Twitter: Dak vs. Watson, Goff, Wentz

phildadon86

Reaction score
Don’t be 2-7 against winning teams and have the offense totally disappear in big game and I’ll acknowledge your numbers.

Dallas had the #2 offense in football last year and it was completely awful against good teams.
Lol. Prior to last season Dak was just under 50 percent against winning teams. So you going to acknowledge his numbers prior to last season?

Adreme

Reaction score
Did you know that Cooper had more yards and TD's than Hopkins last year? Dallas also has a better line, better RB, and better depth at WR than Houston. I'll take Gallup over Fuller or Stills any day.

I would not take Gallop over Fuller or even Stills. There is a reason Dallas lead the league in dropped passes (Gallop was 2nd in the league with 11) and its not their sure handed WRs. Having a great RB does not exactly help the passing numbers, especially when he is not great at catching passes, but it did contribute to Dallas having technically the number 1 rated offense last year.

Also to Amari had 24 more yards but 25 fewer receptions (which is both good and bad because longer yards per catch but less of them), had a lower reception % and 1 more drop but 1 more TD (7 to 8). All in all i would give their year a wash but the problem is that this was one of Hopkin's worst years and its a wash against Cooper's best which if anything highlights the difference between them.

Overall Dallas had a better OLine, but the weapons Houston has just were light years better.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I would not take Gallop over Fuller or even Stills. There is a reason Dallas lead the league in dropped passes (Gallop was 2nd in the league with 11) and its not their sure handed WRs. Having a great RB does not exactly help the passing numbers, especially when he is not great at catching passes, but it did contribute to Dallas having technically the number 1 rated offense last year.

Also to Amari had 24 more yards but 25 fewer receptions (which is both good and bad because longer yards per catch but less of them), had a lower reception % and 1 more drop but 1 more TD (7 to 8). All in all i would give their year a wash but the problem is that this was one of Hopkin's worst years and its a wash against Cooper's best which if anything highlights the difference between them.

Overall Dallas had a better OLine, but the weapons Houston has just were light years better.
Not only that but who defense would you say is better? Plus, didn't Watson have a historical collapse in the playoffs

CowboysRule

Reaction score

It's been shown that a lot of the drops the WR's had were on poorly thrown balls that while technically catchable, were not easy. That's been Dak's issue for awhile. He can get a ball to the area a WR is in but lacks accuracy to have the ability to throw it away from the DB but still be catchable for the WR.

Zeke isn't great at pass catching? Have you watched them play at all?

I love all the great evidence you gave to show Houston's skill players are "light years" better.

Adreme

Reaction score
It's been shown that a lot of the drops the WR's had were on poorly thrown balls that while technically catchable, were not easy. That's been Dak's issue for awhile. He can get a ball to the area a WR is in but lacks accuracy to have the ability to throw it away from the DB but still be catchable for the WR.

I love all the great evidence you gave to show Houston's skill players are "light years" better.

Here is the stat of drops is tracked "incomplete passes where the receiver SHOULD have caught the pass with ORDINARY effort.". This is why after the game ends the number of drops is always lower than the numbers you saw during the game because they will defer HEAVILY in favor of the receiver for the stat of drops to the point where it has to have hit your hands and fallen free without a defender getting in the way.

Other things we already know: Dak, despite his weapons having the most drops in the NFL, had a higher completion % than Watson. Catchable balls is a measurable stat and Dak was rated VERY highly in that so the inaccurate tale is clearly a fiction. I am also a little surprised I would have to argue why a guy who can only catch 58% of passes thrown his way is not that good compared to players who are catching 70% of them. I did not think I would have to justify why just about every NFL team had better TEs than the Cowboys. I can do it, but I figured some things could just be taken as read.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Shown where?

ondaedg

Reaction score
If funny how people argue...Well, Dak needs a lot of talent around him! Have you seen Mahomes surrounding talent???? Please

This. John Elway had Vance Johnson, Nattiel, Jackson, Rod Smith, Mcaffrey, Sharpe, Terrell Davis, etc etc. Joe Montana had the GOAT. Brady had Moss, Gronk, and the lists go on and on. Show me one great qb that didn't have great talent around them.

It's the worst argument of them all.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Dak should have better numbers, he has a better offense around him than those other QB's.

Dak should have terrible numbers as he is the 4th round throw away pick that has been paid 1/10 of Goff and Wentz, and according to people like you should not even be a NFL starter.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Dak should have terrible numbers as he is the 4th round throw away pick that has been paid 1/10 of Goff and Wentz, and according to people like you should not even be a NFL starter.
Did I say that? I merely acknowledged that he has issues that he needs to improve on. Players don't get better just because you give them more money.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Watson, Wentz both have had to run their offenses without a premier RB. Defenses game plan to stop Wentz and Watson they dont game plan to stop Dak.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

No, that's just what you wanted to see lmao.

Zeke isn't a great pass catcher at all. Have you watched him play?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Watson, Wentz both have had to run their offenses without a premier RB. Defenses game plan to stop Wentz and Watson they dont game plan to stop Dak.

Weird how Dak ran the offense while Pollatd was in just as effectively. They must game plan for Zeke while he's off the field.

Thinking teams game plan for Wentz and not Dak shows an extreme amount of ignorance.

John813

Reaction score

Fuller has yet to play a full season in 4 years(65% game played out of possible regular season games ), yet you would take him over Gallup?
Cobb had a better year than Stills. Same Kenny Stills who has yet to have a year like Gallup, while playing 7 seasons.

Zeke has caught 77 passes in 18 and 54 in 19, yet he doesn't help the passing numbers?

Witten was slow as dirt, but also reliable in terms of placement. Jarwin showed off playmaking when given the chance.

Houston's weapons do no blow the Cowboys weapons out of the water.
Light years? c'mon.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Watson has a way better offensive mind as his coach than dak did..Watson also had way better wrs..so not quite...nice try though
Hopkins yes, but Fuller was hurt a lot of the season and I'm not sure he's better than Gallup anyway. Dak definitely has a better cast of talent around him.