Dak vs Justin Fields

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
After Dak wins a super bowl with the Cowboys you will feel differently.
Yes I will feel differently than I feel now, hope it happens.

Having said that I would have preferred Fields with 5 years of much lower cap hit and the extra pick(s) that we could have gotten from Dak. I feel that would have given us a better chance to win the super bowl.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Fields had the 2016 team to "warm up" into the league...I think he'd better. If he can stay healthy.

Dak had the good fortune rookies very rarely have.

Havin said that...let's hope for a healthy Dak and better defense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And Fields could be out of the NFL in 2 years. What he did in college means nothing compare to what Dak has done in the NFL already.
Right you are govnor, Dak has done plenty in the NFL for us.:rolleyes:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You can't reason with these guys. For whatever reason they love Dak and think he is the answer.

Instead of arguing over the color of the sky let's just look at it like this.

Scenario:
If the cowboys needed a QB coming off last season. Dak coming off season ending injury and played with a different team say the broncos. Whom has dragged him a long a few years on franchise tag and ruined the relationship. He wants out but just had again, same gruesome injury he had last year. Same stats, same record.

Would the Cowboys be considered crazy for paying him the same deal instead of waiting for the draft? Would it be considered over paying? Would the fans be in an uproar?

I believe yes to all of the above. We fell for the sunk cost fallacy plus Jerry values stars for their jersey sales more than their ability.

No matter what the Dak lovers will say, we overpaid for a non-elite level QB coming off a serious injury.

Oh I smell the unmistakable scent of DIBH (Dak Induced Butt Hurt).. You like Fields.. great.. go enjoy being a fan of whatever team drafted him.. I don't even know because I don't care..

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
We didn’t overpay Dak. He was given the market rate for a QB of his talent in the NFL.

Some team like the Bears or Broncos would have given him even more.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We didn’t overpay Dak. He was given the market rate for a QB of his talent in the NFL.

Some team like the Bears or Broncos would have given him even more.

You'll have to pardon these people. They are of the illusion that THEY get to decide what a player is worth and not the market. There's nothing to be done about them... Haters gonna hate and you can't fix stupid..

ologan

Reaction score
Fields on a cheap rookie deal > Dak on a expensive deal.
It ain’t your money....don’t worry about it. I like Dak’s past history, working his way into the starting QB role in HS and college, and the success he enjoyed on those levels. The man’s a leader. We improve the defense, and then give him a chance to show what he can do.
I’m a believer in little things....small things that show the true character of people. The one that jumped out at me his very first year, was the scene of him sitting on the sidelines after a particular series, getting a drink from a paper cup, turning to throw it away, and then getting up from the bench to pick the cup up from the ground to make sure it got in the trash can......little things that speak of his character and attention to detail. I know that’s crazy, but to me, that’s a “ tell” of the man.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I will feel differently than I feel now, hope it happens.

Having said that I would have preferred Fields with 5 years of much lower cap hit and the extra pick(s) that we could have gotten from Dak. I feel that would have given us a better chance to win the super bowl.
What was the excuse when Prescott played on his rookie contract?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You'll have to pardon these people. They are of the illusion that THEY get to decide what a player is worth and not the market. There's nothing to be done about them... Haters gonna hate and you can't fix stupid..

Yeah.. Let’s let the market decide what we pay a non difference making player.

Lets just pay a non difference making QB like he’s Mahomes.. This will end well for us I’m sure. I mean there is just a mountain of evidence that paying QBs, especially Dak types, correlates to championships.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah.. Let’s let the market decide what we pay a non difference making player.

Lets just pay a non difference making QB like he’s Mahomes.
. This will end well for us I’m sure. I mean there is just a mountain of evidence that paying QBs, especially Dak types, correlates to championships.

Okay.. let's not.. Why don't you use your considerable power and influence to change it? I'll wait..

sbark

Reaction score
Is Fields better than D.Haskins....the last great OSU Qb

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s not that big brain.. I was ranking draft prospects and the NFL saw things the way I did.

I ranked prospects on how their talent translates to the Pro game, just like NFL scouts did, now I’m supposed to be accountable for the million other factors after they are drafted?

You’re really laughing at that? Lol Use your brain please.
LOL...NFL saw things the way you did..

question: How big is your head...to think you know more than NFL people..

WOW...just WOW

so again, in your opinion and expert analysis Wilson could be good and he could fail.....

and btw, there is plenty of history on how you think prospects talent translates to NFL...Mahomes and Watson LOL

:lmao2::lmao::laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
69 starts in 5 seasons. 42 wins, 27 loses. 66.00% completions, 17634 yards passing, 7.7 yards per attempt. 106 TDs, 40 ints.

Playoff records of 1 win, 2 loses.
Dak’s lack of success in the playoffs is hardly his fault. It feels as if Dallas’s lack of playoff success in the last 25 years is all being held against Prescott.
oh come on you know most of those stats were empty stats...oh, wait, he has 42 wins..ok, you know he only scores in the 4th quarter and we all know that points in the first half count more than second half....oh wait..not that either...

but he has a 40M price tag..wait, 2021 price tag is 22M...

well, give me a little more time so I can come up with a new spin.....;)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The same NFL that thought that Mitch Trubisky was better than Deshaun Watson -- and Josh Rosen better than Lamar Jackson?
and Catch17 thought Mahomes and Watson's game doesn't translate well to the NFL...but he advocated for a couple of players who never made it on any team as them translating well.

yeah, what ever this guys says, think the opposite.....exact opposite and its correct...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fields took the Buckeyes to the cusp of a national championship. Dak and his Mississippi State team went 4-4 in the SEC during his senior year.
Fields will win many NFL playoff games, surpassing Dak's career 1 playoff win.
so you compare talent in OSU to MS....really!!?