning about paying mediocre QBs top dollar.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Dak is not worth that. If Dak wants more than 15 million, let him go. Tear down the franchise, aim to try and draft Clemson QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jimmy G got a good sized deal (with an out after 2019) and that was for a decent 5 game stretch.

Anyone who thinks Dak is going to get some team friendly, small deal, doesn't understand the QB market right now. This is a league wide problem, as valuable as QBs are, they are getting paid far too much.

With how many players we have to pay on defense soon, the money we are giving to our offensive line, the money we will be giving to the RB and WR 1 - yeah, this isn't looking good.
Also, even though the man seemingly accepts every commercial deal he can get, he's been operating on a late 4th rounders rookie deal.

Like it or not, he is going to get paid bigtime--either in Dallas or elsewhere.
I DO think we value him more than other teams might on the open market.
But he's going to a Cowboy
That won't cut it financially.
Maybe on his third contract he might dial it back, but pretty much any NFL player would be sure to get whatever they can get (within, say 10%) if they were in his shoes.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Carr might be the single most overrated player in the NFL. His contract was awful. If anything he should serve as a warning about paying mediocre QBs top dollar.
Well, a current Rumor is Odell Beckham straight up for Derek Carr.

From what the Raiders have been doing (shedding high priced non-QBs for draft picks) it doesn't seem to make sense. But it's out there.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
Well, a current Rumor is Odell Beckham straight up for Derek Carr.

Paying top dollar for a WR is almost as bad for a team as overpaying a mediocre QB.
One mans trash for another mans trash? Knock yourselves out Raiders, and Giants.

Birdgang

Reaction score
It should be noted, that Carrs down year was this year. His numbers actually got better after the Amari trade. Think about how good he would be with a running game a WR1 that wants to play. Lots went on in Oakland, Carr is not the best example for anything. Dak is going to get paid 22 - 28 million period. No QB is worth that money .... Eagles and Nick Foles just proved that ..... Agents are the ones that put this stupid belief in that you need a 100 million dollar franchise QB .

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It should be noted, that Carrs down year was this year. His numbers actually got better after the Amari trade. Think about how good he would be with a running game a WR1 that wants to play. Lots went on in Oakland, Carr is not the best example for anything. Dak is going to get paid 22 - 28 million period. No QB is worth that money .... Eagles and Nick Foles just proved that ..... Agents are the ones that put this stupid belief in that you need a 100 million dollar franchise QB .

"Carrs down year was this year"
Carr had the most yards of his career this year despite having the 2nd least pass attempts of his career. He had career highs in completion %, yards per attempt, and 2nd in INT % and total INT, passer rating, and QBR.

"Think about how good he'd be with a running game and WR1 that wants to play"
You think a player who mastered the art of route running and learned the nuances of speed adjustment hates football? Wow.

How exactly did Nick Foles(who just lost to a QB making $30M this year) disprove that QBs aren't worth $22-$28M?